What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Don't know yet. The woman in my life had "control" of the living room last night. I figured it was best to keep the auditiin for a night without a new "Big bang theory" or whatever other show it was.

I'm up too early the morning to test and audition them out thouroughly, but as far as I know, The Who is stereo/mono, and the Bladerunner Soundtrack would't switch to multi, so I assume it is a stereo mix.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
They are the Dali Helicon 300 MK2. Sure is a mouth full. I cannot even begin to say how much I like these. They actually make me want to stay at work longer just to listen to them. I almost feel it is not doing them justice to use then at work in my office but it is where I spend 8 hours each day listening to music so what better place really.

I am using them with an Emotiva XDA-1, Niles SI-245 amp, Denon CDM-280 Cd player and a laptop running Vortex Box with music ripped in FLAC. As it is an office I am listening at low levels but all the detail is there. I now understand when some of the reviewers refer to a veil being lifted from the music. Going from the 2031's to these it is one of the best ways to describe the sound difference.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Received this last week and put it together on Saturday with the help of my brother and my dad.

My daughter loves it. She says she has her very own park now. She's been playing on it about an hour and a half every evening since I put it together.

Also, I just picked this up at lunch today. I'd pre-ordered it from Amazon at the beginning of the month, but it still hadn't shipped as of last night. Checked Best Buy's website and they had them on sale for $20 off.

It's a living room keyboard. It's wireless, illuminated, rechargeable via micro USB, supports multitouch gestures, and otherwise pretty exciting for my HTPC.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
And my last HT purchase for a long long time to come... I had the Behringer Monitors removed and regular speaker wires placed this morning. These should be playing by the top of the hour :D.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Darn those speakers look classy! ADK congrats. I see you got what you wanted Rojo enjoy! I want to see that thing lit up come on now. :p What's on that sampler Z?

On Bluray. Should be Here Sat. or Mon. Ready for the bass track I've been reading about.:eek:

and this little audiophile thing...:D

If this works out the Wonderful Sony 595 might be going on sale.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
They are the Dali Helicon 300 MK2. Sure is a mouth full. I cannot even begin to say how much I like these. They actually make me want to stay at work longer just to listen to them. I almost feel it is not doing them justice to use then at work in my office but it is where I spend 8 hours each day listening to music so what better place really.

I am using them with an Emotiva XDA-1, Niles SI-245 amp, Denon CDM-280 Cd player and a laptop running Vortex Box with music ripped in FLAC. As it is an office I am listening at low levels but all the detail is there. I now understand when some of the reviewers refer to a veil being lifted from the music. Going from the 2031's to these it is one of the best ways to describe the sound difference.
Yup. Based on their reviews, you are definitely under utilizing them :).

I too am making a huge upgrade in my setup and hope to have a similar experience as your step up from the 2031's.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
What's on that sampler Z?

and this little audiophile thing...:D
If this works out the Wonderful Sony 595 might be going on sale.
It will be here tomorrow - some good Jazz recordings >>
19 track collection features Carla Normand with the New Deal Jazz Band, Mike Campbell with Tom Garvin, Bertric Reading,
Helen Forrest with Carmen Dragon, Claire Austin with Don Ewell, Marlene Ver Planck, Joe Derise with his Trio, Jacke Paris
with Carlos Franzetti, Chris Connor, Warren Vache Jr. and others.

Note: I would have bought the Rotel or Marantz changer, before the Sony.:)

If the Rotel works - then enjoy it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It will be here tomorrow - some good Jazz recordings >>
19 track collection features Carla Normand with the New Deal Jazz Band, Mike Campbell with Tom Garvin, Bertric Reading,
Helen Forrest with Carmen Dragon, Claire Austin with Don Ewell, Marlene Ver Planck, Joe Derise with his Trio, Jacke Paris
with Carlos Franzetti, Chris Connor, Warren Vache Jr. and others.

Note: I would have bought the Rotel or Marantz changer, before the Sony.:)

If the Rotel works - then enjoy it.
I'd have bought the Rotel before the Sony, maybe not the Marantz :) Having owned an older Marantz and had it replaced with a Sony ES, the Sony was a better sounding and better built player. They may not do a lot of things right, but the players from that era were decent. Not Rotel level though :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Cool let us know how ya like it. Yeah I wanted to see If I gear a difference between the Sony and Rotel. This deal was too darn good to pass up on the Rotel. I'll do a A-B comparison when it gets here next week. I'll post what I decide to do. I really don't need the SACD on the Sony, since the Oppo already has it. The Sony does sound really good though. :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I'd have bought the Rotel before the Sony, maybe not the Marantz :) Having owned an older Marantz and had it replaced with a Sony ES, the Sony was a better sounding and better built player. They may not do a lot of things right, but the players from that era were decent. Not Rotel level though :D
Since I do not like to plug a lot of things in anymore - my changer days are over.

I tend to play my CDs on a Bluray player - the Pioneer BDP-320 bit the dust, I do
miss the Pioneer - it was nice.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Cool let us know how ya like it. Yeah I wanted to see If I gear a difference between the Sony and Rotel. This deal was too darn good to pass up on the Rotel. I'll do a A-B comparison when it gets here next week. I'll post what I decide to do. I really don't need the SACD on the Sony, since the Oppo already has it. The Sony does sound really good though. :)
Do not listen too hard - listen to the music through your speakers.:)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I see you got what you wanted Rojo enjoy! I want to see that thing lit up come on now. :p
As you wish.

The keyboard is very quiet and a little spongy. It feels like a membrane key mechanism. If I were fuzz I'd disassemble it to find out for certain. :D But after snapping a key off my previous scissor key keyboard, I'm not disappointed with this one's construction. If I can't have buckling spring, then I'll take membrane.

The keys only stay illuminated for about 7 seconds after the last key press. I wouldn't mind having the ability to increase that timeout, but I can just tap a ctrl or shift key to bring the illumination back if I need it.

Minor complaints aside, I'm really glad I got it. It's not wafer thin like my Rapoo E9180P. It feels a great deal sturdier. It has honest-to-God mouse buttons. (It always irritated me that right-click-drag was impossible with my Rapoo.) And I can see it in the dark. w00p!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis