Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I envy you folks with wood shops. If only because, on a rare occasion, I want to cut a piece of wood today. I want to cut a portion out of plank. Turns out, I really don't have any great saws. I do have this for cutting wood trim...I'm about to find out if it'll work well. I've never used it. I suppose that I do have some chain saws...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I envy you folks with wood shops. If only because, on a rare occasion, I want to cut a piece of wood today. I want to cut a portion out of plank. Turns out, I really don't have any great saws. I do have this for cutting wood trim...I'm about to find out if it'll work well. I've never used it. I suppose that I do have some chain saws...
this is what you need- Hitachi CR13VBY 12-Amp Reciprocating Saw with User Vibration Protection Technology - Amazon.com I have burnt through MANY sawzalls over the years some costing as much as $300, the 13 a hitachi is by far the best, milwaukee also makes a decent one that has a moveable handle but not sure if they make it anymore, I used this sawzall to cut down a hardwood tree with a 20" trunk for a customer a few years back after a storm knocked it down, went through like butter, plus we use them to cut steel pipe, boilers, tanks, ect on a daily basis... Good to have around the house, since with the rite blade and some patience you can cut anything, we even use them to cut cast iron...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, guys. It was a combo of that oscillating tool (which doesn't work that awesomely), a smaller saw, and a pruning rip saw. The job is done! I really should have worn a dust mask...I knew it before hand...but I didn't.

As soon as I went out to do it, it started to sprinkle, so I was in the side doorway of my garage. Now I'm done, and the sun just peaked out. :D No worries - the sawing is done, and now it's time to put the plank back on the desk.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If you need an oscillating tool this is the one to get. What is it that you are calling a plank? I'm not getting enough info on this. We're going to need some pic's. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
If you need an oscillating tool this is the one to get. What is it that you are calling a plank? I'm not getting enough info on this. We're going to need some pic's. :)
Why that one? Depending on how this goes it may just find its way into my shopping cart ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
But...I already have the other tool, and the job is done. :)

By plank, I meant a long, thin, rectangular piece of wood (wrong term?) Particle board, really. It's from my computer desk (purchased in the 80's...used to be my brother's...yeah, I keep things for a while). It serves as a brace on the bottom back portion of the desk, spanning between the two side walls and fitting up against the bottom back edge of the desk top. I took it off a little while ago in order to mount a monitor stand because the mount wouldn't fit on with that board in place, so today I cut out a small section where that mount fits so that I could put this brace back on.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Why that one? Depending on how this goes it may just find its way into my shopping cart ;)
Word has it that the fien tool is the best one out there. They were the first ones on the market and the rest are cheaper less effective tools. The one I used worked well. Adam already mentioned his sucks.

By plank, I meant a long, thin, rectangular piece of wood (wrong term?) Particle board, really.
Oh, well yeah ... the thin particle board plank ... yeah. :D
You're such a Homer Owner. :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Cheryl and I are both kicking around with the flu this weekend. All the glasses were in the dishwasher and I wanted some water so I opened it up and put a few glasses and cups away until I got to the glass I wanted to use for water. About 20 minutes later I hear grumbling in the kitchen. Evidently Cheryl disapproves of me not finishing what I start in regards to the dishes not all being put away. I pointed out that I started getting myself a glass of water and since I was drinking said glass of water I actually did finish what I started. She did not seem suitably impressed with my task completion skills.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Next time, just drink from the faucet. Don't start a task...can't get in trouble for not finishing it. ;)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
should have messaged Brian his a tool :p

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Cheryl and I are both kicking around with the flu this weekend. All the glasses were in the dishwasher and I wanted some water so I opened it up and put a few glasses and cups away until I got to the glass I wanted to use for water. About 20 minutes later I hear grumbling in the kitchen. Evidently Cheryl disapproves of me not finishing what I start in regards to the dishes not all being put away. I pointed out that I started getting myself a glass of water and since I was drinking said glass of water I actually did finish what I started. She did not seem suitably impressed with my task completion skills.
Males don't do female tasks at my house...get some stones dude.

Crap, Carolyn is getting up....I have to run and make her breakfast, be back later....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I found out this morning that our community mail box (and others in the neighborhood) were broken into. They were after the outgoing mail, but because my mailbox was in the same master box as that slot...they took it, too. I have no idea if I even had anything in there, but I'm going to assume that I had a personal invitation from Jennifer Lawrence for a private screening of...herself, and I will submit my insurance claim accordingly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis