My cheaper Marantz vs my higher end stuff...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think in my small audio room the Marantz Reference driving bookshelves and a sub would be perfect. Leave the big RBH to my HT den system. My den is 20x18. My audio room is small. I need to be smart about my decisions this time around.
Yes. Let this be the LAST 2 systems you will ever need to buy. ;)

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hey at one point the knock was on all in one boxes, receivers or an integrated amp (which is just a receiver without a tuner :) vs separates. I went from separates to an avr and don't think I'm missing a thing except lack of features on the separates (older 2ch gear), SQ isn't an issue. Gotta think that SQ issue is largely in the minds of consumers from similar sources as say cables make huge differences....

Did you put your avr in the comparison yet?

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Hey at one point the knock was on all in one boxes, receivers or an integrated amp (which is just a receiver without a tuner :) vs separates. I went from separates to an avr and don't think I'm missing a thing except lack of features on the separates (older 2ch gear), SQ isn't an issue. Gotta think that SQ issue is largely in the minds of consumers from similar sources as say cables make huge differences....

Did you do put your avr in the comparison yet?
I haven’t yet. It will be a pain to move as it’s in a wall unit that makes cable changes a half day job. I’m gonna get to it this week since I’m off work for a few days.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Since this thread has repeatedly touched on what electronics route is best for music pleasure, here's my two cents. There might be some pretty good reasons to buy separates rather than a receiver, whether multi-channel or stereo. And, there may be absolutely no good reason to buy separates. Thing is you don't need a reason. I have a reason for a multi-channel pre/pro and thus that has dictated the structure for other components necessary to enjoy my music and movies. I believe my mid-fi delivers all I can digest, for recording, listening, and watching. As can be seen in this thread, if there is any reason at all to buy one electronic over another it is bass management. The easiest route to bass management would either be an AVR or Pre/pro, not a stereo receiver, or integrated stereo.

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
not a stereo receiver, or integrated stereo.
I would go further to say, not an integrated stereo regardless. I bought my what I thought would be my last one many years ago, gave it away when I decided to go the separate route. I did buy one not long ago for my desktop system, but only because I could get that NAD for a ridiculous price brand new from authorized dealer. Otherwise for me it is either an AVR or separates. In my opinion, integrated is for someone who must have everything in one box and think they sound better (<half true) than AVRs for the same price.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
In my opinion, integrated is for someone who must have everything in one box and think they sound better (<half true) than AVRs for the same price.
how about someone who desires simplicity, compactness along with superior quality, albeit it at a price more towards the upper end of the AVR spectrum ?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
how about someone who desires simplicity, compactness along with superior quality, albeit it at a price more towards the upper end of the AVR spectrum ?
Definitely, thank you for clarifying my point for me. I couldn't have worded it better.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis