H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Very cool. Never heard them but they look awesome! And you sound like Ralphie with a new Red Ryder. Congrats!!!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Alex, if I ate all of that candy I would be in the ER. Only real problems I have with sweets per se, are with white cake and/or ice cream. Both are certainly my weaknesses. Candy bars and chips NOT so much.

Cheers,

Phil
I stand corrected then. I can't keep sweets in the house and I should not be allowed to shop alone while hungry. Congrats on the speakers. When's the center coming? :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, have big plans for room treatments. Right now just enjoying what I have. These are used. But, new to me. Have always wanted a set of the Linbrook Signature Monitors. My dream has come true! Thanks for the compliments. BIG thanks to Ty Lashbrook!

Cheers,

Phil
Congrats!
Never heard about these before. Nor Tyler audio as a brand for that matter.
http://www.stereotimes.com/speak102504.shtml
They were $3.2k/pr originally. If it's not a secret, how much did you get em for ?
(btw: from your photos - they look absolutely mint :D - or it could be just crappy photos ;):p )

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Very cool. Never heard them but they look awesome! And you sound like Ralphie with a new Red Ryder. Congrats!!!
Yeah, I am a bit excited aren't I......LOL!!!! Just very happy! Thanks for your kind words!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Very nice speakers Phil, enjoy them!
Alex PM'd me. Wanted me to ask if you'd make a new thread, discussing the candy...
with pics of course.:D
Thanks guys. Both you and Alex have me laughing.....LOL!!! Appreciate your kind words!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats!
Never heard about these before. Nor Tyler audio as a brand for that matter.
http://www.stereotimes.com/speak102504.shtml
They were $3.2k/pr originally. If it's not a secret, how much did you get em for ?
(btw: from your photos - they look absolutely mint :D - or it could be just crappy photos ;):p )
Actually I thought Ty told me that a brand new set of the Linbrooks would cost me about 5k. But, he told me yesterday it would be more like $3500. Either way, I did get a very good deal. Otherwise, I would NOT be able to opt for the Linbrooks. They are merely in mint condition. Just a few slight blemishes here and there. Nothing bad at all. YOU have to look very hard to find any. The sound is superb! Appreciate your kind words!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Screw $400 stands - you need these for stands! (Just get a second job!)

http://m1.i.pbase.com/u36/guan_peng/large/23426781.179_7979_r1.jpg
Char, these are the original Linbrook System. If i did NOT have my dual PSA S1500's, then i would have opted for something like that. If I remember correctly, the Linbrook System goes for about $7,500 a set! Very happy with my S1500's. No need for the bass modules. But, they do work as good stands.....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So any progress while listening to more tunes besides AC/DC? ;)
The Linbrooks were sent back. Have had a major set-back. Really need to sell the rest of my gear and pay off some debts. That is why I have the feeler ad out there. In the meantime, I did get to listen to the Linbrooks a bit more. The Denon did a decent job, but honestly the Linbrooks need more amplification.

Needing to buy a 2-channel amp and then better stands put me in a position that I could NOT afford. As such, have gone in a different direction yet again. Will know soon if it works out in my favor. Right now, I am NOT so sure. It is one of those situations if you know what I mean. Just thankful for what I do have.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry to hear man. Tough times. I know exactly how you feel. I really do. Like you said Thankful for what we got. You will rise again...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry to hear man. Tough times. I know exactly how you feel. I really do. Like you said Thankful for what we got. You will rise again...
Thanks for your kind words. Not totally out just yet. There may be a way to deal with my issues. Certainly, not giving up!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil You better, not! We are here for ya!
No worries. Thanks once again for your kind words. Will make it one way or another. Just trying to protect my credit. It is very important to keep a good credit rating. But, all is not lost. Have come out pretty good. Just going to take some time to get back on top! ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis