No thoughts and prayers today?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
One of the best ways to bring a country down and destroy it is to attack it from within like a trojan horse. Drug cartels gangs organized crime all of which are used to bring a country down. Once a richest person, or what you feel to call it gains full control the whole of a Nation will crumble. Do some research on the Roman empire you may be surprised at how similar the situation is in this country right now.
This place has been too close for comfort for over 50 years. The '50s was a time when the US was still into the post-war "We can do anything" thinking and consumerism became rampant. Politicians became drunken with their power and that's one of the worst things that can happen to a nation.

We need to cut the heads off of the Hydra if we want to save this and it starts with the general population adopting some kind of attitude that's not so freaking selfish. Three people identify as a turtle and they want the whole country to change so they'll feel validated and then, Congress decides to mandate some BS that forces the rest of the 325 Million people to do this while, in another part of the country, some asshat is blowing people away with something they don't actually need, because he doesn't like a particular group of people and they feel insignificant or because they didn't get the puppy they wanted when they turned 6. SMDH

The similarities to the Three Card Monty game are too strong to ignore.

highfigh

highfigh

This two party system, Republicans and Democrats have and will continue to be a power struggle between the two. Ones for the people and the other is for corporate America capitalism. Democracy wasn't used lightly when Our founding fathers of this nation decided to create a constitution for the People, this can be debated what needs to be changed. Giving up rights to bear arms is a privilege that our Constitution protects.
The Constitution can be considered 'For The People', but also 'To restrict/limit the government's powers' and to prevent government overreach.

Oh, well- it was good while it lasted.

highfigh

highfigh

The planet is really sick !
The planet is fine, but people don't want to admit that humans are animals and the animal world is very cruel, when seen from afar. The main difference between humans and other animals is: Humans kill for fun and purely out of anger, most other animals only kill for food or defense. The last part is where we're similar and I don't think anyone has the right to prevent us from defending ourselves, but I do think that we're at the point where people need to be honest about the problem which is people, not just access to weapons. The reason guns are used is because they work from a distance and most of the time, the person on the other end of the barrel is stopped before they reach the shooter. And because almost all other methods require physical contact, strength and/or speed.

IMO, the best thing for the rest of the planet would be for humans to leave. As good as some people are, the bad ones are really effing it up for the whole planet.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
This place has been too close for comfort for over 50 years. The '50s was a time when the US was still into the post-war "We can do anything" thinking and consumerism became rampant. Politicians became drunken with their power and that's one of the worst things that can happen to a nation.

We need to cut the heads off of the Hydra if we want to save this and it starts with the general population adopting some kind of attitude that's not so freaking selfish. Three people identify as a turtle and they want the whole country to change so they'll feel validated and then, Congress decides to mandate some BS that forces the rest of the 325 Million people to do this while, in another part of the country, some asshat is blowing people away with something they don't actually need, because he doesn't like a particular group of people and they feel insignificant or because they didn't get the puppy they wanted when they turned 6. SMDH

The similarities to the Three Card Monty game are too strong to ignore.
That's the thing, you said exactly what's wrong with this country, politicians are corrupt. With power, they are influenced by special interest groups, with blood money from organized crime. Our Law enforcement is corrupt with power abusing their power. When judges get gunned down, officers get gunned down at red lights writing a ticket because he busted some little crackhead two weeks before that tells me organized crime is rampant in this country. Than you have patrol offices shooting people because they didn't put their hand up fast enough and they get off with a slap on the wrist sometimes. The more we think about, there's lots more that's not reported or found out years latter and nothing's done about it. You absolutely correct it was fun while it lasted. Let's not forget communism, you have Russia still causing chaotic poop in the world. That poop head leader over in Russia who will stop at nothing in helping to bring down Our Nation. Russia is Our #1 enemy, with China, Iran, North Korea coming in a close #2. So I'm gonna sit back pop open a ice cold brew and watch the show go on as we get closer to a third world war.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Mostly because it is long overdue and the drumpf keeps stirring this pot and we have had several mass shootings because of it. It has a long history in the US, it doesn't need revival.
Can you name all the mass shootings and tell me specifically what trump said to influence the shooter?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Can you name all the mass shootings and tell me specifically what trump said to influence the shooter?
Can you tell me why all the praying all of you are doing is doing nothing to stop the carnage?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Here is a quote out of Elizabeth Warren's plan for gun violence prevention. Now remember, this is from someone who is not only an attorney, but was a law professor at Harvard:

• Prohibiting anyone convicted of a hate crime from owning a gun. Too often, guns are used in acts of mass violence intended to provoke fear in minority communities; more than 10,000 hate crimes involve a gun every year. Any individual convicted of a hate crime should be permanently prohibited from owning a gun, full stop.

Anyone convicted of a felony in the US, and all hate crimes are felonies, is already prohibited from owning a firearm of any kind. In fact, the penalties already include up to 10 years in prison and a $250K fine.

https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/research-and-publications/quick-facts/Quick_Facts_Felon_in_Possession_of_a_Firearm.pdf

I see two possibilities here. One, Warren is really such a poor legal scholar that she didn't know this. Two, that her staff wrote this position and she never even proof-read it before it was posted. Hmmm... since almost every legal scholar I've read thinks her proposed wealth tax is unconstitutional, and if so she should know better, I think I'll have to go with what's behind curtain #1.

If you want to read the entire position posting:

https://medium.com/@teamwarren/protecting-our-communities-from-gun-violence-a2ebf7abd9be

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Here is a quote out of Elizabeth Warren's plan for gun violence prevention. Now remember, this is from someone who is not only an attorney, but was a law professor at Harvard:

• Prohibiting anyone convicted of a hate crime from owning a gun. Too often, guns are used in acts of mass violence intended to provoke fear in minority communities; more than 10,000 hate crimes involve a gun every year. Any individual convicted of a hate crime should be permanently prohibited from owning a gun, full stop.

Anyone convicted of a felony in the US, and all hate crimes are felonies, is already prohibited from owning a firearm of any kind. In fact, the penalties already include up to 10 years in prison and a $250K fine.

https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/research-and-publications/quick-facts/Quick_Facts_Felon_in_Possession_of_a_Firearm.pdf

I see two possibilities here. One, Warren is really such a poor legal scholar that she didn't know this. Two, that her staff wrote this position and she never even proof-read it before it was posted. Hmmm... since almost every legal scholar I've read thinks her proposed wealth tax is unconstitutional, and if so she should know better, I think I'll have to go with what's behind curtain #1.

If you want to read the entire position posting:

https://medium.com/@teamwarren/protecting-our-communities-from-gun-violence-a2ebf7abd9be
3) She understands the acumen of her target audience ;)

- Rich

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

- Rich
Which seems to include the press, including such luminaries as Fox News, since I haven't read anything about how dumb this is.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief

- Rich
Is she a right winger? Or just some chick looking to gain power for her agenda. I'm going to do my own research on this chick. Looks like she may be slightly on a commie slide. Look guys when our leaders start talking about taking away our constitutional right to bear arms and me not being a political person per se. But as a legal citizen of our Nation they get my full attention when they, our elected officials, leaders, so called start talking about taking my rights to bear arms away isn't something we shouldn't as citizens just stand for her crap. If what I've been reading just on AH is anywhere near her thoughts on gun control than it's up to the people to stop that kind of rhetoric that she's trying to ram down people's throats just to appease her targeted audience.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Is she a right winger? Or just some chick looking to gain power for her agenda. I'm going to do my own research on this chick. Looks like she may be slightly on a commie slide. Look guys when our leaders start talking about taking away our constitutional right to bear arms and me not being a political person per se. But as a legal citizen of our Nation they get my full attention when they, our elected officials, leaders, so called start talking about taking my rights to bear arms away isn't something we shouldn't as citizens just stand for her crap. If what I've been reading just on AH is anywhere near her thoughts on gun control than it's up to the people to stop that kind of rhetoric that she's trying to ram down people's throats just to appease her targeted audience.
I thought she was very much the opposite. Big fan of rich paying for stuff poor can't afford.

I could be wrong, but there was one where she thought that student loan debt should be paid back by the tax payers. WTF? Why should I pay for a loan someone else took out? Not my problem.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I thought she was very much the opposite. Big fan of rich paying for stuff poor can't afford.

I could be wrong, but there was one where she thought that student loan debt should be paid back by the tax payers. WTF? Why should I pay for a loan someone else took out? Not my problem.
Welcome to the Republican party.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief

I don't much about her, have seen stores of her on the Internet. That student loan program is out of control. Well over a trillion that tax payers are on the hook for. Think about that for a few minutes, where's the money coming from to fund it? But yet SSA now going in the red and by 2034 it won't have enough in it to pay out full entitlements to retired or retiring worker's. To cover the full entitlements taxes will have to be raised or entitlements will be reduced. My point is, people are not paying those loan's back the default rate is out of control. So yeah why should us taxpayers have to foot that bad program. Haven't we taken enough from being ripped off by our government officials.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I don't much about her, have seen stores of her on the Internet. That student loan program is out of control. Well over a trillion that tax payers are on the hook for. Think about that for a few minutes, where's the money coming from to fund it? But yet SSA now going in the red and by 2034 it won't have enough in it to pay out full entitlements to retired or retiring worker's. To cover the full entitlements taxes will have to be raised or entitlements will be reduced. My point is, people are not paying those loan's back the default rate is out of control. So yeah why should us taxpayers have to foot that bad program. Haven't we taken enough from being ripped off by our government officials.
Well, a lot of those loans are private so tax payers won't have to deal with those, but if someone's going to do something about loans they can just erase them. I mean, all banks are is a database of how much money we all have or owe. Zero it out and no harm no foul.

It obviously doesn't work that way though.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well, a lot of those loans are private so tax payers won't have to deal with those, but if someone's going to do something about loans they can just erase them. I mean, all banks are is a database of how much money we all have or owe. Zero it out and no harm no foul.

You know that ain't gonna happen. The govrnment can't force them to eat the loan . Besides, many loans are guaranteed by the government. Guess who will wind up footing that bill.

Same for underfunded government pensions. Guess whose on the hook for that?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
You know that ain't gonna happen. The govrnment can't force them to eat the loan . Besides, many loans are guaranteed by the government. Guess who will wind up footing that bill.
Actually, that part of the solution is easy. All you've got to do is allow student loans to be discharged in bankruptcies. They used to be dischargeable until 1987 when a court decision set a dumb precedent. Change the bankruptcy laws and a lot of pain gets transferred to the loan makers, as it should be.

Of course, that doesn't solve the two real problems, for-profit universities and their unregulated bad habits, they prey on no-so-worldly students, and grossly inefficient universities of all kinds, public and private, which have caused the price of university educations to rise faster than inflation (by far). Too many high-priced administrators who make six-figure salaries (sometimes seven figures),with bloated staffs often focused on fundraising, while a lot of teaching is done by underpaid grad students and so-called "adjunct professors", who get paid very little. The entire university system, IMHO, needs a reboot with a new OS, or forgiving loans is, to quote a very bad analogy, like putting a Bandaid on cancer.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief

That's my point, our government has a 21 + trillion deficit owed, plus private debt in this country comes to something like 70+ trillion alone with our government. Now who is going to stop our country from defaulting? Who? China? Japan? Umm...my point is how many nuclear weapons we have just in this country alone. Plus in other countries overseas. Currency is what it is, my debt is about 7,000g's totally right now. I live on social security its judgment-proof except for back taxes back child support student loans and certain victims crimes. If I choose to default there's not a damn thing they can do about it. Yeah they can take me to a civil court they'll lose but than I'm blackballed from ever making any other loans. That's how I see if our government decides to go that route. No other country will ever loan our country any currency ever again. Till they need our military. That's why the World depend so much on United States to protect them from Russia, China, Iran, North Korea and certain countries in northern Africa. Some would say even Afghanistan, South America alone with the Colombian drug trade. Take away the USA, and the whole World is in a Would of sh$t. Mexico needs us we don't need them China needs us we don't need them. If corporate America would just bring jobs back to the United States and pay everybody a fair living wage regardless of what they think is profitable stop the greed we as a Nation would be far better off.

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
IMNSHO, student loans should be funded, and held by, the colleges themselves. That way, they have some skin in the game. If they persist in charging exorbitant prices for a bullshit feel good degree where there's little to no chance of the student ever recouping the cost of the degree, then they should be the one on the hook. Nobody else.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis