Best low bass music recordings ...CD/DVDA... anyone?

I

IanU

Audioholic Intern
Low bass and bass drum

This one goes low but it is an Upright bass and I believe the bottom note is 40 hz, The bass drum on this recording goes even lower to maybe 25 hz ..?
Can somebody measure it ?

listen to track 3, 7, and 9 here;Carmen Gomes Inc - Torn (SE) and see if it is low enough, anyway it is a great sounding Jazz/blues album, one of the best sounding of my collection.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
The Haxan Cloak - Excavation:

tumblr_mh6zd7eb3x1qen14vo1_500.jpg
It's a dark, eerie, atmospheric electronic album that's like a full-on exploration of what you can do with bass frequencies, including lots of low, low stuff. Unlike most electronic bass recommendations, I really like this - it isn't dance music (at all), it doesn't assault you with loud bass just for effect but really uses it musically, and it's really unlike anything else I've ever heard (Ben Frost, another experimental/electronic artist, is probably the closest thing I've heard).

Last edited:
S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Kanye West Love Lockdown has the lowest bass I've ever heard. I had to re foam my JBL B380 and up the power to it to 560 watts to appreciate the tune at a realistic volume.

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
Massive Attack - Mezzanine has great music with deep bass without being dubstep or house or trance.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Massive Attack - Mezzanine has great music with deep bass without being dubstep or house or trance.
Most of their albums do. 100th Window is a better album IMO and has some great tracks for bass. Protection is my favorite album from them though.

Orbital - In Sides - basically every track has impressive bass, but very much trance. Their album Middle of Nowhere is a bit more mellow and varied and has some great tracks, but not all of them are great.

From In Sides (probably their second best known track after the Mortal Kombat track) :

Meat Beat Manifesto - RUOK - quite possibly the most bass heavy album I own. This is a good example of the album and probably my favorite track on it:

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
Cool, I'll check out 100th Window. I know one more that you like too, Linkin Park - Reanimation :).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
100th Window is fairly mellow for Massive Attack, but I like it. Protection is in between the two with some of the good funky basslines and some more upbeat tracks, but the soft stuff too and the title track with EBTG's Tracy Thorn is phenomenal IMO.

100th window - Special Cases, Feat Sinead O'Connor

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
I love the Meat Beat Manifesto track. CD will be bought asap.

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
The soundtrack for Pi has great music. Plus it has dialogue from the movie perfectly blended in to convey the insanity of the movie. Absolutely love it.

Very much like the Meat Beat Manifesto track above.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Here's another solid track from that album. They're so funky :)

The soundtrack for Pi has great music. Plus it has dialogue from the movie perfectly blended in to convey the insanity of the movie. Absolutely love it.
Pi soundtrack is actually how I found a few new artists at the time. I believe I bought Orbital In Sides because of it, PETROL is featured on the soundtrack. IIRC, not on the ablum, but the movie features it in at least one scene...one of my favorite tracks from BT - Fibonacci Sequence (mathematics is the language of nature...), which is referenced in the movie.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LMAO. Just found this one...I've never heard it and apparently it was just waiting for this thread

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Some nice low bass here. I'm listening to it now on CD.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Great Bass on this Jazz/R&B classic. Great CD for alot of reasons that I won't go into.:D One of the few CD's I use for fine tuning a new sub.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Some nice low bass here. I'm listening to it now on CD.

There was some pretty good bass on pretty much all of the albums from about Music for the Masses on, especially the B-sides and remixes from Violator. The DTS CDs are pretty darn impressive too.

Here's a favorite B-side. TOTALLY worth picking up the World in My Eyes single for. I believe I actually have these on vinyl

and Policy of Truth

H

halojoy

Audiophyte
Jennifer Warnes: The Hunter [Private Music 01005-82089-2]. Tracks 8

Is a very good song for low bass.
Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com