What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I knew you were, and even if you weren't I was going to pretend you were :p

Oh come now, I'm not that much of a d!ck. I'm leaving half of my subs in storage here in NY, unless you or Walter wants to act as storage to one or both of them :D Even then, I'm splitting the system in half. I'll be running a 5.1 or 5.0 in the living room and a 5.1 or .2 in my office bedroom. Even after all that, I'll have enough leftover for two small 2.0 systems for the bedroom and kitchen :D

Good thing I'm a hoarder :rolleyes:
I do like thems subs. That would end up in a quick divorce. I can't bring much more stuff into my place. BTW what about that Cinepro amp and Threshold, you need storage space for that, I might be able to squeeze them in.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

For an old Tamron SP 90mm manual focus lens that is Nikon and now it fits my Canon. :) Confirmation Chip Focus works nicely too. Fast service from Jersey!

This came today too. :)

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I do like thems subs. That would end up in a quick divorce. I can't bring much more stuff into my place. BTW what about that Cinepro amp and Threshold, you need storage space for that, I might be able to squeeze them in.
Oh I'm pretty sure all the amps are coming with me :p :D

B

bushido

Junior Audioholic
B_K_4420_02.jpg

M_K_MX-90_Sub_Show_Both_Drivers_HR.243.jpg

outlaw_990_a.jpg

epicure 400's in someone's living room.jpg

epicure M202's.JPG

wadia-170itransport-silver.jpg

Emotiva XDA-2emotiva_XDA-2_1.jpg

epicure 20's.jpg

Been waiting nearly 25 years to once again hear my beloved Epicure 400's sing. It involved 8 new woofers from Huw Powell at Humanspeakers.com, a DAC, a preamp, and a sub...but without the watts,the speakers simply wouldn't respond, and the B&K is just phenomenal.

I had the speakers, the CD player...and have a Wadia ipod docking station on the way... I'm also repairing a set of Epicure 20's for the kitchen.

B&K Reference 4420 225 wpc @ 8 ohms.

Preamp: Outlaw 990 Has a nifty bass management system, 2 sub outs, separate remote for zone 2, XLR connects

Sub M&K MX-90 Oldie, but priced right, and it's my first sub

There are four other Epicure M202's in adjacent rooms with separate amps....and with all due respect to Dr. TLSguy....this system is mind blowing. These speakers don't have a sweet spot, the entire first floor of my humble home is sweet...

True story: The other night, about 2 am after 5 hours of listening, with windows open, (mind you I have neighbors flanking me who love me and sleep just fine, and woods across the street), I see flashlight coming through the front windows... it was Officer Hill, the local cop from our neighborhood... "No one called Chris, but I was down the street (1/4 mile) parked with the windows open and couldn't figure out where the music was coming from...but it sounds great!!" I gave him a bottled water and called it a night..

None of the photos are mine.

Onward and upward
Puff

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
A couple of Chesky CDs

Just received this - it is a real good CD - real good recordings, one good way to test speakers out.
The MB Quart Vera's really stood out as good speakers, on this one.

It also has a good Organ pedal scale track (65 hz down to 16 hz) > a good way to test the bass
control of your subwoofer - and my Mordaunt Short sub did nice with the notes it can handle.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After putting it off for a while, I finally ordered this Tripp Lite power strip from Amazon. Because of the holiday, looks like it'll get here on Saturday.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The price was real good - and I wanted a new/different AVR -
New from Ebay for $188.00

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^Nice can't wait to hear your thoughts. Lots of nice features for that price.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
^^Nice can't wait to hear your thoughts. Lots of nice features for that price.
It does look real nice for the price - I was looking at the PA-R100, which they still have for $131.00
However with the PA-R200 you get 5 more pounds of weight, 20 more watts, plus 7.1 pre-outs.
It should be here on Wednesday

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
After putting it off for a while, I finally ordered this Tripp Lite power strip from Amazon. Because of the holiday, looks like it'll get here on Saturday.

That's a old school type heavy duty box. Loss coverage includes lightning strike surge. Nice!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That's a old school type heavy duty box. Loss coverage includes lightning strike surge. Nice!
Thanks, man! I just got it installed yesterday. Two of the transformers that I had plugged into my old strip started buzzing when I plugged them into this, so I left them on the old strip. That strip is 15+ years old, so I figured whatever surge protection it had is probably gone. That said, I hate the buzz...so I'm willing to risk those two things to keep it quiet. :)

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I bought a buttload of led light bulbs (42?) for the house.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis