RBH Sound Owner's Thread

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Not at all, think of it as encouragement to show off the speakers, installed! (I'm just blunt)

So come on, how long do we have to wait!?

And did you change your mind on the Orions? I hear they are hard to beat at any price.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
New RBH review - RBH SX-1212P/R subwoofer:

"From 12.5-40Hz the SX-1212P/R produced the highest output that Audioholics has recorded from any subwoofer reviewed to date."

RBH Sound SX-1212P/R Subwoofer Review | Audioholics

I know the SX-1010P/R can shake the room like a rag doll in an earth quake. So, of course, the SX-1212P/R would output even more. But I didn't really expect it to produce the highest 12.5-40Hz output ever recorded by Joshua Ricci. :eek: :D
I'm nitpicky :D

Not the highest recorded output in that range by ricci - the highest recorded output of a sub tested for audioholics by him (there are others on data-bass that have scored higher). Still very impressive output though and I'd love to have a couple of those subs!

Last edited by a moderator:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not at all, think of it as encouragement to show off the speakers, installed! (I'm just blunt)

So come on, how long do we have to wait!?

And did you change your mind on the Orions? I hear they are hard to beat at any price.
As soon as I get the new speakers. :D I don't even have them yet. ;)

The Orion are awesome speakers. But they are just 2.0 speakers. I think Linkwitz made a "mistake" not making a matching Center & Surround. If all I wanted were 2.0, I think the Orion would be great for that. They have such a grand soundstage and great imaging and detail. So I'll probably keep the Orion around just for fun. :D

But the RBH will get about 99% of the action for sure. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm nitpicky :D

Not the highest recorded output in that range by ricci - the highest recorded output of a sub tested for audioholics by him (there are others on data-bass that have scored higher). Still very impressive output though and I'd love to have a couple of those subs!
Thanks. I corrected my statement. :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
New RBH review - RBH SX-1212P/R subwoofer:

"From 12.5-40Hz the SX-1212P/R produced the highest output that Audioholics has recorded from any subwoofer reviewed to date."

RBH Sound SX-1212P/R Subwoofer Review | Audioholics

I know the SX-1010P/R can shake the room like a rag doll in an earth quake. So, of course, the SX-1212P/R would output even more. But I didn't really expect it to produce the highest 12.5-40Hz output ever recorded by Joshua Ricci for Audioholics. :eek: :D

The only "negative" point I can see the weight. :D

The SX-1212P/R (active) is 130 LBS and the SX-1212N/R (passive) is 120 LBS.

The SX-1010N/R (passive) is only about 75 LBS - more to my liking. :D
Does anyone else review RBH speakers, it appears not.............:confused:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Does anyone else review RBH speakers, it appears not.............:confused:
I think Home Theater Magazine/ S&V did 3:

RBH Signature Series surround speaker system | Sound & Vision
Face Off: 3 Speaker Systems Around $3,500 RBH | Sound & Vision
https://rbhsound.com/hometheater0798.php

It's kind of like ATI amps. I can't find a single ATI amp review with measurement other than the AT6012 by The Audio Critic.

I don't really care much for most reviews that don't have measurements. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How the heck did RBH Sound get so much bass in this tower.
Well, one SX-6300/R tower should have similar bass output as one SX-10/R subwoofer.

So basically, you have the equivalent of two SX-10/R subwoofer. No wonder there is plenty of bass. :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I think Home Theater Magazine/ S&V did 3:

RBH Signature Series surround speaker system | Sound & Vision
Face Off: 3 Speaker Systems Around $3,500 RBH | Sound & Vision
https://rbhsound.com/hometheater0798.php

It's kind of like ATI amps. I can't find a single ATI amp review with measurement other than the AT6012 by The Audio Critic.

I don't really care much for most reviews that don't have measurements. :D
I do like my ATI amp.

Measurements a good starting point for the mind, but the ears rule the decision making in my book.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do like my ATI amp.

Measurements a good starting point for the mind, but the ears rule the decision making in my book.
Yeah, but it's got to be your ears, though, not other people's ears. :D

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Anyone here know what RBH stands for???
Also since I am a member. I sold my Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2's. I might need another bookshelf size speaker down the road. Is there an RBH speaker that can compete with the Sierra 2's but maybe has a little better low end? Or for that matter does anyone have any suggestions on a fantastic bookshelf under 2500.00

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I sold my Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2's. I might need another bookshelf size speaker down the road. Is there an RBH speaker that can compete with the Sierra 2's but maybe has a little better low end? Or for that matter does anyone have any suggestions on a fantastic bookshelf under 2500.00
Another bookshelf speaker for what? :eek:

I thought the reason you sold the Sierra 2 was because you didn't need a pair of bookshelf speakers? :D

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General

I thought the reason you sold the Sierra 2 was because you didn't need a pair of bookshelf speakers? :D
That's in my main room. I will need a set later down the road when I put a system back in my bedroom. Just doing some early research and I am bored.. I can't stop buying Audio gear either.:D.... Isn't that what you taught me..................................
Most of the time I have to sell something to buy something. I sold the Sierra's to add something to my main room.. Should be here in a few weeks..

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai

Looking at your signature: Is your top section a full range module and your bottoms a sub module or are the tops and bottoms a full range module like mine?? BTW I am flying to Miami in the morning and if I get a chance there is a place in North Ft. Lauderdale that has the RBH on display. Hopefully I can check them out. Will also go to Hollywood Sound (the owner is a friend of mine for almost for 40 years) his shop is geared to 2 channel only. He does have the turntable that was used in the movie "A Clockwork Orange" in his collection whick I think is pretty cool.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Looking at your signature: Is your top section a full range module and your bottoms a sub module or are the tops and bottoms a full range module like mine?? BTW I am flying to Miami in the morning and if I get a chance there is a place in North Ft. Lauderdale that has the RBH on display. Hopefully I can check them out. Will also go to Hollywood Sound (the owner is a friend of mine for almost for 40 years) his shop is geared to 2 channel only. He does have the turntable that was used in the movie "A Clockwork Orange" in his collection whick I think is pretty cool.
The top + bottom makes one tower. The top is tweeter + midrange. The bottom is bass.

Definitely check them out. Write down the model number on the speakers if you get a chance.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's in my main room. I will need a set later down the road when I put a system back in my bedroom. Just doing some early research and I am bored.. I can't stop buying Audio gear either.:D.... Isn't that what you taught me..................................
Most of the time I have to sell something to buy something. I sold the Sierra's to add something to my main room.. Should be here in a few weeks..
I've created a monster! :eek: :D

Ah, you are getting $4K tube integrated? You are crazy. :D

Does the bedroom have to be bookshelf speakers? The Atlantic Technology AT-2 is 41Hz-20kHz +/-2dB. Our friend can help you obtain those quite nicely. ;)

The Sierra 2 is 46Hz @ -3dB in comparison (F3). The RBH SX-661 & SX-T1 both have a F3 of 50Hz.

Home Theater Magazine measurement of the AT-2:
An average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal responses measures +2.30/–2.58 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The –3dB point is at 41 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 38 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 6.13 ohms at 158 Hz and a phase angle of –51.20 degrees at 84 Hz.

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/atlantic-technology-2-loudspeaker-ht-labs-measures

Atlantic Technology :: AT-2 with H-PAS Technology

So overall, the AT-2 is quite accurate (+2.30/-2.58dB) and quite full-range (38Hz @ -6dB!). How did they do that without adding a built-in active subwoofer into the bookshelf? :eek:

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Those AT-2 look nice. One thing nice about getting a set of matching RBH is if I ever do add a surround set up they would go with my towers.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
One thing nice about getting a set of matching RBH is if I ever do add a surround set up they would go with my towers.
Sure. I would get SX-61/R (MSRP $1900). Remember what Gene said - the SX-61/R is about 90% of the $12,000 Status Acoustics bookshelf speaker in terms of SQ.

But you will need a subwoofer with the SX-61/R (like your Rythmik Sub) if you use the SX-61/R in a different room than the SX-6300/R.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Right. I wonder how they would compare to the Sierra 2's in the highs and mids..

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
So overall, the AT-2 is quite accurate (+2.30/-2.58dB) and quite full-range (38Hz @ -6dB!). How did they do that without adding a built-in active subwoofer into the bookshelf? :eek:
One part is size: the AT-2 is larger looking at its external dimensions than either the SVS Ultra bookshelf and KEF R300, both of which feature 6.5" woofers vs the 5.25" woofer on the AT-2. There's also a price to pay in sensitivity, with the AT-2 being a bit below average at 85dB vs the KEF/SVS measuring in at 90dB/90.5dB respectively.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis