Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Been listening to a friend of mine's band on Facebook lately and thought I would post this.This was done in Sydney Australia.
That's your buddy's band? That style of music isn't really my cup of tea, but I'm very familiar with that song. They sound really good.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Speakerman, you're killing the pages with all those videos at once. They take forever to load.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Every single one of those selections is a keeper for sure. I've played them all a gob of times.
Enjoyed listening to them again. thx.
Those are all from the golden age of MTV, so I guessing speakerman is in his mid to late 40s.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was 25 when MTV came on line in 1981 (and they declined not too many years later, so assume this was the golden age), so Phil could be a bit older, too :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Speakerman, you're killing the pages with all those videos at once. They take forever to load.
No problems on my end loading, but I will gladly take it down a notch or two. No worries!

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Those are all from the golden age of MTV, so I guessing speakerman is in his mid to late 40s.
Very good guess. However, I am in my extreme late 40's.......you know hitting the BIG 50 in a few months. Would much rather keep it all in the 40's.......LOL!!!! Unfortunately, it does NOT work that way.

Phil

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Funny, I remember the songs but not the videos. I was here when dirt was new so I have seen everything from Little Orphan Annie on the radio to whatever is happening now. But even back when MTV was new, I didnt watch the videos. I think George Carlin (or maybe Lewis Black) once said "if you watch a music video on the MTV and your mental picture of what the song is about matchs whats onscreen: you should go kill yourself".

Politically incorrect, of course. Maybe not good life advice. But it tells you how some of us feel about MTV ;)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I was 25 when MTV came on line in 1981 (and they declined not too many years later, so assume this was the golden age), so Phil could be a bit older, too :)
Chris, I was 14 then. Seems like only yesterday though. It feels like the older I get the faster time goes by. When I was much younger wishing I was older, time stood still. Oh the irony!

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Chris, I was 14 then. Seems like only yesterday though. It feels like the older I get the faster time goes by. When I was much younger wishing I was older, time stood still. Oh the irony!

Phil
Oh that time flying thing is so true, and does get faster the older you get IME. :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I was 19 when it came out. I thought it was going to be the coolest thing because it was rock and roll bands initially. I missed almost all of the MTV era though. We were real outdoorsy back then always camping and fishing and such.

Probably half of why I don't TV at all now and when people ask me about movies and I have never heard of them, they look at me funny.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Funny, I remember the songs but not the videos. I was here when dirt was new so I have seen everything from Little Orphan Annie on the radio to whatever is happening now. But even back when MTV was new, I didnt watch the videos. I think George Carlin (or maybe Lewis Black) once said "if you watch a music video on the MTV and your mental picture of what the song is about matchs whats onscreen: you should go kill yourself".

Politically incorrect, of course. Maybe not good life advice. But it tells you how some of us feel about MTV ;)
George Carlin was real funny, or funny in a real way. Even when he got older and onto ranting, the guy was brilliant.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My best friend and I had just rented a house together and we had to have cable of course which was kinda new; MTV was pretty good for a while, albeit repetitive but we really didn't watch it that much, we had better music at our fingertips.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
George Carlin was real funny, or funny in a real way. Even when he got older and onto ranting, the guy was brilliant.
I prefer the older ranting Carlin to the stuff he did when he was younger. Honestly, as he got older, he got better. For me, he hit his stride in the 90s and 2000s.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis