Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
If I had the space it would be over.
I'm with you there brother unless I put them in my bedroom and sell my Epos ... sorry feeling a bit suicidal, via Brunhilda's clutching hands around my esophagus. :D

must resist, must resist

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
That's a classic 3-way design – at a price that's a steal.

If you have the floor space and want a maple finish, that's hard to ignore.

For those who might be interested in this design's details: MurphyBlaster Productions

Its a 3-way speaker in two separate cabinets. The bass module is sealed with a 10" woofer. The upper module contains a GR Research 5¼" mid range driver and a Hiquphon OW1 ¾" dome tweeter.

Both the woofer and mid range drivers are very smooth sounding, and both are overachievers in the world of audio. The tweeter is the very best ¾" dome tweeter made, and is arguably one of the best dome tweeters of any size. With seamless sounding crossovers, this combination works beautifully.

I consider the MBOW1 3-way as the elder uncle to the Philharmonic 3.

Last edited:
GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Whoever scores these for that price is running away with ::theft:: - that's probably less than the cost of drivers, never mind crossovers and cabinets.

Basically a "middle-class man's Salk HT3".

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Just to make sure everyone understands--these are used speakers. Even I wouldn't sell new merchandise for that price.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Dennis, have you thought about listing them here, too?

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Dennis, have you thought about listing them here, too?
That's probably a good idea. So far shipping has been the big obstacle. Everyone seems to live in California except me.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Me? I'm not an addict (he says as he glances around nervously whilst itching his arm)

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Me? I'm not an addict (he says as he glances around nervously whilst itching his arm)
Nothing complements 21" subs like a 10" sealed woofer.

*runs away laughing maniacally*

PS Don't do it fuzz. The ring. The ring. the ring.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing complements 21" subs like a 10" sealed woofer.

*runs away laughing maniacally*

PS Don't do it fuzz. The ring. The ring. the ring.
Who says I'd match those subs with those speakers ;). Those would look great next my maple Phil's in the living room. The predecessor and the evolution together :D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Who says I'd match those subs with those speakers ;). Those would look great next my maple Phil's in the living room. The predecessor and the evolution together :D
They'd make great surround channel speakers ;). Hang them on the wall with these:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
There aren't many things that make me question my core beliefs, but this thread has to be one of them. Fuzz has seen the speaker listing...but, yet, they still show as available.

I don't know what's real and what's not anymore...

Fuzz - they're $400, man. You probably spent more than that on shoes last weekend. :D Ask Dennis for a webpage guru discount and be done with it. :p

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I wish I could. I would in a second if resourses were available. :( Such a beauty...sigh.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
There aren't many things that make me question my core beliefs, but this thread has to be one of them. Fuzz has seen the speaker listing...but, yet, they still show as available.

I don't know what's real and what's not anymore...

Fuzz - they're $400, man. You probably spent more than that on shoes last weekend. :D Ask Dennis for a webpage guru discount and be done with it. :p
This is definitely the opposite of an intervention :eek:

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Come on... dropped some good drugs this morning and no one is willing to go to rehab? Hell of a price for even junkies don't let a non addict take your junk:D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Okay Swerd, why aren't YOU on this?

$400 and you can finally scrap your NHT surrounds for some Songtower or MBOW1 3-ways :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis