I gotta say I'm flattered.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Any decent web forum needs a good resident Foghorn Leghorn… someone who can tell others they're dumb, but with some humor, without ruffling their feathers too much.

We all try, but some do it better than others. A few examples of what I mean:
1549999827741.png

1549999857587.png

1549999875015.png

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
The clue might have been he quoted Killdozzer instead of you? Quite curmudgeonly, tho.
?!? Who quoted me?
That's not right. If you disagree with someone, just say "I disagree with that." Look at all my negative ratings from not agreeing with me! Stupidity.
Ryan.
Sure thing! Furthermore we have a "disagree" button.;) Don't get me wrong, I also think some things should be called for what they are and if it's dumb, it's dumb. But I never got that kind of dumb.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@markw you did get me interested, which thread was it? I'd like to see what you did to deserve 19 of them (that's me implying you deserved it:D:D)

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
?!? Who quoted me?

Sure thing! Furthermore we have a "disagree" button.;) Don't get me wrong, I also think some things should be called for what they are and if it's dumb, it's dumb. But I never got that kind of dumb.
I agree every bit with that. Ditto.
Ryan.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
?!? Who quoted me?

LOL Irv quoted your post, then mark answered as if it were quoting one of his....

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
LOL Irv quoted your post, then mark answered as if it were quoting one of his....
Yes, thank you. I figured later by reading your quote. I ignore Irv and sometimes this creates some confusion. All of a sudden I find myself in a middle of some conversation without realizing how.

A combination of "labeling something dumb when he doesn't understand it" together with "refusing to explain why he labeled it dumb" is something I can do without. I actually don't mind a friendly "you're dumb" or "that's dumb" if you at least put some effort into explaining. Otherwise it's useless and just rude.

Thanks anyway.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, thank you. I figured later by reading your quote. I ignore Irv and sometimes this creates some confusion. All of a sudden I find myself in a middle of some conversation without realizing how.

A combination of "labeling something dumb when he doesn't understand it" together with "refusing to explain why he labeled it dumb" is something I can do without. I actually don't mind a friendly "you're dumb" or "that's dumb" if you at least put some effort into explaining. Otherwise it's useless and just rude.

Thanks anyway.
Such a fuss over one post I labeled dumb, which clearly was dumb. And I didn't understand it? That reminds of the courtroom scene from Patriot Games. Sean Miller's defense attorney accuses Ryan of not understanding what was going on before attacking Miller. Never mind that Miller was wearing a ski mask and shooting at a car. Never mind that killdozzer was overtly proposing a law that manufacturers pay customers who repaired their own purchases.

And since I aim to please, killdozzer, here's a friendly one just for you. The post I'm quoting is dumb too.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Any decent web forum needs a good resident Foghorn Leghorn… someone who can tell others they're dumb, but with some humor, without ruffling their feathers too much.

We all try, but some do it better than others. A few examples of what I mean:
View attachment 28202

View attachment 28203

View attachment 28204
What type of character am I? I don't care what the heck others think about me, I just post on here to be friendly, I hate stupidity, etc.
Thanks,
Ryan

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
What type of character am I? I don't care what the heck others think about me, I just post on here to be friendly, I hate stupidity, etc.
Why ask if you don't care what others think ;)?

On the other hand, if you do care, don't worry. As long as you keep your mind open to ideas, that hadn't ocurred to you before, you'll be just fine :).

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
He's just gonna start trouble again.

Can't wait.
Not gonna happen, friend. I just figured I'd stick my head in the door to see what's up and be ready to duck when the bottles were thrown I can see some things never change and I really haven't missed much, and the feeling seems to be mutual.

..this is me withdrawing my head.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I really haven't missed much, and the feeling seems to be mutual.
They're allowing political threads ... it's a great time to be an active AH member.

C'mon, set some of these snowflakes straight. ;)

EDIT: at least stick around long enough to help me out with this computer thing I'm actually trying to figure out for f^%&s sake. Be of some use to me! :) I know you're not a computer guy but you gotta be better at it than me.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
But they gave one post an 'Optimistic' rating. Conflicted?

Who is Linearphase?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis