KODI Discussion Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think we need one official "KODI Discussion Thread". :D

I am currently using KODI v15.

DTS-HD MA & Dolby True-HD work fine.

Has anyone used the new v16?

Anyone played with the new H265 (HEVC) on KODI?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I have used KODI v16. Works fine.

I also played a few TV episodes and movies decoded with H265 (HEVC). Works fine. Only thing is these H265 titles had AAC audio (Stereo or 6CH PCM), not DTS 5.1 or at least DD 5.1. So the sound quality was not as good as DTS.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yup. Used 15 and 16. Tried Kodi on Mac and PC. Currently mainly using on PC.

P

Pwakefield

Audiophyte
I am Using Kodi Version 16 with a Onkyo NR646 and have played almost all formats DTS DTS-HD MA and Dolby Atmos and all are fine I am hoping that when the Firmware for the DTS:X is released that Kodi will support that with no issues. The new version in Kodi I find is better then Version 15 I am running it on a HP Mini Computer with no video/ sound issues

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
KODI 16 works much better than 15, I have minimal problems with it. I run it on a Kindle Fire TV, haven't tried it on my Sony TV yet which has the Kodi App

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Exodus is really nice. :D

I also love the new H265 HEVC for TV shows. The size is so small it is really cool. Like the entire Season 5 of Homeland in 720p is only 2.55 GB. :D

For movies, I'm sticking to H264 for now since all the HEVC titles I've seen only have either 2Ch or 6Ch PCM, not DTS or DTS-HD.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I installed it yesterday and watched "The Fifth Wave" part way through. Picture quality is 720p but sound is only 2 channel. I will definately add Exodus to the Video skin removing Project TV.
Yeah, the sound quality is understandably less stellar compared to a DTS 5.1.

That's okay for most people like guests, families, and friends. But I have to watch my movies in DTS 5.1 or at least DD 5.1. :D

Exodus is still very cool - movies and TV shows.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I was streaming SD on my VZW cell - no issues. Kodi 16 and latest exodus
I'm using 15 or what they call "Isengard". have you used this version and upgraded to verison16? If so, did you notice anything different?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm using 15 or what they call "Isengard". have you used this version and upgraded to verison16? If so, did you notice anything different?
The default screen looks different. :D

I went from v15 to v16, but I didn't notice any significant differences.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The default screen looks different. :D

I went from v15 to v16, but I didn't notice any significant differences.
have'nt upgraded from 15 to 16, but used both and didn't notice much differences.
The new mobile skin (included, but not default) is more useful on mobile devices, but much slower and harder to navigate for advanced features

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis