What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

BlwnAway

BlwnAway

Audioholic
The Atmos versions of:
"The Wall"
"Gravity"
"Lucy"
IMO, they are far superior mixes.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
they are a bunch of new age nutbars, but know their classic electronics ... check it out ... Sphere Research Corporation (Vancouver, BC, Canada). They also have a steady supply of take-offs and bulk buy electronics, always handy for the parts bin. Quality is generally above average (some of their sources are Military and AeroSpace manufacturers).

http://www.sphere.bc.ca

What I like most about Chris' designs are his attention to layout and grounding. He clearly shows how you can improve a given design's specifications many-fold by not changing a single component but instead paying attention to the details. There is much to learn from his approach.
Hahahahaha....yeah, I took a look at sphere audio and "new age nutbars" seems about right! But, take that as the best possible sense of the description.......looks like my kind of people.

Yeah, back to the Modulus and Chris' design decisions.....It is very amusing to me, we are all very often on this website discussing "this or that DAC chip, this or that capacitor, upgrading frivolous items, the (non) effects of cables, etc, etc, etc".

BUT, the people that REALLY know their stuff are most concerned about GROUNDING and good copper grounding planes and CIRCUIT LAYOUT!!! I have read deep enough from several different authors on the topics of audio electronics building that I absolutely agree that this is where a design is "make or break".

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
^Looks like Bass control? :)
Distributor/mixer. I'll be using it to send sub out 1 and 2 into the inputs and then outputting into the 6 drivers. It will also give me some additional level control to get them to the proper levels prior to EQ and running Audyssey. At some point I'll also be ordering a miniDSP 10x10HD and a miniDSP 2x4HD. The 10x10 will replace the 2x4 I'm selling and the 2x4HD will be for the zone 2 so I can add some subs for the zone 2. Although though miniDSP purchases are directly linked to selling some stuff first.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Distributor/mixer. I'll be using it to send sub out 1 and 2 into the inputs and then outputting into the 6 drivers. It will also give me some additional level control to get them to the proper levels prior to EQ and running Audyssey. At some point I'll also be ordering a miniDSP 10x10HD and a miniDSP 2x4HD. The 10x10 will replace the 2x4 I'm selling and the 2x4HD will be for the zone 2 so I can add some subs for the zone 2. Although though miniDSP purchases are directly linked to selling some stuff first.
So BASS control. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Was still using my old 6121 and had an Amazon credit so I picked this guy up. Now I may need a new router too... :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Let us know if it speeds thing up JG.
When running speedtest it doesn't seem to say it is faster, but pages do load noticeably quicker already on hard wire. This modem is supposed to be faster and so far it does seem to be. Testing this on my chromebook and wifi, which technically should be similar to before since he router is the same, also seems a bit faster. Need to test netflix on the PS4 and FireTV

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
When running speedtest it doesn't seem to say it is faster, but pages do load noticeably quicker already on hard wire. This modem is supposed to be faster and so far it does seem to be. Testing this on my chromebook and wifi, which technically should be similar to before since he router is the same, also seems a bit faster. Need to test netflix on the PS4 and FireTV
I had/had a surfboard modem from when I was living in NY and had Time Warner. Great modem, never did figure out if I could use it with Verizon.

R

rolldog

Audiophyte
Well, I just bought the following :
Marantz SR7010
Outlaw 5000 amplifier
Samsung UBD8500 UHD 4k Bluray player
Roku 4
Klipsch Speakers:
2 x RP-280F
1 x RP-450C
2 x RP-250S
2 x RP-160M
2 x R1125W subs
4 x RP-250S Atmos modules
250' Blue Jeans 12 Guage speaker wire
QNAP TS-451+
4 x WD Red 4TB hard drives for my QNAP
Currently in the market for a new TV, preferably the 2016 LG OLED G6, but I'd like to see some reviews from some people who have already got their's to find out how well the HDR works. This TV isn't cheap, but right now, I don't know if I want to pay that price, even though I plan to keep it for a while, or if I should buy a discounted 2015 LG OLED set, and then save my money for a different model OLED.

TVs are always the most difficult for me because there's always a better technology on the horizon. I think it's going to be a while before anything is released that has better picture quality, but I'm sure LG will improve some things on their sets, and once other manufacturers start releasing their sets, the prices will come down. I think it's going to be a couple more years before Samsung releases their OLED sets, but Panasonic is buying panels from LG and will be releasing their own OLED sets.

I current have 2 x 4K UHD sets, one is a Sony 850A, which I bought when UHD sets first hit the market, but I want to upgrade to a newer set, like the OLED which reminds me of my old Samsung plasma, which has great blacks but would also increase the room temperature by 10 degrees within an hour of turning it on. Decisions, decisions.....

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Based on other Audioholic users, I've just bought (received it today 3/21) a Logitech Harmony 650 "universal" remote. Have already had to call their Customer support, found out the supplied USB cable was defective. Luckily I had a spare one on hand. Even though the package says it works with Intel based Mac OS X 10.6 or later, the support person said ' it works on "some" Macs but not others. :mad: At least I was able to add one "activity", now I'll slug it out and try to add more. At least the clear plastic blister package was easy to open and didn't slice my fingers to shreds. :D I suppose their are legalities involved, otherwise these "universal" remote makers could provide a product that 100% mimics all the remotes they brag about in their literature. :rolleyes:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Based on other Audioholic users, I've just bought (received it today 3/21) a Logitech Harmony 650 "universal" remote. Have already had to call their Customer support, found out the supplied USB cable was defective. Luckily I had a spare one on hand. Even though the package says it works with Intel based Mac OS X 10.6 or later, the support person said ' it works on "some" Macs but not others. :mad: At least I was able to add one "activity", now I'll slug it out and try to add more. At least the clear plastic blister package was easy to open and didn't slice my fingers to shreds. :D I suppose their are legalities involved, otherwise these "universal" remote makers could provide a product that 100% mimics all the remotes they brag about in their literature. :rolleyes:
I bought my parents that remote way back when. Was never really happy with it. However I've never hadn't issues with their top tier remotes. I've had the harmony one and the ultimate home nowadays. Zero issues.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Not new but used, from the Boston Craigslist. About a year old pair of Ascend Acoustics CBM-170SE. The seller was a friendly older fellow (like myself except he's nice) and he had upgraded to the Sierra-1 in Piano Black. Initially was going to use these as rear surrounds, decided the Sierra-1's filled the room plenty good. He posted them for $97, and stated the current sale price of $248 a pair.

I got there at the agreed time and he had planted them atop the new speakers and played some music. Sounded perfect so I handed him $100. He handed it back saying he expected a negotiation down to as low as $65. We had talked a bit and got along great, so I insisted he take no less than 4 of the 5 $20 bills.

These are the first bit of a simple 2.1 system (maybe 4.1 with phantom center) that I'm putting together in my guest room where my adult daughter just bounced back to. When she goes, the system stays is what I told her.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Ordered the Phono Box S, they gave me this one due to unavailable S. Very happy:)

J

Jaybeez

Junior Audioholic
Picked up a Rhythmik F12SE for my 2.1 set up several weeks ago.

Auditioned and pulled the trigger on a brand new set of Sierra 2's, which I pick up on Friday.

I have one more piece of gear to finish my dream set up (for now).

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
What "one more piece" is that?

And who are you trying to kid with "finish"? This is more addictive than crack and you will never "finish."

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis