Kef vs Klipche vs Paradigm

S

Seraphim6801

Enthusiast
Hey everyone... My first post here so take it easy on me please...lol. Well, not too easy since I'm interested in learning a thing or three. Anyways, I'm coming into a substantial sum of money soon and I've been foaming at the mouth to break into the world of hi fidelity and enjoy music as I've never heard before. After scouring the forums and watching every YouTube video I could find on the various brands, I've narrowed it down to these three brands. Having little knowledge of the products, I'm hoping someone out here has experience with these and can tell me about them and their attributes in more detail than the website reviews.... I do a great deal of gaming and movie watching in addition to listening to loud music. I'm looking for the best system I can buy. Here we go.

Kef R Series (so far my favorite)
Paradigm (these are beautiful and highly recommended)
Klipche Pallidum (not much info to go on but they've captivated my attention)

Any advice or criticism is appreciated.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
What is your budget? What kind of system you want, Stereo or 5.1? Room size? Is this budget for just the speakers or with amp/avr? Where are you from? How loud you want it to play? When you answer to these questions it is easier to suggest systems.

S

Seraphim6801

Enthusiast
My ultimate goal is a 7.2.4 Atmos system. I've got my heart set on dual SVS PB-13 Ultra subs for the subs and I'm looking at the flagship Emotiva or the new Yamaha Aventage to run the system. I don't have any room dimensions as of yet since I haven't bought a house just yet(that'll be about the time my money and paperwork clears). I'm located down in Shreveport, LA. I'll be relocating to some land out in the country so neighbors won't be an issue. That being said, I want a system that will "blow women's clothing off". Budget is up to $20k. That'll would wipe out my budget completely but I look at this major purchase as an investment for many years to come so I'm OK with that. Thx for the reply!!

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

As you have such a good budget I would start auditioning speakers as that is the only way to find right speaker for YOU. Every one prefers different things and only you can tell what you really like. And with such a good budget there is a LOT of options. Just go audition as many speakers you can in budget you can build your dream system with and listen to songs you like and are familiar with. When you find the speaker that sounds best to your ears you can start to build system around them.

S

Seraphim6801

Enthusiast
Therein lies the problem... There are no showrooms within at least 3hrs of my location. That's why I'm inquiring about any experience with the different speakers. A gentleman from Kef actually called me from England and had about an hour long chat about his products and was extremely insightful. He had nothing but good things to say about the other brands as well which earned my respect... He was awesome. I just can't find any info or detailed reviews of the Palladiums and it's bugging the heck out of me.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

As you are going to use 20k for your setup imo it is worth to take the 3 hour drive and audition speakers. That is big money to use and I myself would like to be sure that I did right decision. I myself like KEF R series, as you can imagine from my setup, but I can't know if you like it as much as I do. What we like might not be what you like. Those few hours you lose in audition progress will be saved in the years you enjoy your speakers you like.

S

Seraphim6801

Enthusiast
The 20k is absolute maximum... And even then that's an absurd amount to drop on a system... 10-12 is more feasible. If I planned on spending 20k outright I'd be picking out a set of Blue and white Blade 2s... Can you tell me more about your R series speakers? That's what I keep coming back to. What's your set up like? Do you have any exp with seperates vs a receiver?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I think you can do better for 12k. You are looking at a top of the line audio system. My picks for the best systems are JBL LSR Fronts

I buy a receivers with pre-amp outs instead of separates the pre-pro's cost more mostly due to economies of scale. Only add an amp later if you really need it.

Top of the line speakers (In my order of favorites)
The Phil 3(Dennis Murphy's works of art) They are sold near cost and have the excellent driver selection. Add that Murphy is a wizard with crossovers and you'll find yourself in audio heaven. A nice bonus is these don't need a sub because they hit 25hz on their own. You could always add one later if you think it's needed, but TL base is really hard to beat. Only horns are on par IME.

JBL LSR6332(These speakers are the best of Harman, JBL and Infinity. They are used to actually dial in the audition room at Harman. make sure you buy the L and not two Lefts)

Ascend Acoustic with the RAAL upgrade(Another excellent speaker from a great brand. worth considering)

For surrounds I'd do 4 JBL 8320 regardless of my fronts.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of your choices either. I personally own KEF surrounds and they have been great speakers for almost 10 years for me. Between the 3 I'd go that direction, but if it were my money I'd do the Phils(get 3 and use one as a center) and JBL 8320s

I'd get a Denon receiver that had pre-outs, but I'd not get an amp until I tried the system in home.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

My whole system is this: Screen: Samsung PS51F5500 Player: Marantz UD5007 Receiver: Marantz SR7008 Front speakers: KEF R500 Center speaker: KEF R200c Rear speakers: KEF R500 Subwoofer: BK Electronics XXLS400-DF

To my ears R500 is best sounding speaker at 2k and under what I have heard, but as I'm from Europe many speakers that are available in states are not available here. KEF LS50 how ever comes quite close at half the price.

If I had to suggest something I would suggest either Phil 3 or Phil BMR. Perhaps Dennis could work out something nice to match as center if you can't get 3 of either for front stage.

http://philharmonicaudio.com/phil3.html
http://philharmonicaudio.com/BMR Philharmonitor.html

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
That being said, I want a system that will "blow women's clothing off". Budget is up to $20k. That'll would wipe out my budget completely but I look at this major purchase as an investment for many years to come so I'm OK with that. Thx for the reply!!
Based on this wording, There are only Pro PA audio you should be looking for or closest next thing and probably more budget friendly is JTR Speakers. I like to post one specific Youtube video to give you an idea of capabilities of a typical JTR system - please watch full (about 1 minute)

I'd recommend contacting JTR directly. Also talk to our own, proud all JTR HT owner @rmk

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Based on this wording, There are only Pro PA audio you should be looking for or closest next thing and probably more budget friendly is JTR Speakers. I like to post one specific Youtube video to give you an idea of capabilities of a typical JTR system - please watch full (about 1 minute)

I'd recommend contacting JTR directly. Also talk to our own proud all JTR HT @rmk

That's what I get for not reading the post. JTR or Klipsch are your main choices for loud audio. They have the subs you'll want as well.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'm very happy I chose KEF R series, it suits my ears, eyes and budget. In that order.

Their subwoofers are not part of my plan though, just not the value to me in sound that they are in looks. I chose SVS, there are many other good choices. What I do really appreciate is the full array of choices available to put the right size and shape speakers in almost any space. From the huge R900 floor standing to the (somewhat) petite R100, there's a speaker right for almost any situation.

That said, I like them best because it's primarily 2 channel music for me. In HT applications the R series is almost a waste in that my son's Q series setup sounds nearly the same. His actually sounds better for the surround effect because of his room shape. Where my R series soars above his is when I am playing music...loudly. That's when I really notice the difference.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm very happy I chose KEF R series, it suits my ears, eyes and budget. In that order.
I am glad for you since you're content with your speakers purchase, but if you read this thread carefully, KEF nor Paradigm could deliver the level of oomh that OP is looking for...

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'll let the OP define what it takes to "blow womens' clothes off."

In my experience, volume alone isn't it. In fact, that alone drives more women out of the house (fully clothed) than it does attract them. No, the way with most women I know and speakers is for the speakers to look good and play the music they like...at a level which still allows them to TALK.

S

Seraphim6801

Enthusiast
LMAO.... That's what I'm taking about folks!! But seriously, I've been hunting speakers that are as aesthetically pleasing as they are excellent sounding. I did look at the Phil 3 and I'm a little discouraged by the shape of the cabinets. The wood looks amazing, but the overall effect is a little bulky. I love the boat tail look if the Palladium speakers... OMG are they gorgeous. But I keep coming back to the Kef R900 set up. If I went with this complete set up I'd have a little left over for extras.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis