Speakers + Subwoofer for 120 square feet room

Effortle

Effortle

Enthusiast
No, I feel like I did the store clerk so much work by having him take out speakers out of the boxes and connecting them, so only previewed the Adam A5X among the high end monitors. I work in a store myself, so I know how annoying it is when customers make you do a lot of stuff, when in reality they are just information hunting and not there to buy anything.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
No, I feel like I did the store clerk so much work by having him take out speakers out of the boxes and connecting them, so only previewed the Adam A5X among the high end monitors. I work in a store myself, so I know how annoying it is when customers make you do a lot of stuff, when in reality they are just information hunting and not there to buy anything.
That is called customer service! ;)

Effortle

Effortle

Enthusiast
Sure, but I already occupied like 30 mins of his time when he had other costumers. Asking him to set up three more speakers would probably have taken 40 min or so additional time. That's being called a douchebag. :p

Effortle

Effortle

Enthusiast
So in the end, I visited the shop again, and appeared they didn't have Behringer after all. Also listened to Adam A5X without sub this time, and the BX5 Carbon. Now the latter really lacked bass, but the highs and mids were good I felt, even compared to the Adam. So maybe a good mix would be the BX5 and a decent sub. Regardless, I'm just gonna take a wild card, and order the Audioengine 5+, as I can't preview them anywhere. If I hate them, I will send them back and get the BX5 with a sub, but most hopefully I'll keep them. :D

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
You seem determined to buy the Audioengine - however, it is all
about you and what will float your boat.

Effortle

Effortle

Enthusiast
There seems to be a general concensus here that they should be the top performer, or among the top performers in the budget monitor range. And that they also are compatible with decent, low price subs. It is a product I haven't been able to preview though, so I'll just take a risk and buy them, and if they don't satisfy me, I'll pay the shipping cost of returning them. If so, I will buy the Adam A5X discounted for 625 dollars.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
For close-quarters listening at your computer, and sitting on your desktop, you will get a fair amount of room gain for the bass - the A5+ may be all you need. Don't commit to a sub until you try just the speakers!
I pack mine (older A5) for trips to the beach, etc.; and while it is a bit bass shy in a living room, they do fill it with great sound!

Effortle

Effortle

Enthusiast
Thoughts on JBL LSR305? It sure looks a lot nicer, yet is it?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis