Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Which one did you go with? I have tried a few and I can't find one that I love.
I went to settings > language and input > and then switched the default keyboard from the Samsung keyboard to a different one.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I hate cleaning grout. Hate it.

Well, to be more accurate - I hate working to clean grout, only to have it not get clean. Actually cleaning it would be nice.

majorloser

majorloser

Well, to be more accurate - I hate working to clean grout, only to have it not get clean. Actually cleaning it would be nice.
Get your hands on some 35% H2O2. There is also 50% available, but it's too reactive. The peroxide will bleach out the grout lines and remove the organics. It only takes a very small amount drizzled on the grout only.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Get your hands on some 35% H2O2. There is also 50% available, but it's too reactive. The peroxide will bleach out the grout lines and remove the organics. It only takes a very small amount drizzled on the grout only.
magic eraser for grout, amazing...

majorloser

majorloser

Use a nalgene wash bottle and a good pair of nitril or PVC gloves with peroxide. This ain't the cheap stuff you get at the local drug store.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai

When you finally get it clean (up to your standards) you should think about maybe applying some type of grout sealer to help ease the pain next time.
Clean and Seal Grout

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Dave. Will that turn colored grout white? My grout is not white.

magic eraser for grout, amazing...
Thanks. I've been using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for years on the grout - cleans the surfaces stains, but not what is under the surface. Oxiclean does a decent job, though.

When you finally get it clean (up to your standards) you should think about maybe applying some type of grout sealer to help ease the pain next time.
Clean and Seal Grout
Thanks. I sealed it per the installers directions (and used the stuff that I had to go to the professional store to get), but it got dirty fast anyway. I certainly might have sealed it wrong. Once I get it clean...if I ever do...I'll be sealing it again.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks. I've been using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for years on the grout - cleans the surfaces stains, but not what is under the surface. Oxiclean does a decent job, though.
What is under your surface stains? how many layers of stains do you have, maybe you need to regrout, lol... My housekeeper uses the sponges and my grout looks new, she only does it once a month....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What is under your surface stains?
My guess would be oil and dirt from Niki's skin that has soaked through. The grout is primarily dirty where she lays down.

My housekeeper uses the sponges and my grout looks new, she only does it once a month....
Yeah, but she probably uses some secret Polish bacon-based cleanser on it. Better not tell your wife that, or you'll never have clean grout again.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I want stuff from the store, but I don't want to have to go there.

Hey, Irv, is your housekeeper looking to move to Tucson?

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Getting ready to be pounded by another mini blizzard, expecting 10-12 inches of snow tonight through Monday evening. Me and Wifey are all cozy by the fire getting ready for a movie marathon, gonna start off with the movie "MUD". Her choice.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I was just informed that the Movie shall start at 8 , :cool: , really now..

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
This coming from the one that can't turn on the oppo and AVR together, oh buoy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis