speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe fuzz can make some for ya? No harm in asking him. :)
True, but Alex has many projects going on. Not sure he would even have the time. Ty's stands can be filled with sand. They already weigh a ton. Will need a forklift to get them home. May just have him ship them to me so I don't have to carry them upstairs....LOL!!!! I am certainly not getting any younger......LOL!!!

The Denon has surprised me at how well it is doing. But, I can already tell the Linbrooks need a bit more horse-power. Looks like I will need a 2-channel or 3-channel amplifier. Like what I am hearing so far. My Denon was beginning to get kinda hot. But, then again I was also rocking out a little bit too.....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Holy crap look at this:

This gator is HUGE! Just like my Linbrooks......LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Glad your Linbrooks are working out for you!

Enjoy!!!

Are you slouching on your couch to make sure the tweeters are at ear level? I think the speaker height is especially important with MTM designs.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats Phil!

Glad your ecstatic over them. :cool::cool:
Thanks Char I sure am. However, it is going to be an expensive undergoing for sure. The stands I need are $400 a set! Then, now I really need a 2-channel amp. Might even consider getting a 3-channel instead. Got a long ways to go! But, at least I am on the right track!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Glad your Linbrooks are working out for you!

Enjoy!!!

Are you slouching on your couch to make sure the tweeters are at ear level? I think the speaker height is especially important with MTM designs.
Kurt, right now I has to put my Linbrooks on top of my S1500's. My HiVi stands are NOT going to work just as Jon Lane said. For one, the top plate is much too thin and much too small. The Linbrooks are as deep as my S1500's! To be honest, they are almost as heavy too.

The Denon is going a decent job with them. But, I can easily tell that they are asking for more power. Looks like an amp is going to be needed. However, I kind of had that feeling anyways. Just was not expecting the stands to cost me $400! But, it is what it is. Just wished you could hear ACDC's Back In Black on my set-up! It sounds amazing!

Cheers,

Phil

BTW, do you think 24" stands will suffice? Or, something a bit smaller? Forgot to ask Ty how tall his stands were. I am thinking 24" would be about right as I am a short guy.....LOL!!!!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ty told me today he could build me a matching center-channel for only $1500! That is using dual 7" Seas Magnesium Drivers along with a Seas Millennium Tweeter. Bit too rich for my blood.....LOL!!! Not sure if I will even need one anyways!

Cheers,

Phil
Just place the order now. You know you want too.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Nice Phil!

BTW ... the monkey is trying to lose weight so more pics of candy bars please!:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just place the order now. You know you want too.
Sure thing Alex. But, can I borrow about 2K first.....????? That way, I can order the center and my much needed stands. Oh wait, got to get an amp too........so make it more like 3k.......LOL?????

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Nice Phil!

BTW ... the monkey is trying to lose weight so more pics of candy bars please!:D
Can fix him right up.....LOL!!!!

upload_2016-5-31_20-22-10.png

Sure is looking kind of bare isn't it? Have to rectify that asap......LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Sure thing Alex. But, can I borrow about 2K first.....????? That way, I can order the center and my much needed stands. Oh wait, got to get an amp too........so make it more like 3k.......LOL?????

Cheers,

Phil
Check's in the mail ... :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
ha....buying a speaker like the Linbrook and worrying about the cost of stands or sufficient amplification (Im sure the Denon will suffice though) is like buying a Lamborghini or Ferrari and worrying about the cost of gas & insurance premium...:D.

Again my friend.....

Congrats...on the new speakers....:cool:

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I do a decent job of controlling my weight, but there is no way I could if I had candy bars sitting on my coffee table like that!
If that were my room, a cupboard to put the candy in would be a priority. That way when a customer comes you open the doors and it is all laid out in front of them, but after they leave, it is out of sight!
Or even better would be one of the coffee tables with the hinged top. Just lift the top on your way to the door.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
BTW, do you think 24" stands will suffice? Or, something a bit smaller? Forgot to ask Ty how tall his stands were. I am thinking 24" would be about right as I am a short guy.....LOL!!!!
#1 Measure how high your earholes are off of the floor.
#2 Measure from bottom of speaker to center of tweeter.
#3 Subtract result of #2 from result of #1 to get ideal height of stands. Being off by a couple of inches isn't too big a deal over ~8-10' away from speaker.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I do a decent job of controlling my weight, but there is no way I could if I had candy bars sitting on my coffee table like that!
If that were my room, a cupboard to put the candy in would be a priority. That way when a customer comes you open the doors and it is all laid out in front of them, but after they leave, it is out of sight!
That's what you would do if you were selling the candy but the reality is that he's eating the candy and doesn't want to get up every 15 minutes for more candy.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
ha....buying a speaker like the Linbrook and worrying about the cost of stands or sufficient amplification (Im sure the Denon will suffice though) is like buying a Lamborghini or Ferrari and worrying about the cost of gas & insurance premium...:D.

Again my friend.....

Congrats...on the new speakers....:cool:
YOU have a point Billy. But, I did NOT anticipate that I would need Ty's stands. Figured that I could get by with something like the Dayton stands. However, it looks like that is NOT going to be the case here. As far as amplification goes, I am not surprised that down the road I will need to opt for one. Was kind of expecting that.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Or even better would be one of the coffee tables with the hinged top. Just lift the top on your way to the door.
Guess it helps being diabetic in that regard. As such, I just don't really crave them that much. Every once in a while, I will grab a Snickers. Most of what i keep in stock are not to my liking anyways. Of course, that helps too.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
#1 Measure how high your earholes are off of the floor.
#2 Measure from bottom of speaker to center of tweeter.
#3 Subtract result of #2 from result of #1 to get ideal height of stands. Being off by a couple of inches isn't too big a deal over ~8-10' away from speaker.
Thanks Kurt I will do just that next chance that I get. Keep in mind I am a very short guy.....LOL!!! Have a neighbor that is a little over 6'. So, may measure his ears from the floor, as well as, mine. Then, average them out. Perhaps, that would give me a good reference point, no?

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That's what you would do if you were selling the candy but the reality is that he's eating the candy and doesn't want to get up every 15 minutes for more candy.
Alex, if I ate all of that candy I would be in the ER. Only real problems I have with sweets per se, are with white cake and/or ice cream. Both are certainly my weaknesses. Candy bars and chips NOT so much.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis