I'm battling Testicular Cancer

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I'm done with chemo. I find out if I have surgery on Tuesday.
Hopefully you'll get over the effects of chemo soon. I got lucky with regard to chemo and never got sick from it, although I was limited to a 100% fruit diet for about 4 months because nothing else would go down. Living on fresh strawberries and watermelon is rough ;). It was the radiation that made my life miserable but that's because they had to give me a lifetime maximum dose over a 6 week period.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Hopefully you'll get over the effects of chemo soon. I got lucky with regard to chemo and never got sick from it, although I was limited to a 100% fruit diet for about 4 months because nothing else would go down. Living on fresh strawberries and watermelon is rough ;). It was the radiation that made my life miserable but that's because they had to give me a lifetime maximum dose over a 6 week period.
I thankfully could do more than fruit, but it was amazing how much more easily fruits and salads went down than meat. I actually am on this lemonade kick still.

Thankfully I do have my hearing still. I did get some ringing in the ears. I only threw up after the first round of Chemo thanks to the anti-nasuea drugs. It's really weird being a wimp again though. I lost around 25lbs of muscle mass. Thankfully I was near my natural limit so I still can function, but it's quite a thing going from 200 to 170.

I am planning to get the garage in order finally.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Could you still eat Doritos???

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Holy crap man, I just saw this since I haven't been around awhile. Sorry to hear about this and hope all is well!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I had RPLND and they cut out part of my pancreas, my spleen and adrenaline gland on March 13th. I'm still in the hospital with Orthostatic Hypotension. It's been a brutal couple weeks for sure. I'm hoping the Orthostatic thing isn't long term.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I had RPLND and they cut out part of my pancreas, my spleen and adrenaline gland on March 13th. I'm still in the hospital with Orthostatic Hypotension. It's been a brutal couple weeks for sure. I'm hoping the Orthostatic thing isn't long term.
I'm sorry to hear that. It can happen that lymph nodes remain enlarged or tumor grow back after chemotherapy on the side the testicle was removed. It is very challenging to do this surgery after chemotherapy as the lymph nodes tend to adhere to vital organs.

It was really bad luck to have to have the tail of the Pancreas removed.

I assume that you still have your right adrenal gland, so you should be fine.
I expect a lot of your problem is recovery from a very complex serious operation.
Try and keep your nutrition up, which might be a challenge at this stage.

I'm really sorry to hear of this state of affairs. Hang in there and be patient. This recovery will take a while, but you will get better.

I had two massive operations 10 months apart at Mayo just over 11 years ago, and it took me a long time to recover. You will too.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wishing you well Isi. Have kept you in my prayers and will continue to do so. Get well soon.

Cheers,

Phil

jinjuku

jinjuku

Let us know if there is anything meaningful that we can do for you out side of chatting on the forum here with you.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hope you get out soon. Sorry to hear about the surgery. Keep us posted.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Give it hell, damn it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
My offer is still open if you need help with anything. You have my cell number, don't be afraid to ask for something if you need it.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, just checking in to let you know we are thinking of you and sending positive vibes!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Isi, it won't be too long and some good college basketball will be starting up. I know that you used to be a big fan. The SEC is going to be stronger than ever. See good things coming the University of KY Wildcats way. Last year, Texas Tech looked really good. Have a feeling that they are going to be even better this year. Anyways, I still have you and yours in my prayers. Hoping you get to enjoy some college BB as well.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis