Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here is a classic D'n'B track: Noisia and Mayhem - Moonway Renegade. It's a breakbeat tune about a kung-fu fight, and it is pretty epic. The syncopated percussion rhythms and punchy bass line seem to mimic a well-choreographed kung-fu fight. This track is great fun for the sub, so run the LFE hot! This is soul music for an action junkie.

New subwoofah candeh! Still in time for breakfast. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a crazy sounding little ditty with a odd, wobbly bassline: Boxcutter - Grub. Probably not the greatest tune ever made, but I like it, it has this odd scattered quality, and it really matches my mood at the moment. Eccentric dubstep.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
If I were you I would look at Vessel or Self Confidence Vol.3 for starters. Lorn has a range of different styles but I think the material on those albums will be more reflective of the stuff that you have enjoyed so far.
Managed to find Ask The Dust. @shadyJ this is awsome.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
forever.png
forever.png
this song isn't sub candy all the way through, but there is the first of 2 breakdowns starting around 2:30 that has 3 sustained descending modulating bass undertones. The widths are, first from 32-48hz, the second is from 26-43, the last is from 23-37. I always liked this song, but these undertones are pretty awesome, and always get my attention. turn it up!!!
If someone can do this with different resolution or something, I think there's more to see in there...maybe.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is another classic D'n'B tune with a bass line that is like a wall of sound: The Panacea - Motion Sickness (SPL Remix). Surely not to everyone's taste, but it will give your subs a lot more to feast on than the gentle strumming of a bass violin. Crank it loud and run the subs hot. If you don't feel it in your chest and the neighbors aren't complaining, then you aren't doing it right.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's a great one to run your subs a little hot on.

one x1.png
one x.png

The first one is the beginning of the song. It's a deep drum and it reminds me of the beginning of an acoustic version of "Hotel California" I heard again recently ('94 "Hell Freezes Over" tour).

It doesn't look like a lot of energy, but it is definitely capable pressurizing your eardrums. Makes my ears feel like they want to pop! The second one is later in the song. You can see there's energy in the lower frequencies for most of it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Here's a great one to run your subs a little hot on.

View attachment 22787 View attachment 22788
The first one is the beginning of the song. It's a deep drum and it reminds me of the beginning of an acoustic version of "Hotel California" I heard again recently ('94 "Hell Freezes Over" tour).

It doesn't look like a lot of energy, but it is definitely capable pressurizing your eardrums. Makes my ears feel like they want to pop! The second one is later in the song. You can see there's energy in the lower frequencies for most of it.
Seen them live. Super tight. I think all their albums have good sound overall and surprisingly sound different from each other.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well speaking of Eagles and Hotel California...

hotel california.png

This is a live acoustic verssion. You can see in the beginning where a deep drum comes in and there are harmonics(?) down into the mid 20's! Eagles. Subwoofer candy... who'da thunk?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
View attachment 22740
View attachment 22740
this song isn't sub candy all the way through, but there is the first of 2 breakdowns starting around 2:30 that has 3 sustained descending modulating bass undertones. The widths are, first from 32-48hz, the second is from 26-43, the last is from 23-37. I always liked this song, but these undertones are pretty awesome, and always get my attention. turn it up!!!
If someone can do this with different resolution or something, I think there's more to see in there...maybe.
This is what I got from it.

papa.png

Not super bright yellow, but it's there and I could feel it!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is what I got from it.

View attachment 22790
Not super bright yellow, but it's there and I could feel it!
It’s a small but cool nugget I think. First time I heard it in my car, I thought my speakers were junk! Same with some of the TDG stuff. Especially it’s all over.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is something to get you in the mood for Halloween: Gatekeeper -Optimus Maximus. It doesn't really dig deep, but the intro has the greatest bass line. Very 80's retro-synthwave tune, like a score to a lost John Carpenter film. I love the video too. Altogether, it is very evocative, a minor masterpiece.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I *might* have found a new band.

In This Moment: Sick Like Me

sick like me 2.png
sick like me.png

This is what you get when @shadyJ's music and my music make a baby together. Not super deep, but a lot of energy and its pretty heavy. Just the way I like it. I'm gonna dig a little more into this band, methinks.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is that Lady Gaga?
Ha! No! lol. I can see it tho...

I did look up some more songs by this band. There was even one live acoustic performance... I really want to like them, but she can't sing. These guys are as much about the performance as the music. They're unique and put on an interesting show, but she needs singing lessons, imo.

Mitchibo

Mitchibo

Audioholic
Ha! No! lol. I can see it tho...

I did look up some more songs by this band. There was even one live acoustic performance... I really want to like them, but she can't sing. These guys are as much about the performance as the music. They're unique and put on an interesting show, but she needs singing lessons, imo.

I agree. They should have stopped at the first tune. That one was nice but then it got repetitive. This is a band looking for its sound. If you can’t strip your songs down to just acoustics then you need to go back to the wood shed. Maybe if her boobs were bigger.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This one came out of nowhere.

From Ashes To New: Downfall

Downfall.png

Downfall 2.png

This one comes out of the gate swinging. It has that metal edge I love with legit, deep bass. This is the only song I've heard from these guys so far, but I can see them in my wheelhouse.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
This one comes out of the gate swinging. It has that metal edge I love with legit, deep bass. This is the only song I've heard from these guys so far, but I can see them in my wheelhouse.
You ever listen to Nothing More or Five Finger Death Punch?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis