What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
For $99, I'm willing to try some noise-cancelling headphones. And they are VERY nice. How effective the function, I don't know. They get good reviews for everything except the $420 original price. New version is wireless, Newegg was blowing these out. Extremely comfy, though tighter than my KEF M500 on-ear ones. Better sound with the N-C engaged, really deep bass without any sign of boominess.
Space_One_N-C_phones.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I purchased a pair of the B-TECH77 for $66 CDN to get the Alphas off the dresser and beside the TV in the bedroom.

1543257690816.png

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Picked up a pair of "B-stock" KEF Egg speakers to bring to work for use as "computer speakers." Overkill? Not yet. When I add a small sub...that'll be when it hits the overkill button hard. :D
EggCrate.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bluedio UFO Plus headphones. Got a great deal. :pThey have (((12))) :eek:drivers in total. Been wanting to hear these for awhile. My gift to myself for Xmas.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bluedio UFO Plus headphones. Got a great deal. :pThey have (((12))) :eek:drivers in total. Been wanting to hear these for awhile. My gift to myself for Xmas.
Seems a lot of drivers for headphones! Why so many?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
And I thought my JVC HA-SZ2000s (i.e., '18" Subwoofers for Your Head') were radical with a mere TWO drivers per side!
1543431328408.png

I am really tempted to check the UFOs out, if only for bragging rights!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
And I thought my JVC HA-SZ2000s (i.e., '18" Subwoofers for Your Head') were radical with a mere TWO drivers per side!
View attachment 26946

I am really tempted to check the UFOs out, if only for bragging rights!
Also on my listen to is the Bluedio Victory also with 12 drivers. I'll see. The madness with any speaker never ends. Thank goodness.

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
34.1", Curved Gaming Monitor LED-Lit, WQHD 3440 x 1440p Resolution, 4ms 120Hz Overclocked Refresh Rate, NVIDIA G-Sync, 21:9 Aspect Ratio
Very nice! My Asus matches all those specs except it is only 100HZ overclocked.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Those look awesome! Unfortunately the Momentum over the ear Senn's just don't fit me as the earcups are too small for my Dumbo sizes ears :mad:.
They've recently redesigned Momentum/HD1 and these fit nicely. I have the same problem - large head, bigger ears! I made sure they fit by trying on a (non-Pink Floyd edition) pair at BB before I ordered... They sound awesome, the noise cancelling is pretty good and look better in person:
1543498893598.png

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'd like those too but the main application of noise-cancelling headphones for me is airline travel and those wouldn't pack easily.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Got this in the mail several days ago. Not sure exactly what I am going to do with it but couldn't pass on the price.
It will run at full range till it rolls off the frequency at the higher end. Why not suspended from the ceiling facing upwards a few so inches away from the reflected ceiling surface are we starting to get the idea?

Use anything but that Dolby DSU/dts upmixer it sounds dreadful! Its okay as discrete Atmos, but the upmixers are lousy. Use an external matrix decoder on the surrounds to create a centre and matrix ambiance or effects with the rear surround from the decoder its a lot more fun.

So yeah fit up on the ceiling in free air it will or should have defused sound spread facing upwards at certain frequencies.

I'd fit up 15" JBL if I could find a good stud to screw into for firm suspension. I have small Kef SP1014 used at present for testing as its lighter-weight.
46897789_10156678505480149_1330951438079098880_n.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis