Audioholic Slumlord
I don't need another pair of headphones

I hate you :(;)

another thingy to keep in mind is MassDrop all sales are final. Returns allowed only for DOA or not as advertised stuff
https://helpdesk.massdrop.com/hc/en-us/articles/213150347-What-is-Massdrop-s-return-policy-

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Does anyone has HiFiMan? Can attest to their comfort? So far my reference for long term comfort goes to my AKG K712pros

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Does anyone has HiFiMan? Can attest to their comfort? So far my reference for long term comfort goes to my AKG K712pros
I have tried HiFiMan HE-500 and compared to AKG the headband feels pretty much same but the ear cups were softer and imo more comfortable. I have only tried those for 30-45 mins at store tho, but for that period they were quite comfortable.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

I hate you :(;)

another thingy to keep in mind is MassDrop all sales are final. Returns allowed only for DOA or not as advertised stuff
https://helpdesk.massdrop.com/hc/en-us/articles/213150347-What-is-Massdrop-s-return-policy-
You can cancel the drop while it is open, but when the drop ends it's final. I have bought one time myself and didn't have any problems. Right now I'm in a drop for Fostex headphones as well.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have tried HiFiMan HE-500 and compared to AKG the headband feels pretty much same but the ear cups were softer and imo more comfortable. I have only tried those for 30-45 mins at store tho, but for that period they were quite comfortable.
Which akg did you compared against?
My ear pads are extremely soft.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Which akg did you compared against?
My ear pads are extremely soft.
Mostly to Q701, I have also tried K712 Pro but it was long time ago. If I remember correctly they are pretty close in comfort?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Can you explain a little bit about headphone frequency response (or gimme a link!)?

The FR chart looks like about +/- 7dB between 2kHz and 6kHz. However, this seems to be the case with many "top" cans. I would expect this to be problematic if it were a speaker FR. What is different about headphones?

Thanks!

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
I have the HE400i. They were on sale around Thanksgiving for $299. They are extremely comfortable. I cannot speak for the 350's.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Can you explain a little bit about headphone frequency response (or gimme a link!)?

The FR chart looks like about +/- 7dB between 2kHz and 6kHz. However, this seems to be the case with many "top" cans. I would expect this to be problematic if it were a speaker FR. What is different about headphones?

Thanks!
Good question! I would like to know that as well.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-akg-k7xx-red-edition
I very tempted on these... anyone know how they would compare to the RBH HP2's?
No idea how they compare to HP2's BUT I can tell you they are nearly identical to my AKG K712Pro's (except red color and made in china)
You could get made in Austria for only $120 more:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E4WXWBE/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00DCXWXEI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11WZTRP929Q2PQ93XG2G

Plus to able to return it (unlike MassDrop) and if you have Amazon Visa even get 3% back :)

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
120 is quite a bit... I would be a lot more likely to get them on Massdrop. How do they rank to you sound wise though boredsys? Are they a go to set of headphones for you or a set that doesn't get a lot of use? My favorite set of headphones i have right now are my RBH EP3's but they are ear buds, I want something to use on my computer when I don't want to annoy my wife with my music or gaming... (even though my mechanical keyboard is loud as hell and my computer chair squeaks annoy her more then anything). Headphone are top priority... right?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
My K712 are THE MOST comfortable headphone I own and have excellent sound as well. They are my go headphones then I work in my home office. Several people here said that Hifiman 300/400 are also very comfortable to them, but I lack such experience to compare.

I do know that despite the great sound my Sens 558's have, they are not nearly as comfortable for me.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai

Thanks!
Good question! I would like to know that as well.
See this page and scroll down to the section labeled "Head-Related Transfer Function".

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

See this page and scroll down to the section labeled "Head-Related Transfer Function".
Nice find! Those links in that section are also worth to read, some really good information about the subject!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis