Post Your Home Theater Here!

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
Pretty wild that e1 including the warranty place says that's what happened. But it never even gets hot, no where like my 605 does that almost burns my hand sometimes. My 605 is 6yrs old and been in much more closed in spaces before. It has gotten a little warm but NEVER HOT the 818 that is! I've got a whole thread over at another forum going over my grief about it. Not sure I can say where but its the name of our media we use. BTW thanks ReUpRo

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah keep them doors open. Try to put your OHM to 4 to keep the heat down on the 818. You can get a cheap 3 fan laptop fan from amazon and put it on top with air flowing out. That's what I use on mine and no heat problems. No that's not my setup. That stand has 9 inches so it should work nicely with your center. my setup is here: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/pros-joes-systems-gallery/84763-afterlife2s-setup-finally-brace-yourself-always-thankful-my-audioholics-friends.html#post957255

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
I thought that reducing my receiver to 4ohms would hurt my speakers or my amp. And this is the cooler i bought on amazon. It was on sale for 23.00 instead of 55.00. I looked ath site and I saw measurements between 7-8in but no one can agree. If it's 8 I'd be o.k I think. Good looking setup sir I like it.
[h=1]Antec Low Profile AV Component Cooler for Media PC Home Theater Products[/h]

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
My system is in my bedroom because I don't have a spare room to use as a theater and don't want my gear in the Family room because I have small kids.

Marantz SR6008 receiver
Intel NUC HTPC
Xbox One
Verizon FiOS Motorola STB
Vizio 42" LCD
MB Quart Vera VS05B front and rear speakers, VS01C center speaker, and a very old Def Tech Powerfield 15 sub

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looking good there Lu. I envy you and your new speakers. Is the TV on top of the center itself or wall mounted?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks good. My only critique would be to angle the surround speakers towards the front of the room more to avoid hard reflections off of the the rear wall that looks very close to them.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:135%;}</style>

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Looks good. My only critique would be to angle the surround speakers towards the front of the room more to avoid hard reflections off of the the rear wall that looks very close to them.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:135%;}</style>
Good point. I will try that tomorrow.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Hi guys anyone have cerwin speakers? Curiouse to see them

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

deodra

deodra

Audiophyte
Hi guys anyone have cerwin speakers? Curiouse to see them

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk
I use a CV sub and have two CV fronts.
They are the older model LW-12 and LS-12's. Honestly, they sound amazing.

If you want pics, I can take them. We just recently moved to Texas and are in a rental, so things aren't where I'd really like them to be.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I use a CV sub and have two CV fronts.
They are the older model LW-12 and LS-12's. Honestly, they sound amazing.

If you want pics, I can take them. We just recently moved to Texas and are in a rental, so things aren't where I'd really like them to be.
Verey nice if you could take photos that'd be grate

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

G

Griffin.R

Audioholic Intern
Ok let me start off by saying the following images depict a very non-ideal home stereo setup but I worked with what I had. I had a minimal budget so I used things I already had and bought very little (what I did buy I felt was highest quality for budget) I guess I will start with what I have.
Loudspeakers are Bose 901 series v direct, reflecting, these are something my father had before he passed and I know he had them serviced (speaker foam issue) a few years back. I also know many of you don’t like the Bose but I found these quite appealing and free of cost.
The sub is just something I picked up at best buy it’s a pioneer sw-8 was like $120 and all that I needed
The receiver is a Yamaha Rx-v371 also from best buy like $229 and is just be used as a pre amp even though I know it could be used as a stereo receiver and actually power the speakers and sub.
Now here’s where it gets interesting, the amplifier is ancient its an old Yamaha m-80 and weighing in at 45lbs according to the manual I love this thing because it puts out a ton of power and the equalizers look pretty sick and it powers both speakers and the sub through speaker cable because it only has those ports and one set of imports and that’s it on this thing.
The TV is the big expense I bought this year it’s a 46” Samsung smart 1080P TV was like $600 before black Friday and then it went up later.
I have a ps3 also hooked up through everything, a Sony cd 5 disc changer because why not, and I can play music from computer, iPod, or from the TV web browser as well. I will also have an apple TV next week that will make some of the online capabilities much greater. I do have to say I love my direct tv service and when I had dish it was awful. You can see in one of the pics how awfully shaped this room is and how I wasn’t able to use all the space because it also has to function as a bedroom and it hold my couch haha. So this is my not so up to par system, feel free to criticize all you want I cant wait to hear.IMG_0409.jpg
the other images aren't attaching ill try to figure this out.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I think it looks good. I only thing is I think the TV should be in the middle on the room, but that's it. Cool shaped room too. Have FUN and enjoy!

G

Griffin.R

Audioholic Intern
thanks, i would have the tv in the center but behind it are the stairs and coming up past that speaker would be to narrow if it was pushed out.

G

Griffin.R

Audioholic Intern
it seems to tell me my other pictures are not proper format even though they are the same as the one above so ill try later today to get pictures up.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
it seems to tell me my other pictures are not proper format even though they are the same as the one above so ill try later today to get pictures up.
You can't flip it so that the couch is by the stairs? Although I have no idea what's behind the couch so maybe flipping wouldn't work. You should sketch out a floorplan. Doesn't have to be perfect, lord knows some of the images I've sketched out and posted have been deciphered so I'm sure you'd be fine.

G

Griffin.R

Audioholic Intern
snapshot.jpg
ok i gave it a shot, not perfect but just reference the picture and the diagram you should get it, the couch is about 3' from edge of bed and why don't they have speakers on room layout programs? argghhh

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
View attachment 13639
ok i gave it a shot, not perfect but just reference the picture and the diagram you should get it, the couch is about 3' from edge of bed and why don't they have speakers on room layout programs? argghhh
Cool, even better than what I was thinking. It all depends on what you're comfortable with, but if it were me, I think I would either flip the room or flip it and rotate the entertainment area 90 degrees so that the TV is against the wall you can see in the picture. I'm not sure what either configuration would look like or how it would function in real life, but it's a thought if you ever get bored one weekend.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis