KEF Q Series or ELAC Debut 2.0 ???

E

EvolDevol

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys. Hope all is well.

I have an update.

I just got a great deal on an HSU VTF 15H-Mk2. $800 shipped.

Guy in Florida bought the Dual Drive in late January. Said 2 were too much for his home and his neighbors were complaining. He sold me the 2nd. Basically brand new. Had to grab it.

Getting closer. Atmos speakers are next. Probably another 2 weeks. Then the rears, probably another 2 weeks after that.

Then maybe an external amp, after I've played enough with what I have.

Thanks again for all the direction.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HDA using Tapatalk

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hey guys. Hope all is well.

I have an update.

I just got a great deal on an HSU VTF 15H-Mk2. $800 shipped.

Guy in Florida bought the Dual Drive in late January. Said 2 were too much for his home and his neighbors were complaining. He sold me the 2nd. Basically brand new. Had to grab it.

Getting closer. Atmos speakers are next. Probably another 2 weeks. Then the rears, probably another 2 weeks after that.

Then maybe an external amp, after I've played enough with what I have.

Thanks again for all the direction.

I have bad news for that guy in Florida: his neighbors will still be complaining with just one VTF15h mk2 in his house! I was testing a VTF15h mk2 and managed to get complaints from a residence that was 250 feet away from the test site. Anyway, nice find, it is an absolute bargain at that price.

E

EvolDevol

Audioholic Intern
I have bad news for that guy in Florida: his neighbors will still be complaining with just one VTF15h mk2 in his house! I was testing a VTF15h mk2 and managed to get complaints from a residence that was 250 feet away from the test site. Anyway, nice find, it is an absolute bargain at that price.
Thank you @shadyJ.

You were instrumental in my search for a sub.

He said one is too much as well. He told me he finds it hilarious that I'm putting that beast in a loft. Ha. Exact wording.

I didn't have that much $$$ in my budget for a sub, but after all the research and direction from you, I realized I wasn't going to be able to get what I wanted with what I had allowed.

I found the guy on Ebay the same day he listed it. It was for local Pick up only, but I talked him into shipping it for me. Solid. Perfect timing. Some things just happen for a reason, right?

I can't wait to hear it. First thing I'm playing through it is Slayer Decade of Aggression. 2 live double bass drummers. I'm pumped.

Thanks again for helping me build my Home Hi Fi.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Remind me, which speakers are you pairing with that sub? Will the Atmos speakers be installed in ceiling or are you looking at Atmos-enabled reflecting type?

E

EvolDevol

Audioholic Intern
Remind me, which speakers are you pairing with that sub? Will the Atmos speakers be installed in ceiling or are you looking at Atmos-enabled reflecting type?
KEF Q750'S, Q650C. Denon AVRX3400H.

I was going to get the Q50A Atmos speakers for the towers. My ceilings are high and flat, and not mine ...

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
KEF Q750'S, Q650C. Denon AVRX3400H.

I was going to get the Q50A Atmos speakers for the towers. My ceilings are high and flat, and not mine ...

Ah, I thought that might be the case but wasn't sure because I thought you were sending out the crossovers for some Klipsch RF speakers you own to get upgraded.

What are your impressions of the new KEF Q series so far?

E

EvolDevol

Audioholic Intern
Ah, I thought that might be the case but wasn't sure because I thought you were sending out the crossovers for some Klipsch RF speakers you own to get upgraded.

What are your impressions of the new KEF Q series so far?
Well I'd say they're a better buy than the R's. I just heard R's over the weekend on an Onkyo receiver, I really couldn't tell any difference, maybe just a tad bigger bass, but nothing really on mid and high. Obviously not the same room or receiver, and their speakers were front facing, mine are toed in a tad, but I really feel the $1700 in the Q refurbs are hands down better bang for the buck. With this monster of a sub taking all the lows away from the Q's, I'd imagine they'd even sound better. We will see.

I think all the research I've done by joining these forums and getting input from people like yoursef, reading all the articles, and listening to whatever I could, have really helped me find the best Hi Fi system all around for what I've spent. I really don't see any other combo at the price I paid for everything holding a candle to what I now possess. It is fucking phenomenal. The best I've ever been around anyways.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I agree, on sound quality the difference between the new Q series and existing R series isn't worth the price jump. Looks do matter to me as they're prominent in my living room, so the flat black or white wouldn't work well.

The new Q series really is a phenomenal value, especially if you can get them as factory reconditioned for big discount. Well done!

E

EvolDevol

Audioholic Intern
I agree, on sound quality the difference between the new Q series and existing R series isn't worth the price jump. Looks do matter to me as they're prominent in my living room, so the flat black or white wouldn't work well.

The new Q series really is a phenomenal value, especially if you can get them as factory reconditioned for big discount. Well done!
See I love the flat black, that was one of the deciding factors for me.

E

EvolDevol

Audioholic Intern
Holy poop is this a fn monster! Unbelievable! I have not heard a better sub in any application in my existence!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis