What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I love garage sales.

GPS for 2 bucks! And a Lego table for my daughter for ten.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
To go in the used Pontiac 2004 Grand AM that I bought - because those
Delco speakers had to go.:)

Infinity Reference car speakers (4 x 6 and 6 x 9) a good price from Amazon,
they are a clear step up over those old Delco (weak) speakers

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You probably saw that they do mention buying a second magnet, so they must have some ability to customize the sets. Also, they are probably going to sell an accessory to contain the magnet, which will be an add-on.
The guy e-mailed me back and said that for an extra $10, due to higher manufacturing costs I can get one of each aluminum, two copper, and a double stand. Now I'm just waiting to hear back on what I need to do in order to get that. Ka-Chow :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The guy e-mailed me back and said that for an extra $10, due to higher manufacturing costs I can get one of each aluminum, two copper, and a double stand. Now I'm just waiting to hear back on what I need to do in order to get that. Ka-Chow :D
An extra $10 compared to what? To get one of each aluminum, two copper, and a double stand would cost you how much in the end? I'm going to try to jump on that bandwagon!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
An extra $10 compared to what? To get one of each aluminum, two copper, and a double stand would cost you how much in the end? I'm going to try to jump on that bandwagon!
Oops, that probably would've been pertinent information. Compared to the $149 Fluximum package. So it's basically what you already got, plus one each of the aluminum tubes. He told me to just pick the fluximum, change the amount to $159 and he'll make sure I get the right package. Pretty sweet :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I would like to know how the ISO-COOL pillow turns out.
So far the rectangular prism iso-cool pillow has been awesome. The contoured one just wasn't right for me and gave me neck stiffness. Both pillows are fairly heavy and the foam is somewhere in between a regular pillow and a firm tempurpedic. IMO, soft but not too soft, while firm but not too firm. So far it's the Goldilocks of pillows for me. It does stay cooler than other pillows I've tried, both foam and conventional, and stayed comfortable all night. I know my body likes it because I turn into a lightish sleeper on anything I don't find to be comfortable and relatively cool, whereas with this pillow I was out like a light and stayed that way until I had to get up to go to the bathroom this morning. After I crawled back into bed I slept through my alarm and didn't wake until 10:30. So that a pretty strong indicator for me that the pillow is pretty good so far. Plus, if the foam ever hardens up or anything goes the other way, there's a 15 year warranty on it.

If there's anything else you want to know about it just let me know.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I went and did it. Two copper, a stand that holds two tubes, one silver, and a black anodized.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I went and did it. Two copper, a stand that holds two tubes, one silver, and a black anodized.
Ahhh, just to confirm - for $40 more than the package with two copper tubes and a stand, you also got one plain aluminum and one black anodized aluminum tube - correct? So, $20 for each aluminum tube?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Ahhh, just to confirm - for $40 more than the package with two copper tubes and a stand, you also got one plain aluminum and one black anodized aluminum tube - correct? So, $20 for each aluminum tube?
Correct. I also believe he said that if you get the fluximum package + $10 you need to specify that you want the double stand, otherwise it will ship with the single stand. There is no upcharge for the double stand.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I did not buy it - however, Amazon thinks that I did.:)

Will put it thru the test, to see how it sounds with the MB Quart Vera speakers

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
I just pulled the trigger for OPPO BDP-103. Should have it Monday, next week. Couldn't do the 105, but the 103 seems to be quite competent, and I want to hear my SACDs without the re-coding to a PCM stream required for HDMI transport, like my current Sony BDP S5100 requires.

I'm not sure of what level of audio improvement to expect, but a few people said it would be minimal, and a few others said I would be bowled over... Can't wait to find out for myself.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just pulled the trigger for OPPO BDP-103. Should have it Monday, next week. Couldn't do the 105, but the 103 seems to be quite competent, and I want to hear my SACDs without the re-coding to a PCM stream required for HDMI transport, like my current Sony BDP S5100 requires.
Are you going to use the analog outputs? I didn't see DSD decoding mentioned in the manual for your AVR-3600.

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Yes, using the analog outputs is the objective. They are what motivated my purchase.

My AVR does not do DSD as far as I know. I believe my sound was being transcoded on the fly to a PCM stream by the Sony unit. The AVR always showed it the input stream as being PCM 176.4Khrz. I was getting some of the benefits; like those stemming better mastering and recording, but fear I was losing out on playback because of my player's lack of uncompressed transport.

Now, I'll be on the hunt for good quality RCAs with a price I can live with, so I can connect this puppy without losing too much. (Any and all suggestions welcome.)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis