Sony Core Wow!!!!!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The last I saw of them, the mains got surround duty and the center got shelved as her system went from 7.2 to 5.2. Behringer 2030P's took over the front stage. I asked if you remember what those Polks were.
Yeah, I am sure they were the RTi6's and the matching CSi3 in black oak if I remember correctly.....LOL!!!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
UPDATE:

Folks, I just got my Polk CSi5 in this morning. Holy smokes this thing is HUGE! I had no idea it was going to be that BIG. Also, my Marantz SR6009 will NOT be able to fit in my tv stand because of the WiFi antennas. Just makes things a bit more crowded. Moving things around trying to get it right. My CSi5 just barely fits into my tv stand. Wow!

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
UPDATE:

Folks, I just got my Polk CSi5 in this morning. Holy smokes this thing is HUGE! I had no idea it was going to be that BIG. Also, my Marantz SR6009 will NOT be able to fit in my tv stand because of the WiFi antennas. Just makes things a bit more crowded. Moving things around trying to get it right. My CSi5 just barely fits into my tv stand. Wow!

Cheers,

Phil
Do the Wi-Fi antennae have to be standing straight up? Try them in whatever position you can accommodate before spending too much time rearranging!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Do the Wi-Fi antennae have to be standing straight up? Try them in whatever position you can accommodate before spending too much time rearranging!
YOU know Kurt I am really not sure. Have not even hooked up my 6009 just yet. Space is really tight-much much tighter than I anticipated it to be. If I have to add in my audio stand, then things are going to be even tighter. At this point, I am not even sure I will have the room for (2) Rhythmik L12's. Might just have to settle on only one of them. Good grief the Polk CSi5 is much much BIGGER than I thought it would be. Should have know though as the CSi3 is NOT small. Oh well, it is what it is....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
If your AVR was defective, then they will pay shipping both ways (as they should).
I can attest to this. They RMA'd a defective receiver and shipped me the replacement at no charge. I decided to not get the same model and they even gave me the replacement for less than the advertised price difference.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
YOU know Kurt I am really not sure. Have not even hooked up my 6009 just yet. Space is really tight-much much tighter than I anticipated it to be.
You can always call A4L and get them to send the 5009 back to you! Seems like it saves about an inch of height! :p

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I can attest to this. They RMA'd a defective receiver and shipped me the replacement at no charge. I decided to not get the same model and they even gave me the replacement for less than the advertised price difference.
Access4less has been great to deal with. They are a bit picky about returning things, but I don't blame them at all. My Marantz SR5009 was sent back and in no time credited back to my visa. I highly recommend them! I will buy from them again and again!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You can always call A4L and get them to send the 5009 back to you! Seems like it saves about an inch of height! :p
Don't think so.....LOL!!! But, putting the SR6009 on an audio stand will make it much easier to wire it up. Still waiting on my banana plugs/surge protectors to arrive from Monoprice. Hope to get some things moved around tomorrow. Decisions decisions..........we all have to make them.......LOL!!!! BTW, I can easily just connect the 6009 with an ethernet cable. Might just be easier to do that as ooposed to adding in the audio stand. YOU agree?

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I would always plug in the ethernet cable if practical! Just unplug the antennae.
However, you still may want to go with the audio stand if you are short-changing your AVR for ventilation!!!
One trick I've learned to make life easier is to print out an image of the back panel (A4L has nice big ones if you Zoom it all of the way). I keep mine on the shelf under the AVR.

As a plus, it gives me a ready excuse if my GF catches me copping a feel of the hinter regions of my new electronics!:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I would always plug in the ethernet cable if practical! Just unplug the antennae.
However, you still may want to go with the audio stand if you are short-changing your AVR for ventilation!!!
One trick I've learned to make life easier is to print out an image of the back panel (A4L has nice big ones if you Zoom it all of the way). I keep mine on the shelf under the AVR.

As a plus, it gives me a ready excuse if my GF catches me copping a feel of the hinter regions of my new electronics!:D
Yeah, I will try that. It would be nice to put the 6009 on a stand. But, it will have to go on the top shelf because of the sheer size. That way, ventilation will NOT be a problem. Even in my tv stand there is enough clearance for ventilation. Going to sleep on it tonight and try to get things placed tomorrow. As always, really appreciate YOUR input Kurt.

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I will try that. It would be nice to put the 6009 on a stand. But, it will have to go on the top shelf because of the sheer size. That way, ventilation will NOT be a problem. Even in my tv stand there is enough clearance for ventilation. Going to sleep on it tonight and try to get things placed tomorrow. As always, really appreciate YOUR input Kurt.

Cheers,

Phil
The antenna does not need to be upright, just flip them down to fit.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The antenna does not need to be upright, just flip them down to fit.
Yeah, I plan on giving it a try. I can also connect an ethernet cable. Should be okay doing so. Thanks Peng for YOUR help.

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I plan on giving it a try. I can also connect an ethernet cable. Should be okay doing so. Thanks Peng for YOUR help.

Cheers,

Phil
No problem, but if you can hard wire it with a Cat5/6 ethernet cable easily then it is better. Hard wire beats wifi always.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No problem, but if you can hard wire it with a Cat5/6 ethernet cable easily then it is better. Hard wire beats wifi always.
Yeah, the plan is to hard wire it. Still trying to figure out placement as we speak. Good Lord the Polk CSi5 is HUGE and heavy! What have I gotten myself into.....LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, the plan is to hard wire it. Still trying to figure out placement as we speak. Good Lord the Polk CSi5 is HUGE and heavy! What have I gotten myself into.....LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Can you return it for an exchange? Will the CSI3 fit?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Can you return it for an exchange? Will the CSI3 fit?
No, I want the CSi5. Just never realized it was so darn BIG. It is much deeper than I ever imagined it to be. Also, much heavier than the CSi3. But, once it is set-up I am sure I will be more than happy. Actually, I am really excited. Just a work in progress.....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
No, I want the CSi5. Just never realized it was so darn BIG. It is much deeper than I ever imagined it to be. Also, much heavier than the CSi3. But, once it is set-up I am sure I will be more than happy. Actually, I am really excited. Just a work in progress.....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
I don't blame you, size and weight matters:D, everything being equal.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, I am sitting here listening to some Red Hot Chili Peppers as we speak. Got my front-stage set up so far. Having a hard time getting my Marantz to connect to my Wi-Fi. Have it wired directly so I do NOT know what is going on? Sure will be glad when my Rhythmik sub is here. Really liking what I am hearing right now!

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Folks, I am sitting here listening to some Red Hot Chili Peppers as we speak. Got my front-stage set up so far. Having a hard time getting my Marantz to connect to my Wi-Fi. Have it wired directly so I do NOT know what is going on? Sure will be glad when my Rhythmik sub is here. Really liking what I am hearing right now!

Cheers,

Phil
I find DHCP can be hit and miss, though most of the time it works. If you know what you are doing you can try the "Static" way. Hard-wire is the best so you are all set but I understand you probably just want to make sure wi-fi works too.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I find DHCP can be hit and miss, though most of the time it works. If you know what you are doing you can try the "Static" way. Hard-wire is the best so you are all set but I understand you probably just want to make sure wi-fi works too.
Peng, I checked my connection and it says ethernet. So, it looks like it is working as of right now. Have not had much time to mess with it. For some reason, when I watch tv the sound is very low. When the AVR is off the tv sounds fine. However, if I turn on my avr there is hardly any volume.

I have my BR player connected to my avr via hdmi. Likewise, have a Samsung DVR (Time Warner) connected to the avr using hdmi. Then, from my avr to my tv using hdmi (arc). Not sure what is going on, but something is NOT right. Have any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis