speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, have been on record saying that I have BIG plans. Well, my plans have now become a reality. However, have to wait about 2-weeks before I get my new speakers. Just so hard to not have something to listen to other than my crappy computer speakers. Oh well, it is what it is. Anyways, thought that I would snap a few pics showing just how empty my room looks now.

upload_2016-5-11_19-32-45.png

upload_2016-5-11_19-33-25.png

upload_2016-5-11_19-34-7.png

upload_2016-5-11_19-34-47.png

Keep in mind my room won't be empty for long. Should be no more than 2-weeks. Very excited as I thought that I would never be able to own the speakers that I just bought. Just a bit concerned since they are 4-ohm speakers. More on that later! ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
You certainly have us all guessing here as you've discussed so many options. But if I'd hasten to guess it's Tyler Acoustics...going by our conversation.... In any case a decision like this didn't come easy but in the end these speakers will serve you for years to come.

Take care as we all know the wait will be excruciating yet exciting and I feel your pain since my speakers have been packed for nearly 4 months as we move next week.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You certainly have us all guessing here as you've discussed so many options. But if I'd hasten to guess it's Tyler Acoustics...going by our conversation.... In any case a decision like this didn't come easy but in the end these speakers will serve you for years to come.

Take care as we all know the wait will be excruciating yet exciting and I feel your pain since my speakers have been packed for nearly 4 months as we move next week.
Well Billy, only time albeit 2-weeks will tell. I am making a BIG move. Never ever thought that I would be able to do what I have now done. It is like Christmas came early. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Just feel so very blessed. Things are looking up. Can't say the same thing about my wallet.....LOL!!!! But, imho it will be so worth it in the end.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Billy, hope you get up and running soon. I know you have been waiting for that day. Moving is such a pain in the arse though. If you lived closer, I would be sure to offer you a hand. Very much aware that you have some BIG plans yourself. Be sure to keep us all updated my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Folks, have been on record saying that I have BIG plans. Well, my plans have now become a reality. However, have to wait about 2-weeks before I get my new speakers. Just so hard to not have something to listen to other than my crappy computer speakers. Oh well, it is what it is. Anyways, thought that I would snap a few pics showing just how empty my room looks now.

View attachment 18235

View attachment 18236

View attachment 18237

View attachment 18238

Keep in mind my room won't be empty for long. Should be no more than 2-weeks. Very excited as I thought that I would never be able to own the speakers that I just bought. Just a bit concerned since they are 4-ohm speakers. More on that later! ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil
Looks like you need a vending machine in there :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Looks like you need a vending machine in there :D
Yeah, I forgot to mention my candy/snacks are getting a bit on the low side of things. Guess it is time for a refill......LOL!!!! But, things are only looking up! :D:D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, went and looked at some TV stands today. Walmart has one that I really like. However, can't seem to find it on the Walmart website. I think this is the one I was looking at in the store:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sparta-Glass-and-Metal-TV-Stand-for-TVs-up-to-55/21889635

But, in the store it was $159 and NOT $179. I know it was a Z-line design that had the word "Boulevard" on it. Anyways, anyone here have any experience with this stand? Have any other recommendations? The stand I have now just sits too low for me. Want room to put a future center-channel speaker on the top shelf and my AVR on the second. Then, my BR player and TWC DVR on the bottom. This looks like it would work perfectly. Not any wider than the one I have now too. Feel free to offer some suggestions. As always, I could use them. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, found the Z-line Designs TV stand that my local Walmart has in stock. Here is what it looks like:

http://www.z-linedesigns.com/collections/home-entertainment/products/wm5693-40mxxvii

The funny things is, however, I can NOT find it on walmart.com. Was hoping to order one online and have it shipped to me. That would make it so much easier than me buying in the store. Maybe, I should just give walmart.com a call and inquire as to why it is NOT showing up online, no? The in-store price is $159 plus tax. Not a bad price at all. Really like the looks of it too. Anyone here know of any other stands in that price range albeit under $200 that is similar? If so, then by all means let me know. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Real Men don't need no stinkin tweeters :p. Just playin this on the loop with a pair of subs :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Real Men don't need no stinkin tweeters :p. Just playin this on the loop with a pair of subs :D

LOL, right, because real men worked in industry and shot their guns for 20 years so they can't hear above 10kHz anyway!:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What no backup speakers? What's in a name...:)
Yeah, you have a good point here. Maybe I need to go by Candyman39 instead......LOL!!! No wait, better make that Candyman49 as I am a bit older now.......LOL!!!! :p:p:p:p

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah...really!!!
Yeah, you guys got me....LOL!! But, trust me when I say that the wait will be so worth it! Should be about 2-weeks! Can't hardly wait myself.....LOL!!!! ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, you have a good point here. Maybe I need to go by Candyman39 instead......LOL!!! No wait, better make that Candyman49 as I am a bit older now.......LOL!!!! :p:p:p:p

Cheers,

Phil
Yep. Why not get a pair of those Andrew Jones bookshelf or Dennis Murphy Bookshelf affordable ones? Backup, backup, backup...Ya see you should have bought those Pioneer headphones for 10 bucks. :p

charmerci

charmerci

Audioholic
Yeah, you guys got me....LOL!! But, trust me when I say that the wait will be so worth it! Should be about 2-weeks! Can't hardly wait myself.....LOL!!!! ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil
I always buy new speakers before I sell the old ones - even if I can't afford it. That's the whole purpose of what credit cards and debt is for!!! o_O

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis