What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Nothing new, but I made a few changes in the set-up. By Alex's recommendation.

Went from this arrangement A

to this B

What do you think?? Which is better, A or B set-up?

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
Walter, did you lose soundstage? Seems like 'A' would be closer to the equilateral triangle concept.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Walter, did you lose soundstage? Seems like 'A' would be closer to the equilateral triangle concept.
This afternoon I'll check it out, last night was a little late. I'll get back to you.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I like A for more of a wider soundstage. Nice setup. Wish I could make noise like you.:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
This afternoon I'll check it out, last night was a little late. I'll get back to you.
I like A for more of a wider soundstage. Nice setup. Wish I could make noise like you.:D
FWIW, I doubt the soundstage has shrunk by much. Based on what I heard with them in setup A, I would guess that the imaging has actually probably improved with the new placement.

Also FWIW, Dolby recommends more of an isosceles triangle for the front L/R. A 44/68/68 triangle to be exact.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

to this B

I'm just wondering why you have your bar fridges mixed in with your HT.:confused:

:D

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I'm just wondering why you have your bar fridges mixed in with your HT.:confused:

:D
Are you referring to my subs?? They are kind of big, or the towers are too small?

Last edited:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai

to this B

I'm liking B, just looks better and the Guiness helps with everything no matter what the circumstance.

Edit* I was going to ask about soundstage as well but the way the A setup is I think the speakers are straightforward not utilizing any toe in and the B setup is definitely without a toe in so I would tend to think B would be better with speakers of this size and caliber, if there was any difference would it even be audible here, prolly not.

Awesome set-up Walter, you Rock and Roll like no other !

Last edited:
walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
The TV is too small.:)
I know, but I have to get my money's worth out of this one. It's the Pioneer Elite Pro which I purchased in 04 or 05 and you don't want to know how much that set me back. It's still a great display and I am a plasma guy.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I'm liking B, just looks better and the Guiness helps with everything no matter what the circumstance.

Edit* I was going to ask about soundstage as well but the way the A setup is I think the speakers are straightforward not utilizing any toe in and the B setup is definitely without a toe in so I would tend to think B would be better with speakers of this size and caliber, if there was any difference would it even be audible here, prolly not.

Awesome set-up Walter, you Rock and Roll like no other !
You can't see it in the pictures but the towers are set up toe in. The 2 arrangements do seem to sound different. It did have a bigger sound stage, but B looks better to me and my wife likes it a lot better too (not that it matters what she thinks, it's my setup). I am happy with the the way it sounds now too, but it does sound different. I am not saying one is better than the other, just different. They both rock. I still have to play with it a little more, but this is staying the way it is. Plus sound memory is short, it's not like I can do AB testing.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Picked some old school Pioneer BOFU 8" full-rangers for some playin' around projects

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
The 2 arrangements do seem to sound different... I still have to play with it a little more, but this is staying the way it is. Plus sound memory is short, it's not like I can do AB testing.
If you have a receiver with auto setup, don't forget to rerun it. If not, at least correct the distance settings and try both without EQ.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

to this B

Can't choose either without hearing it :) But I'd lean toward B being the one that sounds better.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis