Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre
Candlebox is a great band that got overlooked. Iirc, Dave krusen who recorded drums on Pearl Jam’s “10”(and some odds n ends later for them)is the guy who tracked drums for candlebox. I love his vibe, and you can pick up subtleties that are reflected in both. Anyway...
They were auditioning drummers out here and I couldn't talk my buddy into trying out. I think they would have loved him. Very, very good drummer. How cool would that have been?

But yeah, their first album was the best, imo. I like the groove Dave puts down. Simple, but very tasty.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I love a good play on words and this song's got one. Today, I took delivery of a brand new Monolith 10" THX Ultra certified subwoofer. My very own Big 10 Inch. In honor, I humbly offer this audio jewel from Aerosmith.

This is back when Stephen Tyler shopped in the men's department.
AEROSMITH BIG 10 INCH Released in 1975 Performance from 2001

The Monolith is so heavy I am somewhat ashamed I had to call my son-in-law to help me get it out of the box/crate. Its slick, it comes with its own pair of white gloves.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Really love the oboe along w/the french horn and strings accompaniment, but I find myself just screaming for much much more french horn!:):)

Phil
I've never heard of anyone wanting more french horn. Hollerin' for some more cowbell, now that I've heard of. Needing more cowbell is a common occurance. I learn something every day. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I've never heard of anyone wanting more french horn. Hollerin' for some more cowbell, now that I've heard of. Needing more cowbell is a common occurance. I learn something every day. :)
Yeah, I love music that includes a lot of french horn. The more the merrier as far as I am concerned. In "Kiss From A Rose", I love the oboe and strings score. But if I were arranging the music, then I would have done much more w/the french horns. Especially, with the crescendos throughout. I also love how Micheal Kamen handled the french horns in the Robin Hood Soundtrack. He is an absolute genius musically speaking.

Cheers,

Phil

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I listened to all three selections today and I enjoyed each one. Beautiful arrangements.
Love them french horns.
Thanks! I like it too. The more the french horn sound the merrier I always say! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
After liking the song from Nostalgia from the John Wick soundtrack, I decided to buy Nostalghia's album called Chrysalis. Its different to say for sure but its lacking the angry sound like I NIN as an example.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Man I grew up on the reruns of the Partridge Family along with the Brady Bunch. 67 is too young to go. Alas I know it was heartbreakin for him being a teen idol, which he never got over. The man had a great voice in my opinion. Sure it was bugglegum music, but his voice always stood out. Rest.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis