The Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, and Auro-3D Discussion Thread

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
That looks very interesting.
I’m a little behind you, but I’m going through altered carbon right now. What a mind fukk...lol.
Oh I need to finish watching Altered Carbon. I really liked the first few episodes but my GF wasn’t into it really.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oh I need to finish watching Altered Carbon. I really liked the first few episodes but my GF wasn’t into it really.
Sometimes you just gotta man up and go it solo bro! Leave the GF in the other room watching lifetime and sh$!t like that! :eek:

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I’m watching the Netflix show “Travelers” season 3 in Atmos.

There are some intercom voices overhead.

Also some computer-related sounds from overhead.

Birds singing overhead.

Not too shabby. :D
MacKenzie Porter (Marcy) is very easy to watch. The rest of the show is just ok. :)

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
In the mail this morning.

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (1991)
Dolby Stereo 5.1 / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL professional

1.jpg

This is by far a satisfyingly entertaining movie with devilish performance by late (Alan Rickman) as the Sheriff Nottingham.
6.jpg

The colour imaging is about close to the same as the Laserdisc without seeing horrible artifacts in the colour balance. Of course the Laserdisc will be 480i (interlace) the bluray high definition 1080p (progressive).

2.jpg

The Dolby 5.1 remix from the original Dolby Stereo sounds just as equally thrilling to the Laserdisc with amble bass sub bass. Dialogue is intelligible. Sound effects are exciting.

5.jpg

The end credits closes as it did theatrically unlike the VHS release that included the Bryan Adams music video with credits over the image. Here its just black background with #1 hit song that was in the charts for months.

I listened did give the DSU a listen with the end credits.

7.jpg

Remember that QSound logo on the end credits?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That looks very interesting.
I’m a little behind you, but I’m going through altered carbon right now. What a mind fukk...lol.
Another excellent season (#3) of Travelers. Can’t wait for season 4.

Overall, Travelers S03 has some overhead Atmos sound effects, but not as active as Daredevil S03.

But the story of “Travelers” is so good - I think 100% better than “Altered Carbon” and probably 99% better than all contents on Netflix. :D

I hope Netflix keeps the same creative/production/directing team as S01-03 and doesn’t screw up “Travelers”.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Another excellent season (#3) of Travelers. Can’t wait for season 4.

Overall, Travelers S03 has some overhead Atmos sound effects, but not as active as Daredevil S03.

But the story of “Travelers” is so good - I think 100% better than “Altered Carbon” and probably 99% better than all contents on Netflix. :D

I hope Netflix keeps the same creative/production/directing team as S01-03 and doesn’t screw up “Travelers”.
Ok if Travelers is in your opinion better then Altered Carbon I'm all over that sh$!t. Cuz I loved Altered Carbon. Be interesting to see that show then if you rate it so highly

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ok if Travelers is in your opinion better then Altered Carbon I'm all over that sh$!t. Cuz I loved Altered Carbon. Be interesting to see that show then if you rate it so highly
You know everyone is different. :D

My daughter loved “Altered Carbon”. But it never clicked with me.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Not wide front channels just Left, Left-centre, centre, Right-centre five screen with opening to "Close Encounters" opening sounds a bit like THX deep note maybe the opening music should be used for a THX intro it does sound cool. Close Encounters of the THX kind. :D

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Do the Auro3d movies also include Dolby, and DTS on the same disc?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I can't recall seeing any Auro3D movie reviews or impressions by anyone here. :D

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Do the Auro3d movies also include Dolby, and DTS on the same disc?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
No they do not and I think its rip off and another format war all over again to milk consumers. auro3d looks like its dead in the water so don't waste time with it. I brought two bluray aruo3d and not even bothering to format the AVR settings to play that format again, sheer waste of time it was.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
A load of disappointment was expecting high hopes instead total let-down.
I figured it would be some-good-some-bad, just like Atmos and DTSX, except probably worse since there are a lot less Auro3D contents.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I figured it would be some-good-some-bad, just like Atmos and DTSX, except probably worse since there are a lot less Auro3D contents.
That is what it all mainly comes down t is content and its been out for how many years now?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No they do not and I think its rip off and another format war all over again to milk consumers. auro3d looks like its dead in the water so don't waste time with it. I brought two bluray aruo3d and not even bothering to format the AVR settings to play that format again, sheer waste of time it was.
What are those 2 Auro3D blu-rays you have?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis