Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well, you could get new dimmers. ;) :D Kudos on the LEDs, though, my man. I have one in my whole house. Works great, but dang, they are expensive.

Speaking of shopping, time to head to the grocery store. The poor birdies have been without a refill all day, and I want to get something tasty for Niki. It's been a cereal day so far.
Yeah, they aren't cheap, but after crunching the numbers, these should pay for themselves within a couple of years. Would be quicker if it weren't for having to leave one of the 50W bulbs in the circuit. Oh, and the dimmers were about $40 each. Not replacing that....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I know, there's always that temptation to be the cool guy on the block with the LED lights.:D
They aren't worth the money just yet, unfortunately.
The sweet spot (price wise) is in florescent bulbs. As long as the dimmers are compatible.
They do look kinda space-agey.:D These same bulbs were over $20 each just a few months ago. I got them for $12.50 each today. If it wasn't for the fact that my wife has these lights on for several hours a day, I wouldn't have bothered. And that's the only place in the house that I have LED's. Everything else is CFL.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
They do look kinda space-agey.:D These same bulbs were over $20 each just a few months ago. I got them for $12.50 each today. If it wasn't for the fact that my wife has these lights on for several hours a day, I wouldn't have bothered. And that's the only place in the house that I have LED's. Everything else is CFL.
Did you ever think there would be a day that we were conditioned to think $12.50 was a good price for a light bulb?:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Did you ever think there would be a day that we were conditioned to think $12.50 was a good price for a light bulb?:D
Admittedly, no.:eek: When they first came out, I refused to buy them, as I'd probably be dead and buried before they paid for themselves. But, if I come out ahead within a couple of years, that works for me.:)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That recess is begging to have a projector screen stretched across it :) or maybe the NHT 1.5.
I've thought about both, but I'm happy with the NHTs and don't want to deal with the extra work (and noise) of a projector.

So, the birds shall continue to feast. :D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I've thought about both, but I'm happy with the NHTs and don't want to deal with the extra work (and noise) of a projector.

So, the birds shall continue to feast. :D
Fair enough. You need to turn in your Audioholics card... :p.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Effen blast it I always check the forum at the wrong time I missed the juicy red head :( who purchased the wig and changed there name

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Got rear ended (a car hit my car from behind, for those who are curious :)) on Sunday. Forehead slammed into my steering wheel. Thought I might have a mild concussion. Was still feeling out of sorts yesterday, so I went to the ER. They also said I probably have a mild concussion. I guess those are hard to diagnose. Still feeling out of sorts today, but I guess you can feel like that for weeks after bashing your head. They told me if I have any nausea or vomiting to come on back.

Dealing with my insurance so far has been painless, but it usually is (I have USAA). I've made a couple claims in the last few years, but none with me as the at fault driver. I've also been in at least 8 accidents in the last 8 years :(

The at fault driver has State Farm and the rep who called me yesterday was also pretty nice. They haven't been able to get ahold of their driver to receive her statement, but it's pretty obvious that it was her fault, so hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Head injuries could be nasty and always apparent right away. hope you feel good and car will get sorted shortly.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Got rear ended (a car hit my car from behind, for those who are curious :)). Forehead slammed into my steering wheel. Thought I might have a mild concussion. Was still feeling out of sorts yesterday, so I went to the ER. They also said I probably have a mild concussion. I guess those are hard to diagnose. Still feeling out of sorts today, but I guess you can feel like that for weeks after bashing your head. They told me if I have any nausea or vomiting to come on back.

Dealing with my insurance so far has been painless, but it usually is (I have USAA). I've made a couple claims in the last few years, but none with me as the at fault driver. I've also been in at least 8 accidents in the last 8 years :(

The at fault driver has State Farm and the rep who called me yesterday was also pretty nice. They haven't been able to get ahold of their driver to receive her statement, but it's pretty obvious that it was her fault, so hopefully this gets resolved quickly.
This is a real SH#¤T, hope all will be OK!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis