speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yep. Why not get a pair of those Andrew Jones bookshelf or Dennis Murphy Bookshelf affordable ones? Backup, backup, backup...Ya see you should have bought those Pioneer headphones for 10 bucks. :p
Yeah, the headphones would have come in handy right about now. But, I think at the moment I am going to replace my computer speakers. Maybe get some headphones once they are on sale again. Certainly something to think about, no?

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I always buy new speakers before I sell the old ones - even if I can't afford it. That's the whole purpose of what credit cards and debt is for!!! o_O
The problem I have here is space. Really don't have the room for another set of speakers to just have handy only when needed. But, I do plan to change out my computer speakers. It just turns out I sold my Ultras about the same time I purchased my new speakers. Ordered my new speakers the other day, then sold the Ultras the very next. Perhaps some decent computer speakers and/or headphones would be a good plan.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I expect 305 to be nice, but something tells me that they aren't as good as LSR2325p :p;)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I expect 305 to be nice, but something tells me that they aren't as good as LSR2325p :p;)
Not familiar with the LSR 235p's. But, will look into it. Seriously thinking about ordering the 305's.

Cheers,

Phil

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Not familiar with the LSR 235p's. But, will look into it. Seriously thinking about ordering the 305's.

Cheers,

Phil
my lsp2325p are predecessor for lsr305. I doubt you could find them anymore other than 2nd hand
As for performance comparison - it's a pure speculation, partially based on original msrp pricing of both (tip : 2325p were priced $500/pr vs 305 only $400/pr - these msrp, not street)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Keep in mind my room won't be empty for long. Should be no more than 2-weeks. Very excited as I thought that I would never be able to own the speakers that I just bought. Just a bit concerned since they are 4-ohm speakers. More on that later! ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
my lsp2325p are predecessor for lsr305. I doubt you could find them anymore other than 2nd hand
As for performance comparison - it's a pure speculation, partially based on original msrp pricing of both (tip : 2325p were priced $500/pr vs 305 only $400/pr - these msrp, not street)
Been reading up on the 305's and they really do look promising. Chances are, I will be ordering them real soon. Maybe even today.....LOL!!!! Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I think the real cost savings was in eliminating the RCA connections, maybe a few other tweaks.

But, the new series likely was designed with newer software, so it may have a slight advantage there.

All in all, probably sound very close to each other.

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
Where are the new speakers Phil? Curious to see what they are :)

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Where are the new speakers Phil? Curious to see what they are :)

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk
Got an email yesterday morning that they are NOT ready just yet. So, my guess it will be sometime after the upcoming holiday. Was hoping I would have them on Thursday. But, it is what it is. Have to admit that I am getting a bit anxious myself. However, it will be so worth the wait. Trust me on that one. ;);););)

BTW, I just recently bought some 24" HiVi speaker stands, but my new speakers are very heavy. So, I asked Jon Lane if the HiVi stands would be able to withstand said weight. He told me that the top plate is rather thin and that the weight of my new speakers is going to be a real problem. The matching stands for my new speakers are $400 a set! However, I am looking at some other alternatives first. Seriously looking at these:

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ssmb24-24-speaker-stand-pair-square-steel-base--240-750

The Dayton stands can support up to 75 lbs. which will work fine. Just wished the top plate was a bit bigger. Will also fill them up with sand. Should make them a bit more sturdy.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have to admit I am getting so very anxious for my new speakers. Will make a contact after the holiday to get an idea of how much longer it is going to be before getting them. These headphones are working well for the most part. But, I can NOT wait until I am up and rocking again! :D:D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just got an email and I should have my new speakers this week. Maybe even tomorrow. Working that out now as we speak. Am so very excited. Feel like a kid in a candy store......LOL!!!! Things are looking up! More to come! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well folks, I go pick up my new speakers tomorrow afternoon. It has been a long journey for me. Actually, about 12-years in the making to be exact. Never thought in a million years I would own something like what I am getting. Hard to contain my excitement. Things are looking up! More to come!

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Try to hold on to your new speakers for at least 8 months. Hope you enjoy them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis