What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Loose translation, "Dang, Walter, you're old." :D

Just kidding, Walter. We're all getting there. Me faster than Irv...
Thats not what I was trying to say, and old'er is not a bad thing... Hopefully with a little luck, attention, and self preservation we all get there someday...

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Thats not what I was trying to say, and old'er is not a bad thing... Hopefully with a little luck, attention, and self preservation we all get there someday...
Self preservation hits the nail on the head, that my friend is spot on. It really is all about "How we take care of our self"

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Self preservation hits the nail on the head, that my friend is spot on. It really is all about "How we take care of our self"
Yep, but you have to admit you need some luck, lol.. That keeps the runaway busses, stray bullets, aneurysms, and lightening strikes at bay...

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Yep, but you have to admit you need some luck, lol.. That keeps the runaway busses, stray bullets, aneurysms, and lightening strikes at bay...
Oh my , the aneurysm is the scary one. local builder 42 y.o. had one getting on the plane to go on vaca never made it to the ambulance, rest his soul .
I worry about that because I know it can happen to anyone , stress sucks , it gets me all worked up.
I like the luck and hope it likes me.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Oh my , the aneurysm is the scary one. local builder 42 y.o. had one getting on the plane to go on vaca never made it to the ambulance, rest his soul .
I worry about that because I know it can happen to anyone , stress sucks , it gets me all worked up.
I like the luck and hope it likes me.
When I was around 23 a friend of mines little brother {19} died from one, first day at his first job, assistant football coach at a local high school, another gentleman from RI that owned a few gas stations I used to service the coolers and hvac for passed from one too, he was on his way to work one morning and veered off the road, they did the autopsy and found the damage to the brain, he was around 50 years old...
its scary, live every day like its 2 days before your last and you are going to spend the day before your last with your mother, {I know most people say "live every day like its your last", but that is unrealistic, since your last day would be a super sad day and you would spend it with your family and loved ones, so 2 days before is better, and then knowing the next day is going to be spent with your mom will keep you from doing anything too stupid or bad... I have put a lot of thought into this...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...live every day like its 2 days before your last...
Heck, I'd be so paralyzed with indecision on how to live that day, I'd never get anything done.

Oh, hey...guess I'm already following your advice. :D

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Loose translation, "Dang, Walter, you're old." :D

Just kidding, Walter. We're all getting there. Me faster than Irv...
You know it's funny, one they I looked in the mirror and said to my self: What happened I was just a kid not too long ago, time has went fast.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
You know it's funny, one they I looked in the mirror and said to my self: What happened I was just a kid not too long ago, time has went fast.
My grand father used to say "TIME, if its flying your doing something right" he died at 64, but I have to say he lived everyday he lived...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
This came in the mail last night. I now have to pick up a cheap coax cable and I'll be all set to finally get Dolby Digital working on my secondary system

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Picked up a pair of these on the cheap for the kids room. They are powered so I can connect them to my whole house system and she can listen to whatever she wants in her room and control it via her ipod.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My old roomate was 1/2 Chinese (and half German, odd mix). He told me that in the Chinese culture, one of the highest compliments that you can give someone is basically "you age well".:)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
My old roomate was 1/2 Chinese (and half German, odd mix). He told me that in the Chinese culture, one of the highest compliments that you can give someone is basically "you age well".:)
I agree, when we go out and the bartender "cards" my wife, you couldn't chisel that smile from her face, lol... Shes 35 now, and it doesn't happen as often as it used to but every once and a while we go somewhere new and it happens, its funny to watch... I on the other hand never get carded.... I honestly think the last time I was checked was when I was underage, lol...

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I also hear that I age well :D Going to be 29 in November but I still get carded 90% of the time.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
A lot of people say "I would like to be 25 again" and I always say "fK NO", lol The amount of work I have done from 25-34 I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy {if I had one}, I am at the point now where I don't have to work anymore, and it was a long hard road getting here, so FK NO, I will take 34, lol...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
A lot of people say "I would like to be 25 again" and I always say "fK NO", lol The amount of work I have done from 25-34 I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy {if I had one}, I am at the point now where I don't have to work anymore, and it was a long hard road getting here, so FK NO, I will take 34, lol...
Dunno, 25 was fun, only out of college for a year, first job, getting experience, not worried about a single thing except plenty of time for mountain biking! But, 10 years later and I certainly wish I had the experience I have now when I was 25.

Getting carded, nope. It is rare for me to get carded, even by the time I was 21. But, I think facial hair is a big part of that, makes me look older (especially now that it's getting a little grey in it).

I told the girlfriend that "I didn't have any grey hairs before I met her", and that's the truth :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked this up last night in preparation for tonight's rewire of my secondary system.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A lot of people say "I would like to be 25 again" and I always say "fK NO", lol The amount of work I have done from 25-34...
I'd love to be 25 again - doesn't mean that I want to go back in time to when I was 25. :)

Then again, I could make a killing in the real estate market if I did. Hmmm....

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
As noted in this thread - http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/general-av-discussions/92181-no-netflix-through-my-panny-dmp-bd85.html - I just picked up a Roku 3. I was surprised that the kid at Future Shop didn't tell me I needed a Monster HDMI cable to go with it. In fact, he didn't even ask if I had a HDMI cable at all (I do). If I was thestore manager, I'd fire him...:D
What no extended service warranty either...:D

Think of picking one up(Roku) myself for the other room...only for netflix.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
What no extended service warranty either...:D

Think of picking one up(Roku) myself for the other room...only for netflix.
You're right, he didn't ask me about an extended warranty either! He must be new there....:rolleyes:

I programmed my Harmony 880 to operate the Roku last night - works perfectly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis