KODI Discussion Thread

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, the sound quality is understandably less stellar compared to a DTS 5.1.

That's okay for most people like guests, families, and friends. But I have to watch my movies in DTS 5.1 or at least DD 5.1. :D

Exodus is still very cool - movies and TV shows.
Imo 2.0 is fine for TV episodes

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I use Dolby PLXX for the two channel stuff and it does a fairly decent job.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I prefer "discrete" sound - more pure and less processing. ;) :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
@BoredSysAdmin Hey, I'm having trouble uninstalling kodi. It says I need admin permissions, but I am the admin. I went into properties to change the permissions, but no luck there either.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
@fuzz092888 Are you attempting to uninstall through Programs and Features, or are you trying to delete the Kodi directory from Program Files? Any chance you could screenshot your error message along with whatever windows you have open? You can use "snipping tool" to save a screenshot. Just use the search field on the bottom of your Start menu and search for snip.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
@fuzz092888 Are you attempting to uninstall through Programs and Features, or are you trying to delete the Kodi directory from Program Files?
Tried both, then changed permissions of the folder to full control for all user groups through the properties and it still won't uninstall, changed permissions of the main folder to full control for all groups and it still won't uninstall

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Tried both, then changed permissions of the folder to full control for all user groups through the properties and it still won't uninstall, changed permissions of the main folder to full control for all groups and it still won't uninstall
Deleting directories from Program Files is not a good idea. You'll leave a bunch of registry entries, probably some orphaned system files, and other detritus on your system. What's the error message you get when going through Programs and Features to uninstall?

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Deleting directories from Program Files is not a good idea. You'll leave a bunch of registry entries, probably some orphaned system files, and other detritus on your system. What's the error message you get when going through Programs and Features to uninstall?
I know how to clean all that out. It's a pain, but not hard to do. no error message, just doesn't uninstall the program. kodi no longer shows up on the list, but it is still there. went to the kodi folder and double clicked on uninstall and get the admin permissions error

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I know how to clean all that out. It's a pain, but not hard to do. no error message, just doesn't uninstall the program. kodi no longer shows up on the list, but it is still there. went to the kodi folder and double clicked on uninstall and get the admin permissions error
If you're legit doing the uninstall the way nature intended and it's still failing, can you confirm that you are indeed logged into Windows with your own admin account and not a limited child's or guest account? If all else fails, Revo Uninstaller generally does an excellent job ripping stubborn installations out by their roots where Programs and Features fails.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
If Kodi no longer appears in your Programs and Features list, you might just need to take ownership of the Kodi directory before you'll be allowed to delete it. Or if there's a process active that's using that folder, you might ought to reboot and try again.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
If you're legit doing the uninstall the way nature intended and it's still failing, can you confirm that you are indeed logged into Windows with your own admin account and not a limited child's or guest account? If all else fails, Revo Uninstaller generally does an excellent job ripping stubborn installations out by their roots where Programs and Features fails.
If Kodi no longer appears in your Programs and Features list, you might just need to take ownership of the Kodi directory before you'll be allowed to delete it. Or if there's a process active that's using that folder, you might ought to reboot and try again.
I am logged in under my account, there's only one account on the computer and guest is disabled. I did try to uninstall through programs and features and also using the uninstall kodi option in the kodi folder, I have taken ownership of the kodi directory and if there's a process that is still using it I can't find it. I've already rebooted a few times, although next step is restarting in safe mode to see if that helps.

At this point I'm pretty done with Kodi, so if I can get it gone I probably won't reinstall. All of this because I tried to update to 16.0

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Never had so many issues with Kodi under OpenElec. @fuzz092888 I blame these issues on your windows os.
Try to re-install it back and then uninstall it from control panel - never attempt to delete files from c:\program files directly before uninstall.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've never had any issues with Kodi on Windows 7.

I've never had to UNINSTALL the previous version of Kodi before installing the latest version.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Did I already mention like a million times (just in case anyone has any doubts) that I unequivocally love KODI? :D

I think it's one of THE GREATEST things to EVER happen to Home Theater. :D

My wife, 13 & 14 YR old daughters also use Kodi every day. :D

Last edited:
R

ronscat

Audiophyte
I have been first XBMC and now Kodi user for years (at least 7). I have done "fresh starts" probably 20 or more times on several computers including macs, windows, various tablets including windows and Androids. My wife can either watch kodi on the 55 inch Sony smart tv or her android tablet. I just uploaded a new version on the tv yesterday. I'm using 16.1 on her 55 and my 43 Sony. Release Hub has 4k videos only on one my of the sites on it. I'm running a 3.0 set of speakers on the 55 and just use the sound of the tv on the 4k 43 inch since I sit about 5 ft from it in the bedroom. I love Kodi and have installed it on at least a dozen friends of mine computers and tablets with more promised when they buy their Sony tvs with the Android computer on board.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have been first XBMC and now Kodi user for years (at least 7). I have done "fresh starts" probably 20 or more times on several computers including macs, windows, various tablets including windows and Androids. My wife can either watch kodi on the 55 inch Sony smart tv or her android tablet. I just uploaded a new version on the tv yesterday. I'm using 16.1 on her 55 and my 43 Sony. Release Hub has 4k videos only on one my of the sites on it. I'm running a 3.0 set of speakers on the 55 and just use the sound of the tv on the 4k 43 inch since I sit about 5 ft from it in the bedroom. I love Kodi and have installed it on at least a dozen friends of mine computers and tablets with more promised when they buy their Sony tvs with the Android computer on board.
The Raspberry Pi also makes a fine Kodi streamer! CEC commands work from the TV remote right out of the box!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thx ! Gotta check out Release Hub

R

ronscat

Audiophyte
Thx ! Gotta check out Release Hub
I am having a buffering problem on the site today even though I have a 70Mbps download speed. I'm wondering if the Android pc in the Sony is the problem. After you add the Release Hub addon the Latest 4k Movies (prime Links) is close to the bottom of the list. I am interested in how your system handles the movies on here.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis