What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not a fan of silver-plating electrical or electronic components. Silver tarnishes and its conductivity diminishes. Rhodium is the best metal for plating for conductivity, hardness and resistance to tarnishing, but I don't think I've ever seen any rhodium-plated audio cables. Therefore, stick with gold-plated or unplated.

(Edit: now that I look at zieg's link, it looks they're not so much "silver-plated" as "silver-soldered", which I have no problem with.)

I'm a fan of KabelDirekt stuff. It's thick gauge, well shielded, and looks great. If you don't mind spending a little more, Blue Jeans Cable is a staple around here.

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Thanbks for the heads up on the cables, I will look into both options.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, looks like if you buy a KabelDirekt RCA cable on Amazon you can get your choice of a free mono sub / digital coax RCA cable, a toslink cable, an HDMI cable, or an F-Pin cable. They didn't have that last time I ordered. Too bad I've already got more cables than I need and my wife has started looking at me sideways whenever a new package arrives with my name on it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nice deal on a Used Sony SCD-CE595, should be here Fri or Sat hopefully...The DAC is suppose to be nice.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Nice deal on a Used Sony SCD-CE595, should be here Fri or Sat hopefully...The DAC is suppose to be nice.:D
Well then, I guess resistance was futile - hope it works out for you.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
View attachment 13581

I hate going into my HT Dealer, I always buy something !! :) He did have a person return a 2 day old Golden Ear ForceField 4, list $699 Purchased for $425.00. Decent sub, but was a match for the other one I have in my bedroom setup. Happy my little Integra 30.5 does 7.2

Please note my cables are not normally this sloppy :eek:

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well then, I guess resistance was futile - hope it works out for you.
I hope so too. If not no more Cd changers forme. It will suck having to play one cd at a time. The price was to good to pass up on the 595.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Well, I finally did it. After waiting for over half a year for the Rapoo E9090P to be released, I just pre-ordered... something different. :)

Logitech K830 -- wireless rechargeable illuminated keyboard with a touch pad. It doesn't have inductive charging like the Rapoo will have. But it does have a right mouse button, which I like better. And I'm sick of waiting.

Happy father's day, me!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got a new gym bag/all purpose duffle. I cheaped out on the last one and have regretted all 6 or so months of that. Now almost every zipper on it is broken and it's time to replace it.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Well, I finally did it. After waiting for over half a year for the Rapoo E9090P to be released, I just pre-ordered... something different. :)

Logitech K830 -- wireless rechargeable illuminated keyboard with a touch pad. It doesn't have inductive charging like the Rapoo will have. But it does have a right mouse button, which I like better. And I'm sick of waiting.

Happy father's day, me!
It looks like a nice keyboard but damn, it costs a lot!

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I don't see it being an impulse buy for many people. But it is much cheaper than the diNovo Edge, anyway, and with pretty much the same capabilities but with a larger touch pad.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I picked up 8 used CDs for $3 each at record store near my house that I never knew it existed.
Eric Clapton - Journeyman
Lynyrd Skynyrd - God & Gunes
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Nuthin' Fancy
Mark Knopfler - All The Roadrunning
Queen - A night At The Opera
Robert Plant - Manic Nirvana
ZZ Top - Antenna
ZZ Top - El Loco

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
JVC CD and HD radio - now, the Infinity reference speakers sound much better

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

She's here finally... :D Time to pull out some SACD/CD's. Hooray!!!:cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis