Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Agree, but suicide attempts becomes so much, much more deadly when firearms are involved.
Add when they're not successful, they do a lot of damage- my cousin's daughter tried it with a .38 and now, she councils people who are considering it. As bad as it went physically, she's glad to have survived.

highfigh

highfigh

Most of the things Trump "supposedly" said are actually documented in tweets, interviews, press conferences, campaigning and so on.

While Sarah Palin may never have said that, it is pretty much spot on :D
Satire should be.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What do you recommend if you don't like anyone who's running?
What to do is something people have to figure out for themselves in the end, call it civic duty if you like.

Personally, I would vote for what I consider the least bad alternative but I own up to what I've voted and do not double down to defend my vote when it turns out I was wrong or I change my mind. Each and everyone has to decide for themselves what constitute the best/least bad alternative, and be open minded enough to admit to themselves that they might have made a bad choice.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
The majority of the NRA aren't the noisy ones, though. The problem is that any recommendations are met with strong resistance and over-reaction by the leader and the minority who have a death grip on their guns. They can often be spotted wearing a dinner platter-sized belt buckle with 'The Right To Bear Arms' but if you ask them to quote the whole Amendment, they usually can't. Ask them to explain it and it's like looking into a doll's eyes.

Statistically, it is safer to not own a gun but we also need to deal with the mental illness aspect of life and suicide has many causes. Family history, some kind of abuse by others, drug/alcohol abuse and lack of ability to deal with problems are frequent causes.

I want people to be required to train on a regular basis because I don't want lead flying around- not long after I bought my house, a neighbor was getting up from a nap when she heard glass break and a thump on the bed near her. It was a slug, fired from over 1-1/2 miles away. That was during a robbery by a woman who wanted someone's coat.

People who have been abused often commit suicide and it may explain the high number by people I knew in high school who did this. I couldn't understand why but now that more info has come out about a math teacher, it has become more clear.

People who would be called 'law abiding' use guns because they're effective. Criminals use them because they're effective AND because they're easy to find outside of the normal channels, usually through interstate transactions and distribution by gangs.
Could we place similar restrictions on the 1st amendment. Perhaps you must be a high school graduate and read 1 non fiction and 10 fiction books annually before you can participate in a public protest. We could also require you to pass a 10 question 5th grade level test on the constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
And all you anti gunners are just jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
OK, so what happens if he's impeached? Will Congress allow Pence to move up and Pelosi be VP, or will they have Pence removed?
This is just my personal opinion, but I have a hard time seeing Pence ever being under the kind of assault that Trump is.
I probably disagree with Pence's policy/values more than Trump, but Pence seems like an honorable man who is not going to bad mouth Senator McCain because of disagreements or talk about Ted Cruz's dad killing JFK or any of the other BS crap Trump has done.
Trump has done some worthwhile things as president, but in the process he has pointlessly stirred up so much damaging crap (I'm thinking of the many strong alliances we have had in the past and hope to eventually restore).
If there was a special investigation against Pence, I believe he would manage it like any sane person (not DT!) would, which is to let it play out while focusing on moving forward doing his job.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well Trump showed everyone how smart he was the other night at one of his cult rallies where he talked about the record deep levels of the great lakes.
He is such a useless piece of garbage. He is out of his mind and has don't nothing good for anybody in his life if it didn't directly or indirectly benefit himself. He is an awful person, hard to call him human but calling him an animal is a disservice to the animal kingdom.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well Trump showed everyone how smart he was the other night at one of his cult rallies where he talked about the record deep levels of the great lakes.
He is such a useless piece of garbage. He is out of his mind and has don't nothing good for anybody in his life if it didn't directly or indirectly benefit himself. He is an awful person, hard to call him human but calling him an animal is a disservice to the animal kingdom.

Given this list of human traits, it is evident that he is human:

highfigh

highfigh

It's as if he thinks the bottom raises and lowers.......

Sorry to disappoint you, but as a boater who's on Lake Michigan regularly, the level is definitely higher than ten years ago and it didn't happen over one Winter. My friend bought a boat and uses the same slip as the previous owner, who was no longer able to use it now that he's in his 90s. He didn't usually take the boat out, but it was his hangout, man cave, whatever you want to call it. There's no way in hell he could get in without the step that was added two years ago- the step pad on the gunwale is at waist height for me, and I'm 6'-2". It was previously about a foot above the walkway at the dock. I wouldn't be surprised if he has to build a higher step this year.

I'll see the current level when I go there next week.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/11/higher-than-normal-water-levels-great-lakes-this-summer/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/02/11/lakes-superior-erie-near-record-levels/2831489002/

https://expo.mlive.com/news/g66l-2019/03/2474f95d886038/lake-michigan-and-lake-huron-to-gain-nearly-a-foot-of-water-8-trillion-gallons-by-summer.html

This shows that the Great Lakes hit record low levels in 2013. I'll check my friends' old boat after it goes in- the top of the gunwale was close to the same level as the dock at that time.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/05/12/great-lakes-water-levels/34860725/

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
And the leaks are on ... :)
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/us/politics/william-barr-mueller-report.html

As I stated earlier it was only a matter of time till the investigation started springing leaks and now it seems the race is on. Washington D.C. has always been a sieve, especially when it involves political back-biting between contending parties and even within the same administration. It's a time-honored tradition; the "anonymous source".

Though I have to give Mueller credit for keeping a tight lid on things as long as he did during the inquiry, as compared to the Star Report, during Clinton's presidency.

Meanwhile the country is left flapping in the wind for the worse, as the country's infrastructure crumbles, information technology goes unchecked, climate change is ignored, the chasm between rich and poor grows even more distant and our leadership in the world is in doubt, as we watch this "reality presidency" [shakes head in disgust].

Our enemies on the world stage are laughing at us we stumble around like a drunk and it's of our own making.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
And the leaks are on ... :)
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/us/politics/william-barr-mueller-report.html

As I stated earlier it was only a matter of time till the investigation started springing leaks and now it seems the race is on. Washington D.C. has always been a sieve, especially when it involves political back-biting between contending parties and even within the same administration. It's a time-honored tradition; the "anonymous source".

Though I have to give Mueller credit for keeping a tight lid on things as long as he did during the inquiry, as compared to the Star Report, during Clinton's presidency.

Meanwhile the country is left flapping in the wind for the worse, as the country's infrastructure crumbles, information technology goes unchecked, climate change is ignored, the chasm between rich and poor grows even more distant and our leadership in the world is in doubt, as we watch this "reality presidency" [shakes head in disgust].

Our enemies on the world stage are laughing at us we stumble around like a drunk and it's of our own making.
Elect a clown, expect a circus. This what the country voted for although I can't really say that because the loser got 3 million more votes. Only in this country does the winner get less votes and the loser gets more. No where else in the entire world would anyone put up with that.

highfigh

highfigh

Elect a clown, expect a circus. This what the country voted for although I can't really say that because the loser got 3 million more votes. Only in this country does the winner get less votes and the loser gets more. No where else in the entire world would anyone put up with that.

Never thought I would see something like this from a Democrat, but here it is-

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-electoral-college-popular-vote-trump-20161205-story.html

If they abolish the Electoral College, should the results just be a vote count on an individual basis, by state, by county?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Never thought I would see something like this from a Democrat, but here it is-

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-electoral-college-popular-vote-trump-20161205-story.html

If they abolish the Electoral College, should the results just be a vote count on an individual basis, by state, by county?
I know this is a hard concept to understand but the person with the most votes should be the winner.
You can bet your @ss if it were the other way around and two republicans lost but had more votes McConnell and the rest of the clowns would have changed it already.
It's ok for someone to get 3 million more votes and be declared the loser? What if it were 10 million? Certainly if someone loses by 3 million votes they shouldn't be running around like they have some big agenda.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
It's a tough choice, trying to decide whether it's time to move on from the Electoral College. There's always the issue of the tyranny of the masses vs. the tyranny of the minority, as we have now, on a variety of issues; gun control, health care, etc. Nothing is getting done.

But to continue down this path seems like madness, what with gerrymandering and the influence of big money lurking in the shadows, be it from the well funded industry lobbyists or individuals on both sides of the aisle.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
highfigh

highfigh

I know this is a hard concept to understand but the person with the most votes should be the winner.
You can bet your @ss if it were the other way around and two republicans lost but had more votes McConnell and the rest of the clowns would have changed it already.
It's ok for someone to get 3 million more votes and be declared the loser? What if it were 10 million? Certainly if someone loses by 3 million votes they shouldn't be running around like they have some big agenda.

Statistically, 3 million isn't a huge percentage, although it is significant although various sites show different totals. The BBC site shows about 1.3 million, 47% to 48%.

What I would be concerned by is when a candidate receives a major % of votes cast from one party but EC going to the other, in many states. Many states had a very small percentage difference but one thing stands out- cities vote predominantly Democrat, outlying areas mainly vote Republican and neither group wants the other governing them.

It's not as simple as saying "OK, we're no longer going to use the Electoral College".

OK, if Washington DC, California, Illinois, New York and a couple of other places cause all elections to go one way because they have more voters, expect a lot of people to move, or leave the country. Look at the way those places are run and you'll see why they shouldn't be the only places to determine the outcome of elections.

Based on county and state vote totals, Trump kicked Hillary's ass and if 40 states essentially have no say, expect some serious pushback. They both had some huge margins of victory but most states were far closer.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election/us2016/results

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Statistically, 3 million isn't a huge percentage, although it is significant although various sites show different totals. The BBC site shows about 1.3 million, 47% to 48%.

What I would be concerned by is when a candidate receives a major % of votes cast from one party but EC going to the other, in many states. Many states had a very small percentage difference but one thing stands out- cities vote predominantly Democrat, outlying areas mainly vote Republican and neither group wants the other governing them.

It's not as simple as saying "OK, we're no longer going to use the Electoral College".

OK, if Washington DC, California, Illinois, New York and a couple of other places cause all elections to go one way because they have more voters, expect a lot of people to move, or leave the country. Look at the way those places are run and you'll see why they shouldn't be the only places to determine the outcome of elections.

Based on county and state vote totals, Trump kicked Hillary's ass and if 40 states essentially have no say, expect some serious pushback. They both had some huge margins of victory but most states were far closer.

There is no way you can say he kicked her ass when he got 3 million less votes.
Second is it fair that the minority gets to essentially pick the president? Then there is gerrymandering. The republicans consistently get 45 percentage of the vote in states but end up winning 60 percent of the seats. Is that right? That is complete insanity and wrong.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

You are basically arguing that if landmass could vote, Trump would have won with an overwhelming margin. Personally I like the idea of just human beings votes counting.

highfigh

highfigh

You are basically arguing that if landmass could vote, Trump would have won with an overwhelming margin. Personally I like the idea of just human beings votes counting.
County votes are counted toward the state's total and he won far more counties than she did. He won more states, too but again, if Chicago, LA, NYC, DC, St Louis and Milwaukee are going to determine the results, I'll have to think seriously about leaving.

highfigh

highfigh

There is no way you can say he kicked her ass when he got 3 million less votes.
Second is it fair that the minority gets to essentially pick the president? Then there is gerrymandering. The republicans consistently get 45 percentage of the vote in states but end up winning 60 percent of the seats. Is that right? That is complete insanity and wrong.

Don't pick and choose what to respond to- look at the election map of counties and states won and where are you getting a difference of 3 million? That was only the preliminary count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis