Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Trying a new email app. Cloud magic. So far so good, although the name reminds me of my cousin who has created a quite a few "magic clouds" in his day. And yet he's the one with a real teaching job :rolleyes:

majorloser

majorloser

Anybody Seen Alex?

Did he move to the Caribbean?

<object width="560" height="315">

<embed width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/v/pSm7BcQHWXk?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></object>

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Any word? :)
Nah. I won't hear anything until mid/end of May. In MD, the schools are organized by county so everything goes through the main county offices. Whereas NY does things by town. So NY, the principal or superintendent will be the one making the job offer. In MD, they submit their recommendations to HR at the county and then HR makes the calls. Some schools I interviewed at will be submitting their recommendations this weekend, some will likely be doing it by the end of next week, then the calls will go out.

This school is my first choice, although it's a bit of a long shot. They have a lot of in district transfer requests and I'm sure a fair amount of new applicants for one position.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty brave taking a picture of the cops that were looking for you. Even more brave doing it with your pants still down.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Pretty brave taking a picture of the cops that were looking for you. Even more brave doing it with your pants still down.
Nah, that's in NY. In MD, I'm still an unknown quantity :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
They are an absolute blast. I have the 500,000 BTU one and it has definitely come in handy.
After erasing a remark that involved...never mind...I decided to geek out and remark about "BTU."

[GEEK]"500,000 BTU" is like saying that you saw a car race by at 90 miles.[/GEEK]

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Nah. I won't hear anything until mid/end of May. In MD, the schools are organized by county so everything goes through the main county offices. Whereas NY does things by town. So NY, the principal or superintendent will be the one making the job offer. In MD, they submit their recommendations to HR at the county and then HR makes the calls. Some schools I interviewed at will be submitting their recommendations this weekend, some will likely be doing it by the end of next week, then the calls will go out.

This school is my first choice, although it's a bit of a long shot. They have a lot of in district transfer requests and I'm sure a fair amount of new applicants for one position
All the best of luck to you !!!!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Did he move to the Caribbean?

<object height="315" width="560">

<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/pSm7BcQHWXk?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="315" width="560"></object>

I think he gave us up for Lent...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
When I renovated my HT room a couple of years ago, I installed 3 circuits of 6 recessed lights each, which use GU10 bulbs - 50 watt halogen bulbs came with the fixtures. I also installed Lutron MIR-600 dimmers for each circuit. That's 900 watts when all lights are on at full brightness. As high as that is, the lights were on for such short periods, that I wasn't overly concerned about the power consumption. Since then, my wife has started working from home and now the HT room also serves as her home office, where she spends about 25 hours per week. She uses the centre circuit when she's working, so now the power consumption is a bit more of a concern.

The price of LED bulbs has recently come down and the power rates have gone up, so I can easily justify replacing the halogen bulbs in that circuit. This morning, I went to Home Depot to get bags of lime for the lawn, so I picked up 6 x 6 watt Phillips dimmable LED bulbs. I replaced one bulb and turned on the circuit - the quality of the light was very nice and in fact, seemed a bit brighter than the 50 watt halogen. I tried the dimmer and it worked perfectly. So, I continued changing bulbs and when all 6 were done I turned on the lights again

WTF!? :confused::eek: They flickered for a few seconds and paused, flickered a few more seconds and paused - you get the picture. I turned them off and scratched my head - "what's going on here?", I wondered. I removed one bulb and replaced it with a halogen - the circuit worked perfectly, including the dimmer. I put the LED back in - problem returned. Time to look for the dimmer manual. And I quote: "Do not use where total lamp wattage is less than 60W...". Sonofa...!:mad: Solution - leave one 50W halogen bulb in the circuit. :rolleyes: So, instead of going from 300W to 36W, I'm only going down to 80W. Oh well, it's an improvement...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, you could get new dimmers. ;) :D Kudos on the LEDs, though, my man. I have one in my whole house. Works great, but dang, they are expensive.

Speaking of shopping, time to head to the grocery store. The poor birdies have been without a refill all day, and I want to get something tasty for Niki. It's been a cereal day so far.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Out back, watching the birds eat. They sure are hungry after not having much before now. I try to put more food out during nesting season, but it won't be anything like the 20 to 50 lbs/day that I did last Spring.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
When I renovated my HT room a couple of years ago, I installed 3 circuits of 6 recessed lights each, which use GU10 bulbs - 50 watt halogen bulbs came with the fixtures. I also installed Lutron MIR-600 dimmers for each circuit. That's 900 watts when all lights are on at full brightness. As high as that is, the lights were on for such short periods, that I wasn't overly concerned about the power consumption. Since then, my wife has started working from home and now the HT room also serves as her home office, where she spends about 25 hours per week. She uses the centre circuit when she's working, so now the power consumption is a bit more of a concern.

The price of LED bulbs has recently come down and the power rates have gone up, so I can easily justify replacing the halogen bulbs in that circuit. This morning, I went to Home Depot to get bags of lime for the lawn, so I picked up 6 x 6 watt Phillips dimmable LED bulbs. I replaced one bulb and turned on the circuit - the quality of the light was very nice and in fact, seemed a bit brighter than the 50 watt halogen. I tried the dimmer and it worked perfectly. So, I continued changing bulbs and when all 6 were done I turned on the lights again

WTF!? :confused::eek: They flickered for a few seconds and paused, flickered a few more seconds and paused - you get the picture. I turned them off and scratched my head - "what's going on here?", I wondered. I removed one bulb and replaced it with a halogen - the circuit worked perfectly, including the dimmer. I put the LED back in - problem returned. Time to look for the dimmer manual. And I quote: "Do not use where total lamp wattage is less than 60W...". Sonofa...!:mad: Solution - leave one 50W halogen bulb in the circuit. :rolleyes: So, instead of going from 300W to 36W, I'm only going down to 80W. Oh well, it's an improvement...
I know, there's always that temptation to be the cool guy on the block with the LED lights.:D
They aren't worth the money just yet, unfortunately.
The sweet spot (price wise) is in florescent bulbs. As long as the dimmers are compatible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis