What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thank you so much 3db and Phil!

YIKES Coming TODAY...Newegg Rules Yipee:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Happy Birthday! :)

I may just need to pick up a tablet for myself...to browse AH on :mad: I've always used my work system while at home and now they're blocking everything, occasionally even AH pages. Gun thread on here is blocked as are my gun forums and even some firearm related shopping sites.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Happy Birthday! :)

I may just need to pick up a tablet for myself...to browse AH on :mad: I've always used my work system while at home and now they're blocking everything, occasionally even AH pages. Gun thread on here is blocked as are my gun forums and even some firearm related shopping sites.
Thanks alot JG! You can't beat the price on the Sony it was $500 when it came out.:eek: I'll let yall know how I like it. Waiting patiently at home for it's arrival. :cool:
The Sexy case I got:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

Picked this up along with Edge of Tomorrow. Mastered in 4K, whatever that means.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I finally bought a Staples Connect Hub and a couple of dimmers. I have one thermostat coming in the mail and will be getting locks in a couple of weeks. I'm doing everything Z-wave so if Staples does not add some scene functionality I can dump their hub and go to something more robust and all my parts will usable on any Z-wave system. It is cool so far and very easy to set up. Hard part is not spending a ton of money now and being patient to pick things up on sale. Dimmers are expensive (30-50 each) and I want to have around 15-20 through the house and garage.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thank you so much 3db and Phil!

YIKES Coming TODAY...Newegg Rules Yipee:D
Well it got here yesterday at 5PM. :) It was updated to right out the box to 4.4.2 Kitkat, so I updated it to 4.4.4 via the tablet with no problems which took less than 5 min. I'm loving it so much. I was up all night with it. It's super fast and looks even more amazing in person. I ordered a Matte Screen Protector for it today from ebay. Case should be here tommorow. Looks like it's sold out already at Newegg.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well it got here yesterday at 5PM. :) It was updated to right out the box to 4.4.2 Kitkat, so I updated it to 4.4.4 via the tablet with no problems which took less than 5 min. I'm loving it so much. I was up all night with it. It's super fast and looks even more amazing in person.
Well in that case, it should be better than the RCA Pro10 tablet that I am looking at!:)
Pro10 Edition | RCA Tablets

However for streaming back-up, I did buy a NeoTV 300 for $35
It is decent - however it takes a back seat to Fire TV and Roku

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For the first time that I can remember, Amazon has let me down. I ordered that movie on Wednesday morning with a guaranteed delivery date of today, and because I never got a shipment verification, I checked my orders. It hasn't shipped and has an expected delivery of Tuesday - even though they are in stock and I can order one right now with it being guaranteed to arrive tomorrow. Yeah, I just contacted them.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Well in that case, it should be better than the RCA Pro10 tablet that I am looking at!:)
Pro10 Edition | RCA Tablets

However for streaming back-up, I did buy a NeoTV 300 for $35
It is decent - however it takes a back seat to Fire TV and Roku

In what way? I'm curious.... I have a Roku3 which is amazingly fast for internet but it can't do anything else. I cannot attach storage to it or stream off of my PC. I have a WD that can stream any format under the sun but its slow with the internet apps.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For the first time that I can remember, Amazon has let me down. I ordered that movie on Wednesday morning with a guaranteed delivery date of today, and because I never got a shipment verification, I checked my orders. It hasn't shipped and has an expected delivery of Tuesday - even though they are in stock and I can order one right now with it being guaranteed to arrive tomorrow. Yeah, I just contacted them.
I asked if Amazon could expedite the order and get it to me tomorrow because their website showed an available guaranteed delivery date of tomorrow. Amazon responded in about an hour to tell me that there was a delay on there end, so the shipment wouldn't get here until Tuesday, and they couldn't expedite an order or cancel the original one because it had already entered the shipping process. They gave me a $5 credit, which is quite cool, but I wanted the movie this weekend and the response got me a bit riled up because their website still said that (a) I could order it and have it tomorrow and (b) I could still cancel my order.

Anyway, about half an hour later, I got a confirmation e-mail that it had shipped and would get here tomorrow. So, riled up for nothing. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I asked if Amazon could expedite the order and get it to me tomorrow because their website showed an available guaranteed delivery date of tomorrow. Amazon responded in about an hour to tell me that there was a delay on there end, so the shipment wouldn't get here until Tuesday, and they couldn't expedite an order or cancel the original one because it had already entered the shipping process. They gave me a $5 credit, which is quite cool, but I wanted the movie this weekend and the response got me a bit riled up because their website still said that (a) I could order it and have it tomorrow and (b) I could still cancel my order.

Anyway, about half an hour later, I got a confirmation e-mail that it had shipped and would get here tomorrow. So, riled up for nothing. :)
Happy it worked out for you.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja

can I borrow $5?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
In what way? I'm curious.... I have a Roku3 which is amazingly fast for internet but it can't do anything else. I cannot attach storage to it or stream off of my PC. I have a WD that can stream any format under the sun but its slow with the internet apps.
As far as a tablet - I am still thinking and moving slow on that.

The NeoTV was for back-up TV watching (streaming movies/tv), if my Roku failed. The Roku has
been quirky and difficult at times - I only have it because Amazon Fire has some limited apps.

The Amazon Fire is still my favorite, and it is even a little quicker/faster than the Roku3

However the last time the Roku went down - I picked it up and spanked it a few times with my
hand, and so far it is doing better.:) The Roku is fast and nice, I just wish it was all around built
better - as it does have some complaints from quite a few people.

As far as streaming and storage - maybe something like an Android TV box can work - also I think
Google is coming out with some new stuff.

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

"there end"...:eek::p

Got ya!:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I may think about it - however for my intended (not heavy) use, I do not plan to spend much.
I am still thinking about the Amazon Fire HD
Yeah, just saw the new ones and I'm considering the new 7" HD at just $139. I bought the GF the 7" HDX last year and she loves it.

I paid for 1 day shipping one time and it showed up 3 days late. They refunded the shipping charge (which is actually just $4) and that was it. So don't expect them to do much.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
amazon said attempt delivery was made on my tablet case when someone was home to receive it. No second attempt was made either. :mad:CONTACTED THEM VIA CHAT AND SHOULD BE HERE TODAY. We will see. First time they mess up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis