KODI Discussion Thread

N

nefarious

Enthusiast
I'm very curious about the reported bugs mentioned about Kodi? I have an early 2019 version of Ubuntu 18.? and at that time of install I discovered they had a Kodi app as well and eagerly installed it because I discovered Kodi was being used in Android boxes! This vintage of Kodi and Ubuntu performed flawlessly but I haven't used this computer for a number of months. My current just started attempt at a streamer only has Windows 10 Pro on it and due to complaints of Kodi bugs from people I know AND using it on Windows led me to only use it on Linux! Now are bugs found on Linux as well as Windows or is it mainly a prob on Windows? Windows discontinuing support for XP&7 and Win 10 making some of my older hardware struggle has led me to use Linux more and more. Later on I'm going to dual boot Ubuntu with my Win10 Pro on my recent hastily thrown together PC steaming device and give a newest version of Ubuntu and Kodi a try.

N

nefarious

Enthusiast
The ones mentioned in posts within this thread on the previous pages including different versions of Kodi. If memory is correct Kodi and Android Boxes are Linux and the Kodi app in Win 10 is a work around kind of like having a Crapple diePhone like I do and using iTunes in Windows, if my assumption is correct and given this Kodi works better in a Linux OS ? Yes a good assumption to present because let's face it for years Linux has been generally more stable except for my nemesis which is the command line

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
I was running Kodi on my Dune HD PRO, na d it was buggy...it would lock up saying another remote was found. I just installed it on Manjaro, and so far it works flawlessly, and the colors are more vibrant too. Has anyone else noticed this with Linux?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
The ones mentioned in posts within this thread on the previous pages including different versions of Kodi.
OH! THOSE bugs....... The ones mentioned some where, some way, some how, out there on them there Interwebs! Gotcha! ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've only used Kodi for Windows 7 and now Windows 10. I'm sure there are always "bugs", especially if you consider the lack of HDR-pass-through support as a "bug". :D

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I've had "bugs" that are platform independent, but the devs don't give a crap so....

-Music skips when played over the network (NFS and SMB both do it so does Windows 10 and MacOS as servers). It does better over local drives, but ProjectM on NVidia Shield caused skips on some of the transitions lately (might be firmware issue as it started after last update).

-Movies stop randomly on the NVidia Shield since last firmware update. Devs couldn't care less.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis