Sony Core Wow!!!!!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Kurt, on a side note I decided to keep one set of the Polk T-15's. Plan to use them for front presence speakers. They really don't sound bad for a $50 set of speakers. For no more that I paid for them, I sure am NOT complaining. I have learned that people either like the Polk sound or they don't. Just not too much in-between. I just so happen to like their sound signature myself. YOU should check them out sometime.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
UPDATE:

Folks, anyone that truly knows me will tell YOU that at times I can be rather indecisive. That being said, I originally ordered a Marantz SR5009 from acc4less. However, I have decided to send it back and get the SR6009 instead. It is already on its way to me as we speak. Likewise, the SR5009 is on its way back to acc4less. Had to pay shipping to me and back on the 5009, but I still think I made the right decision. So far, acc4less has been really great to deal with. Larry has been very helpful. Highly recommend!

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
UPDATE:

Folks, anyone that truly knows me will tell YOU that at times I can be rather indecisive. That being said, I originally ordered a Marantz SR5009 from acc4less. However, I have decided to send it back and get the SR6009 instead. It is already on its way to me as we speak. Likewise, the SR5009 is on its way back to acc4less. Had to pay shipping to me and back on the 5009, but I still think I made the right decision. So far, acc4less has been really great to deal with. Larry has been very helpful. Highly recommend!

Cheers,

Phil
A4L has always been easy to deal with, as long as you don't expect them to operate at a loss. You changed your mind, so it makes sense they should not pay for round trip shipping. If they did, prices would have to increase to cover shipping costs.
I know you are pragmatic and understand this. I mention it for anyone else considering A4L. They are not SVS or Amazon with a risk free return policy.
If your AVR was defective, then they will pay shipping both ways (as they should).

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
A4L has always been easy to deal with, as long as you don't expect them to operate at a loss. You changed your mind, so it makes sense they should not pay for round trip shipping. If they did, prices would have to increase to cover shipping costs.
I know you are pragmatic and understand this. I mention it for anyone else considering A4L. They are not SVS or Amazon with a risk free return policy.
If your AVR was defective, then they will pay shipping both ways (as they should).
Yeah Kurt, acc4less has really been great to deal with. Just ordered the SR6009 yesterday and it will be here tomorrow. It cost me right at $45 dollars to ship the 5009 back. Of course, that is with insurance. Heck, UPS wanted $35 w/o any insurance. So, for $9 more I added insurance. YOU never know as anything could happen.

My Polk speakers will be here early next week. Have shipping #'s for them as well. Now, it is time to order my stands/banana plugs. Hope to have that done today. Can't wait to get my Rythmik L12.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I am beginning to see this!
Yes, it is so true....LOL!! Just got home and I look there is the UPS delivery man. I got my Polk RTi6's and RTi4's just a few minutes ago. First thing I noticed was that neither set was double -boxed! Luckily, there was no major box damage. After opening both sets, everything looks good. These speakers are beautiful just like I remember them to be.

Sure do NOT remember the RTi6's being this BIG! I am amazed with their size. Wow! Looking forward to getting everything set-up. MY Marantz SR6009 AVR will be here tomorrow. Looks like I have much to do!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
UPDATE:

As of now, I have the Marantz SR6009 and my Polk RTi6's, RTi4's. Still waiting on my CSi5 to come in. That's right, I have changed from the CSi3 to the CSi5. Got a new tv stand that will allow for the much bigger CSi5 center channel speaker.

It looks like I am not going to be able to order another Rythmik L12 right now. But, do plan to do so as soon as I can. Just bought a new 40" LCD tv today. Got lots to do and so little time....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
UPDATE:

As of now, I have the Marantz SR6009 and my Polk RTi6's, RTi4's. Still waiting on my CSi5 to come in. That's right, I have changed from the CSi3 to the CSi5. Got a new tv stand that will allow for the much bigger CSi5 center channel speaker.

It looks like I am not going to be able to order another Rythmik L12 right now. But, do plan to do so as soon as I can. Just bought a new 40" LCD tv today. Got lots to do and so little time....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Looks like your either out of the game or all in!! Good for you!!
Enjoy your new setup and report back when everything is hooked up.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Curious about your A4L experience. For either AVR, could you even tell they were used?
Everything I have gotten from them could generally pass for new, though if I get it under sunlight I might be able to pick out a minor scoff. Never have I received something that was obviously used even though I could expect a scratch or two on top.
I just have to wonder what the history of these units is. Amazon sells open box returns as used, but I don't think Crutchfield has B-stock sales, so I wonder if all returns from them and similar companies end up back at a Marantz (Denon, Yamahe, etc) facility enroute to A4L.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Looks like your either out of the game or all in!! Good for you!!
Enjoy your new setup and report back when everything is hooked up.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk
Well the thing is I was just wanting to keep everything modest. However, it did NOT take long for me to go ALL in. That is exactly what I have done....LOL!!! Should have known better. Looking forward to getting everything set-up, placed, calibrated, and etc. Some much to do yet so little time!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Curious about your A4L experience. For either AVR, could you even tell they were used?
Everything I have gotten from them could generally pass for new, though if I get it under sunlight I might be able to pick out a minor scoff. Never have I received something that was obviously used even though I could expect a scratch or two on top.
I just have to wonder what the history of these units is. Amazon sells open box returns as used, but I don't think Crutchfield has B-stock sales, so I wonder if all returns from them and similar companies end up back at a Marantz (Denon, Yamahe, etc) facility enroute to A4L.
Kurt, I have NOT hooked anything up just yet. I have the 6009 AVR setting on my coffee table as we speak. After looking it over carefully, it looks to be new! It sure is heavy....LOL!!! So far, Acc4less has been great to deal with. Very impressed.

When my AVR arrived, I was a little surprised that it was in a different box than the original. But, everything looked snug and well braced. Never opened the box for the SR5009. Hope to have things up and running soon. But, it will be a little while. Just so much going on right now.

Cheers,

Phil

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I like Polk too. I use either Rti4's or the Sony Core bookshelf speakers in my main music system. Peace and goodwill.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I like Polk too. I use either Rti4's or the Sony Core bookshelf speakers in my main music system. Peace and goodwill.
Mark, have you been able to do any comparisons between the two? I am aware the RTi4's are a little on the bright side of things, but the Sony Core bookshelf is more neutral in its presentation. Just curious if you have ever done any kind of comparison between the two. Seems like we have similar tastes!

Cheers,

Phil

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I just switched from the Polks to the Sonys a bit earlier this evening. The Sonys have more detail/better overall resolution, but there is something about the tone of the Polks that I also like. I am glad that I have them both and can switch them out once in a while. Sometime soon I may do a serious speaker comparison between these two and my Boston Acoustics CS26's that are in another system. I also own a pair of the Pioneer BS22LR speakers, but they are at my workplace (a classroom). I like them all for different reasons. Peace and goodwill.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I just switched from the Polks to the Sonys a bit earlier this evening. The Sonys have more detail/better overall resolution, but there is something about the tone of the Polks that I also like. I am glad that I have them both and can switch them out once in a while. Sometime soon I may do a serious speaker comparison between these two and my Boston Acoustics CS26's that are in another system. I also own a pair of the Pioneer BS22LR speakers, but they are at my workplace (a classroom). I like them all for different reasons. Peace and goodwill.
Like you, there is something about the Polks I like as well. Many find them bright, but if that truly is the case then I like bright. I describe the RTi Polks to be more forward in their presentation. Perhaps, some confuse their forwardness with brightness?

I also agree that the Sony Cores are a bit more detailed/resolved and are certainly more balanced in their presentation. I like them both. Just prefer the Polks more. Thanks for comparing them. Good to know others here like the Polks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Which Polks did you sell to me?
You know Alex, from what I remember YOU bought my Infinity Primus speakers that YOU later modified. Pretty sure I did NOT sell YOU any of my Polks. Trust me on this, my new Polks are NOT going to be sold. At least, for a very long time......LOL!!!!! Hope ALL is well!

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You know Alex, from what I remember YOU bought my Infinity Primus speakers that YOU later modified. Pretty sure I did NOT sell YOU any of my Polks. Trust me on this, my new Polks are NOT going to be sold. At least, for a very long time......LOL!!!!! Hope ALL is well!

Cheers,

Phil
You had a polk front end with a yammy 663 that I had you ship to my sister's place in Oklahoma. How could you forget? I thought we were tight.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You had a polk front end with a yammy 663 that I had you ship to my sister's place in Oklahoma. How could you forget? I thought we were tight.
That's right.....LOL!!!! Now, I remember. Oh well, you know I am getting older....LOL!!!! Does she still have them? I hope the Polks have served her well.

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That's right.....LOL!!!! Now, I remember. Oh well, you know I am getting older....LOL!!!! Does she still have them? I hope the Polks have served her well.

Cheers,

Phil
The last I saw of them, the mains got surround duty and the center got shelved as her system went from 7.2 to 5.2. Behringer 2030P's took over the front stage. I asked if you remember what those Polks were.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis