Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I am seriously thinking about a change in my HT, I wonder if there could possibly be any interest in some of my equipment , I think its time to let go of the DIY subs one ep 2500 pro amp and of course the dcx 2496, what could this be worth to somebody and do you guys think there would be interest.
kappa 1-
kappa 2-
It would have to be pretty serious upgrade you're thinking about!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I am seriously thinking about a change in my HT, I wonder if there could possibly be any interest in some of my equipment , I think its time to let go of the DIY subs one ep 2500 pro amp and of course the dcx 2496, what could this be worth to somebody and do you guys think there would be interest.
kappa 1-
kappa 2-
You'd probably need to freight them and that's simply unpractical IMO. I believe you are in Philly so maybe you can arrange a half way with someone.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
kappa 1-
kappa 2-
Rob I think I may be the closest to you.
With my tool box taking up room in the back of my truck I might have to make two trips.:D
If I only had the room..... I need them like another hole in the head. Though my tells me that about all my speaker purchases.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Oh yeah....between Alex & Mark it wasn't easy to keep from laughing!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
I've heard Mark's story before, the other one I missed.
Next time I'll have to grill less and BS more.:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Watching Kelly Evens make Robert Benmosche squirm a little bit is more amusing than I thought it would be.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So the kid was driving down the street, minding his own business, when a friggin tree fell on his car... Nobody injured again, just car damage; car is drivable but the damages are likely in excess of the value of the car in the insurance's eyes, so we'll have to see what happens. The fire department happened to be on scene at the time already and witnessed the whole thing. Both PD and FD said it is the city's responsibility because of where the tree was and where it fell.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
So the kid was driving down the street, minding his own business, when a friggin tree fell on his car... Nobody injured again, just car damage; car is drivable but the damages are likely in excess of the value of the car in the insurance's eyes, so we'll have to see what happens. The fire department happened to be on scene at the time already and witnessed the whole thing. Both PD and FD said it is the city's responsibility because of where the tree was and where it fell.
Glad he's OK! I think I'd have needed a change of undies if that happened to me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Glad he's OK! I think I'd have needed a change of undies if that happened to me.
Worse than it sounds because a branch went through the windshield, so basically, his passenger was REALLY lucky and barely escaped injury. Told them both to buy a lottery ticket.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Worse than it sounds because a branch went through the windshield, so basically, his passenger was REALLY lucky and barely escaped injury. Told them both to buy a lottery ticket.
I was just saying to a friend yesterday that the reality of it is that you don't know that you're going to be okay for the next 5 minutes. Clearly I was right ... as usual. :rolleyes:

I've heard Mark's story before, the other one I missed.
Next time I'll have to grill less and BS more.:D
The cat story or the fat girl story?

Mark's story is a pretty good one but I am unconvinced that he stopped. :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
It would have to be pretty serious upgrade you're thinking about!
Nothing out of the ordinary , I would like , I think , to remove the kappa perfects and the dcx 2496 and of course the power source ep2500 , then replace the set up with an all in one unit from HSU/SVS for the ease of connection and so on maybe a pair of matching subs in a piano black to match my Carnegies and I may even let the Pioneer SC37 go as well and pick up a 7.2/9.2 receiver that offers a true pass thru, that issue has bothered me to no end. Maybe I am getting too picky about my HT set-up, who knows, but change is good sometimes.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Nothing out of the ordinary , I would like , I think , to remove the kappa perfects and the dcx 2496 and of course the power source ep2500 , then replace the set up with an all in one unit from HSU/SVS for the ease of connection and so on maybe a pair of matching subs in a piano black to match my Carnegies and I may even let the Pioneer SC37 go as well and pick up a 7.2/9.2 receiver that offers a true pass thru, that issue has bothered me to no end. Maybe I am getting too picky about my HT set-up, who knows, but change is good sometimes.
People are smart ... and lazy.

But you'd be surprised how quick they figure out the AVR remote when you remove all audio connections to the TV except the one that goes through the rec'r. Oh yeah ... that's where the 'quick learner' aspect of an otherwise intelligent person's intellect steps right up. BMX was right. It's better. It's much better. It's always much better. My issue with the tv speakers was that eventually they would get turned up enough to distort. That was super irritating.

I'd love a shot at running Audyssey XT/32 with a Denon 4311 or whatever else they have that's 4 Ohm stable but I would be hard pressed to part with DIY subs like that. And if you insist on getting rid of the subs you should provide the number. When I start to low ball somebody I need to know that I'm not starting too high. :)

What are the dimensions? What's the asking price?

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I will let you know Alex , I must think about the overall effect and direction I will take,Thanks.
I know I want to make a change.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I will let you know Alex , I must think about the overall effect and direction I will take,Thanks.
I know I want to make a change.
Have a few drinks while you mull this over and then give me something in writing. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis