S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Well obviously the random locations of burning balls of hydrogen trillions of miles away will influence the individual destinies of a primitive primate species on an obscure planet on the outer rings of the milky way galaxy. Who would dispute such a common sense notion? Pay no attention to that stubborn old fool Cicero.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You asking me? What the heck is this thread for?
LOL pretty much asking OutofPhase since he started it. Maybe he figures some audiophiles might take it as seriously as they do some of the voodoo in audio?

Hard to take astrology seriously in any case. Altho one of my roommates in college was into it because of his mom and did the detailed forecasts and all that, found it more amusing than anything serious, nothing worthy of any serious discussion.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
LOL pretty much asking OutofPhase since he started it. Maybe he figures some audiophiles might take it as seriously as they do some of the voodoo in audio?

Hard to take astrology seriously in any case. Altho one of my roommates in college was into it because of his mom and did the detailed forecasts and all that, found it more amusing than anything serious, nothing worthy of any serious discussion.
I'm just curious that's all.

I too had a friend in college who was into astrology and spent over $10,000 in books and he told me that he had just scratched the surface.

I told him he reminded me of audiophiles who spend $100,000 on a system and believe they have only scratched the surface too. ;)

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
For those who have already rated this thread 'dumb', what's the matter? Are you afraid to come out of the closet? A little cognitive dissonance perhaps?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm just curious that's all.

I too had a friend in college who was into astrology and spent over $10,000 in books and he told me that he had just scratched the surface.

I told him he reminded me of audiophiles who spend $100,000 on a system and believe they have only scratched the surface too. ;)
Mine just had charts and books and never noticed him spending any money on it....didn't even know that was possible!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well, I'll give a shout out for astrology because I believe it is the basis for the following lyrics:
The eagle and the serpent are at war in me
The serpent fighting for blind desire
The eagle for clarity
What strange prizes these battles bring
These hectic joys-these weary blues
Puffed up and strutting when I think I win
Down and shaken when I think I lose
This is from Joni Mitchell's Don Juan's Reckless Daughter.
It could go back to an Aztec legend involving eagles and snakes, but since Joni is Scorpio and the Eagle vs Serpent conflict is (in Astrological venues) considered a Scorpio thing...

Here is the song - well worth the listen just to hear Jaco play fret-less bass!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
For those who have already rated this thread 'dumb', what's the matter? Are you afraid to come out of the closet? A little cognitive dissonance perhaps?
I had to look up cognitive dissonance and I don't think that applies to Irv or BSA.

Astrology works for people looking for a reflection and an understanding of themselves that absolves them of being responsible for what they are, while of course being told that they are good. It makes it easier to live with being an @sshole.

I say just be an @sshole and pay for it later. No need to waste your time with charts.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Well if you had to look it up, that says a lot right there.

"Astrology works for people looking for a reflection and an understanding of themselves that absolves them of being responsible for what they are, while of course being told that they are good. It makes it easier to live with being an @sshole."

"I say just be an @sshole and pay for it later. No need to waste your time with charts."

LOL!

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I suspect for most of the regular posters around here, your OP is akin to asking for a discussion on whether or not the Easter Bunny is real.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Certain members might take it that way and others might not. That's what I want to find. :)

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"The damn things do lower noise, increase dynamics, remove haze, and open up the top octaves. Once you listen to their effects, even a skeptic like me has to admit that it is hard to take them back out of the system. Music sounds more like music with the Cable Elevators in place. I recommend them strongly, especially given their price!"

Above is an example of someone who has found the benefits of astrology. The gravitational pull of Mars and Saturn on the.................no wait!

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
I suspect for most of the regular posters around here, your OP is akin to asking for a discussion on whether or not the Easter Bunny is real.
I agree every bit Mr. Steve. It's like asking "is Santa Claus real," or is "The Easter Bunny real?" Of course it isn't. Hey, if ya'll need another moderator, I'd be glad to take the job for free. Nah, just yanking you! But really, if ya'll need some extra help, just let me know.
Thanks,
Ryan

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis