Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Fuzz, I forgot to mention that my Feel Flux was shipped on Wednesday! It's now in the States and has left Ohio. No estimate of delivery date, though.

I'm curious as to what will show up because it has it listed as an "Early Bird," but I didn't order that package. Hopefully everything that I ordered shows up, including both copper tubes and the magnet case.

Did yours ship? My brother ordered before me, but his hasn't shipped. He did pick a different color stand (I think he got black and I got plain), so maybe that impacted his delivery.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm going to have to figure out how to move this TV of mine. Why don't these bigger screens come with handles on the back? It's not that heavy, but it's awkward to lift (shut UP! :D).

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hmm, I haven't gotten anything yet. I know I didn't order plain so that would make sense.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm going to have to figure out how to move this TV of mine. Why don't these bigger screens come with handles on the back? It's not that heavy, but it's awkward to lift (shut UP! :D).
I couldn't imagine moving the 64" by myself, then again I'm short so trying to pick up a TV that is almost as wide as I am tall doesn't help.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I couldn't imagine moving the 64" by myself, then again I'm short so trying to pick up a TV that is almost as wide as I am tall doesn't help.
I was talking about my 50". :) The 64"...I may never even consider moving that without a second person.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Woot, woot! The DHL tracking just updated and the Feel Flux is in Tucson with the delivery courier! I don't know if it'll show up today or not, but that's still amazingly fast - Hungary to Tucson in two days.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Fuzz, the Feel Flux arrived this morning! Budapest to my house in two days. Holy ish. Amazon has nothing on these guys.

First impressions - effing awesome. :D The metal work is really nice, and I forgot how heavy copper can be. The aluminum stand has a base plate, a pole, and a screw - and the machining all around was top notch...the screw threads like butter. The leather is pretty nice, too, but the seam makes me wonder how long it'll stay on. Might be forever, might be a week. The magnet shield looks a little rough up close, but it looks darn cool from any distance away.

As for the effect of the magnet going through the tubes? Man, I gotta say - even cooler than I expected. :) I don't want to set your expectations too high, but the videos can't convey how it feels (yes, gutter minds, I know). I hadn't thought about the fact that, as the magnet is suspended in the tube, you are supporting that extra weight with the arm holding the tube.

Anyway, I sure hope that you get yours soon!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I was talking about my 50". :) The 64"...I may never even consider moving that without a second person.
I'm sure I could move a 64" tv by myself, but I wouldn't want to. It's not as sturdy as my kitchen table.

Matt34

Matt34

I got a local bite on my eD speakers, see if I can seal the deal this weekend.

My back is not happy with me, broke down and took the oxcy, MRI next week.

Last week of my english comp class, so glad when it's over.

Got my Rancho lift struts and new tires on the truck, it's looks like a true "Outdoorsman" model now.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I forget if Alex asked me here or in my thread how many hours the E8000 has. I finally got into the service menu now that I have a remote with actual buttons on it and found out that the panel's current hours are listed at approximately 54. I'm pretty sure about 10 of those we put on the TV. The damn thing is pratically brand new.

BTW the 8500 is still scheduled for the 20th. Yikes.

@Alex2507

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I forget if Alex asked me here or in my thread how many hours the E8000 has. I finally got into the service menu now that I have a remote with actual buttons on it and found out that the panel's current hours are listed at approximately 54. I'm pretty sure about 10 of those we put on the TV. The damn thing is pratically brand new.

54 hours! F^%&! That's awesome. Now I'm back to being jealous. That's a great score.

I'll see if we can add that the event to the strongman competition. The TV carry
Oh yeah, didn't you get involved with weights and stuff?

My back is not happy with me, broke down and took the oxcy, MRI next week.
I'm having knee problems that forced my hand a few days ago. I had to take the Canadian version of Vicodin after moving TVs around. It's a wonder I didn't buy the 4311 then and there.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Mine is set for the 22nd, but I'm going to call and see if they have any openings next week. I think the TV got in stock quite a bit sooner than they expected, so maybe I can get it delivered sooner. Here's to hoping. :) I almost called yesterday afternoon, but I wanted to give it a chance to get logged in their system so that the person answering the phone could look it up right away.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Mine is set for the 22nd, but I'm going to call and see if they have any openings next week. I think the TV got in stock quite a bit sooner than they expected, so maybe I can get it delivered sooner. Here's to hoping. :) I almost called yesterday afternoon, but I wanted to give it a chance to get logged in their system so that the person answering the phone could look it up right away.
How do you know its in stock? Did you get a notification?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis