Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I want stuff from the store, but I don't want to have to go there.

Hey, Irv, is your housekeeper looking to move to Tucson?
I worked today and did exactly that on the way home, you know all the fine folks lining up to buy milk and bread , milk and bread , milk and bread , snow coming snow coming snow coming get gas get candles get milk and bread, so funny I just wanted a twelve pack of Stella

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I want stuff from the store, but I don't want to have to go there.

Hey, Irv, is your housekeeper looking to move to Tucson?

You can't have her, shes mine... You may be onto something with the polish bacon grease, lol... She also gets my boots super shiny, and my dogs love licking on them...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Getting ready to be pounded by another mini blizzard, expecting 10-12 inches of snow tonight through Monday evening. Me and Wifey are all cozy by the fire getting ready for a movie marathon, gonna start off with the movie "MUD". Her choice.
You can keep that snow down there :p

Speaking of down that way. I just got notified I'm getting a screening interview for any possible openings not too far away from Philly. I applied to a county that's more or less right smack in between Baltimore and Philly.

majorloser

majorloser

Thanks, Dave. Will that turn colored grout white? My grout is not white.
Hydrogen peroxide is a very strong oxidizer that reacts with organics very quickly. It also neutralizes immediately with water or basically converts to water once the extra oxygen molecule is used. Unlike bleach which only becomes dilute when mixed with water.

Most stains in your grout are organic based and will be quickly consumed by H2O2. Grout coloring, for the most part, is mineral based. If bleach doesn't hurt it than neither will peroxide. You can try some household peroxide in an inconspicuous place and see if it foams. The foam will indicate the presence of organics. But it probably won't do much more than make a little foam. This is why you will need something stronger than household peroxide which is only 3%. It is made to disinfect and be safe for skin contact.

For what it's worth, I use very large quantities of 35% H2O2 at work. So maybe some of has made it's way into my house and it may have come in a nalgene wash bottle from the lab.

Just sayin'

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
You can keep that snow down there :p
We're getting rain now, sleet tonight until midnight, and snow until sometime tomorrow. 6 to 8 inches of snow, on top of the sleet. I'm OK with that as long as there's no freezing rain :eek:. Ask me again tomorrow after I shovel out, if I still think its OK.

Speaking of down that way. I just got notified I'm getting a screening interview for any possible openings not too far away from Philly. I applied to a county that's more or less right smack in between Baltimore and Philly.
Good luck. In Pennsylvania or Maryland?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Hydrogen peroxide
Usually I ignore the interactive ads, but as soon as this topic showed up, I started seeing some eye opening adds for getting rid of bedbugs.

It can be fun to alter the subjects, just to see what ads show up.

Let's talk toilets!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
We're getting rain now, sleet tonight until midnight, and snow until sometime tomorrow. 6 to 8 inches of snow, on top of the sleet. I'm OK with that as long as there's no freezing rain :eek:. Ask me again tomorrow after I shovel out, if I still think its OK.
Luckily for us up here, the storm stayed South of us. The snow is still in 12-15ft mounds in most parking lots, the last thing we needed was more. Although that probably doesn't make anyone in the path of the storm feel any better :p

Good luck. In Pennsylvania or Maryland?
MD. Still not sure if anything will actually come of it since this is just a screening interview, but it's more than I've gotten from the 100+ applications I've sent out in NY. So that's something.

EDIT: If I do end up with a job down there (knock on wood) I'll be close enough to bother Dennis in person instead of just through e-mail. He'll also get to meet the person he entrusted with his website. Maybe I won't tell him if I do after all...........

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Come on, you can do better than that.

I searched toilets on Amazon, and arranged it to show them from high price to low. Coming out on top is

Toto MS992CUMFG#01 Neorest 1.0 GPF and 0.8 GPF 700H Dual Flush Toilet, Cotton White - Amazon.com

Scroll down and read the customer reviews :D.

Bathroom humor never gets old.

Edit: FaucetDirect ads are already showing up – toilets seats are popping up everywhere.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Btw, check out the reviews for five-pound bags of Haribo sugar free gummy bears. Hilarious. :)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Btw, check out the reviews for five-pound bags of Haribo sugar free gummy bears. Hilarious. :)
The gummy bear reviews are a new form of art :D. It makes "all you can eat burrito night" look amateurish in comparison.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The gummy bear reviews are a new form of art :D. It makes "all you can eat burrito night" look amateurish in comparison.
I seriously wanted to get some, but the price has been too high every time that I've looked. I'm a fan of flushing everything out of "there."

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Before this I was having a serious conversation with Haraldo about how the Russians suck. Now I've laughed so hard about the gummy bears, I don't dare say anything else on that subject. The only thing I can think of is Ukraine might be circling the drain.

And I really don't want him to take it wrong and get insulted.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I am informed by my readers that I should learn something about Adblock software. (However, in response, I would have missed out on all the toilet / gummy bear hilarity if I had blocked these ads.)

Please, can anyone give me the short version of Adblock 101?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Please, can anyone give me the short version of Adblock 101?
Sure - just install it. There's not much more to it. :) Use one of the default filter list (or lists), and that'll get most things. You can also right-click on ads and block them (or their web domains).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis