speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, I just recently purchased some HiVi stands for my Ultras. They were very easy to put together and I really like them. Was using some old tables that my Sister was going to throw away. The only reason that I have kept them this long is she passed away in 2010.

Just wanted some feedback as to whether or not I made a good decision here. Have noticed an improvement in sound by using the stands. So, that is a plus for sure. But, what about looks? Sure hope it looks better. Here are some pics when my Ultras were on the tables and when on my stands:

upload_2016-4-21_8-8-2.png

upload_2016-4-21_8-8-50.png

upload_2016-4-21_8-9-50.png

upload_2016-4-21_8-11-11.png

upload_2016-4-21_8-11-53.png

upload_2016-4-21_8-12-52.png

upload_2016-4-21_8-13-24.png

upload_2016-4-21_8-14-22.png

Just hope I made the right call. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Can a mod move this to the Loudspeakers forum? Have no idea how it ended up here....LOL!!!!! Help Mark!

Cheers,

Phil

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Moved for you. While I understand sentiment for items from family members I really think your new stands look much better. Use them as bedside or couch tables to keep the memories.

And what is up with the yellow sticker on the TV. I would think that would be rather distracting.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Moved for you. While I understand sentiment for items from family members I really think your new stands look much better. Use them as bedside or couch tables to keep the memories.

And what is up with the yellow sticker on the TV. I would think that would be rather distracting.
Thanks so much for moving. Guess I am just not quite awake.....LOL!!!! The stands have made a noticeable improvement in the sound. The tables that I was using have already been given them to my niece. She really wanted them and my Sis is her Mother. Feel like I did the right thing.

The yellow stick is gone. That is an older pic. But, the candy is still here......LOL!!!!! What do I need to get to help decouple my Ultras from my stands? Have any recommendations? Would that improve the sound even more? Or, is it just more snake oil? Appreciate the help!

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
New stands. You can use your sis stands between the couch. File cabinet next to the computer.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
New stands. You can use your sis stands between the couch. File cabinet next to the computer.
Tables are gone. Gave them to my niece. There is no room to put the file cabinet next to my computer. But, I am moving it to the opposite side of my couch. That will allow me to move my couch 20" to the right of where the MLP is now. Going to try to even things out a bit more as many has advised. Hopefully, I can keep my S1500's equidistant from my MLP. Imaging should improve as well. Do you like the stands better?

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I tend to like these, but have also used these and they are very good as well

A cheap one is 1/2" carpet sliders as well.
Thanks Alex. Will be sure to check them out. Do you thing it would really improve the sound even more? In other words, would getting these be a good investment? Don't want to do any damage to the Ultras finish.

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What speakers? Since you're selling the Ultras. Make sure to have tweeters at ear level.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What speakers? Since you're selling the Ultras. Make sure to have tweeters at ear level.
Still have the Ultras for the time being. If I sell them, then I have BIG plans.....LOL!!!! More on that later.

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks Alex. Will be sure to check them out. Do you thing it would really improve the sound even more? In other words, would getting these be a good investment? Don't want to do any damage to the Ultras finish.

Cheers,

Phil
Improve the sound? Probably not. Sorbothane probably not because that version doesn't have the plasticizer and the Herbie's pads definitely not.

I like them because it keeps the subs from shaking the speakers.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Improve the sound? Probably not. Sorbothane probably not because that version doesn't have the plasticizer and the Herbie's pads definitely not.

I like them because it keeps the subs from shaking the speakers.
I see. I will look into it more. Do some reading when I have the time. My boom stand is supposed to be here today. Seems like it has taken forever. Maybe I need to rethink the Amazon Prime thing. Thanks for the links.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Did you get rid of the intrusive rack? ;)
Well, that all depends on what she looks like AND what she is working with, no? :eek::eek::eek::eek: Now, you know if she looks like Kate then she ain't going nowhere.....LOL!!!!! Yes, I am removing the stand as we speak. Just a slow process as I do NOT move as fast as I used to. ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I see. I will look into it more. Do some reading when I have the time. My boom stand is supposed to be here today. Seems like it has taken forever. Maybe I need to rethink the Amazon Prime thing. Thanks for the links.

Cheers,

Phil
Are you sure the boom stand was prime shipping?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Are you sure the boom stand was prime shipping?
No not Prime. I don't have it. Just maybe I need to rethink that though. The (2) day shipping thing is a nice thing to have. It seems to have taken almost a week now....geez. Looks like it will be here today. At least, I hope it is.

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
No not Prime. I don't have it. Just maybe I need to rethink that though. The (2) day shipping thing is a nice thing to have. It seems to have taken almost a week now....geez. Looks like it will be here today. At least, I hope it is.

Cheers,

Phil
More than worth 100/year IMO or whatever its up to. Between shipping, prime movies and TV shows, prime music, and free photo storage I'm not about to give up prime anytime soon.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
More than worth 100/year IMO or whatever its up to. Between shipping, prime movies and TV shows, prime music, and free photo storage I'm not about to give up prime anytime soon.
Yeah, I need to reconsider myself. Got the boom stand in today though. It came via Postal Service. I thought UPS was bringing it. Oh well, all that matters is that I got it.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
New black stands look much better for sure. :D
Thanks I appreciate it. It will look even better when I get things moved around some more. Just have get off the old arse and get er done......LOL!!!! But, it is not looking too good.......Bahahahahahaha! The old grey mare is NOT what she used to be!

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis