What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
What no extended service warranty either...:D

Think of picking one up(Roku) myself for the other room...only for netflix.
You could also do a Chromecast. I'm not sure how much the Roku is but for only 35 bucks mine has been great.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You could also do a Chromecast. I'm not sure how much the Roku is but for only 35 bucks mine has been great.
Depends on the level of Roku or if you can use the streaming stick. I think the bottom tier Roku starts at like $20-30 and goes up to $100 for the Roku 3, but there are always deals and sales that knock that price down. If you can use the streaming stick, I think it's like $50 or less and it's more or less like the Roku 3. I have a Roku 3 and a streaming stick and they seem pretty similar to me, albeit the stick is slightly slower in the menus.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thought about getting a WASD keyboard, but it was a touch too expensive and Das Keyboard gives an education discount so I picked one up. If I like it, I might go back for a WASD custom and move the Das Keyboard to my classroom.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
It's been a long time since I looked at the WASDkeyboard site. It does seem like prices went up a bit in the last few years (and they changed their name to maxkeyboard) but it looks like all the boards are now backlit and whatever. One of these days I need to buy a nice set of keycaps because I keep wearing out the normal ones that have come with my boards.

I've never used a das board but I've heard they're nice. All my boards are filcos and I like em just fine :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got a good deal for my bday tomm. on a Sony Xperia Z1 Tablet. Can't wait! Should be here thur or Fri. Thanks for the help Ro.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks Fuzz. I know yours bday is almost here too, so Happy, Happy. :) It will be my first legit brand tablet. So excited.:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks Fuzz. I know yours bday is almost here too, so Happy, Happy. :) It will be my first legit brand tablet. So excited.:D
Mine was actually last week, I think. I didn't do anything special so it just kinda passed quietly :D

That's sweet, hopefully it works as well as the off brand ones :p

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Happy Belated Man! Well the Hisense 7' I got earlier this year is actually a good tablet, but my eyes need something bigger and this thing is so thin, waterproof and deep blacks. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Happy Belated Man! Well the Hisense 7' I got earlier this year is actually a good tablet, but my eyes need something bigger and this thing is so thin, waterproof and deep blacks. :)
Thanks. Whoa waterproof, sounds like something I need with my track record of spilling things on everything. Enjoy it.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Thought about getting a WASD keyboard, but it was a touch too expensive and Das Keyboard gives an education discount so I picked one up. If I like it, I might go back for a WASD custom and move the Das Keyboard to my classroom.

Buckling spring keyboard? Ossum! There's no geek gear that can offer an experience as viscerally satisfying as the tactile response of a clacky keyboard. I've got an old IBM and a less substantial but similarly noisy no-name clacky keyboard in my closet. It might be time to drag one out and take it to work just for nostalgia's sake.
Got a good deal for my bday tomm. on a Sony Xperia Z1 Tablet. Can't wait! Should be here thur or Fri. Thanks for the help Ro.
Happy birthday! I'm excited for your tablet, although my "help" was probably more of a hindrance. Your eye for impressive bargains is better than mine. I bow to the master.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
The das keyboard uses cherry mx switches (brown or blue), not buckling spring :)

The only company currently offering buckling spring boards that I know of is unicomp:
Unicomp, Inc.

Hopefully there are others as well but they're the only ones I know about.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Buckling spring keyboard? Ossum! There's no geek gear that can offer an experience as viscerally satisfying as the tactile response of a clacky keyboard. I've got an old IBM and a less substantial but similarly noisy no-name clacky keyboard in my closet. It might be time to drag one out and take it to work just for nostalgia's sake.

Happy birthday! I'm excited for your tablet, although my "help" was probably more of a hindrance. Your eye for impressive bargains is better than mine. I bow to the master.
Thank you Ro!:eek::cool: You really did help me alot. I appreciate it too.

Thanks Adam! No cheap wine tonight. Crema Fina perhaps which cost over 10 bucks.:eek: :D

Bought a brown case for the Xperia Z and a MHL to HDMI cable from amazon last night. The latter which I'm sure I won't use often.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis