What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got a lot of snow that'll probably freeze soon so I ordered one of these bad boys to get it all of the small hill/driveway I have to drive up and down everyday. It was an Amazon warehouse deal so we'll see how that goes.

I have one. I use it all the time and I don't really get snow normally...though we did already this year. Works great for a lot of stuff though.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Just picked up two more epipens last night.

And I just discovered something called the Auvi-Q which is a much more convenient size. I'll try to get those from now on.
My company prints the labels for those things. The ones that talk are pretty damn cool.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Word. I don't need it to talk cuz I already know how to use it, but I guess it would be good for somebody to have if they are in a state where they can't talk and they require outside assistance :)

I'm just happy about the size/form factor. The epipens are way too big.

connieflyer

connieflyer

Audioholic
Just ordered this tv [h=1]Panasonic TC-P60VT60 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV from best buy. Cost was $4 dollars more than amazon, free delivery before Christmas, set-up, talked him into free haul away of 57 in Toshiba rptv, and I asked for and received an audioquest 3M hdmi cable, $90.00 price tag, could not give it to me free so he charged me .01 cents. Sorry to see the Toshiba go but time to move on (while I still can)[/h]

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Picked up a 2 pack of Auvi-Q injectors. Much more convenient than the epipens. A little pricier at $339.47, but I'm only paying 10% right now.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Picked up a 2 pack of Auvi-Q injectors. Much more convenient than the epipens. A little pricier at $339.47, but I'm only paying 10% right now.
How cool. Just talked about this yesterday with my boss. He had an Eppi-pen to show me the difference. I guess they're fine if you're a chick and have a purse to put that big-*** thing in, but for a dude what a pain. The guy that invented this was just tired of carrying around those giant Eppi-pens and invented a better device. Pretty cool to see something I'm involved in out in the real world.

Must suck to have to jab one of those things in your leg though.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Fortunately I've not had to use one yet. I've accidentally ingested amounts of tree nuts that were in a cookie or bite of candy or whatever, but the reaction wasn't severe enough to require epinephrine.

But yeah this thing is so much more convenient than the epipen. It's awesome :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Fortunately I've not had to use one yet. I've accidentally ingested amounts of tree nuts that were in a cookie or bite of candy or whatever, but the reaction wasn't severe enough to require epinephrine.

But yeah this thing is so much more convenient than the epipen. It's awesome :D
Just curious. How did you hear about the Auvi-Q?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I was annoyed at my epipen price gouging so I just googled "epipen price increase" to see if there was any reason for it (there wasn't). One of the results I ended up clicking was an allergy forum and somebody had mentioned the auvi-q and how much more convenient it was than the epipen. I looked it up and thought it was awesome, so I got a prescription for it :)

Of course, it's even more expensive than the epipen, which is lame. I don't mind paying extra for the convenience but there really is no reason why these things cost as much as they do. It also sucks that they expire after 11 or 12 months. I certainly hope I never need to use one, but I will continue to buy them in case poop happens.

Matt34

Matt34

I finally broke down and decided to try a Keurig Vue coffee maker. Just ordered a V700 brewer, Solocup V2 adapter to use k-cups in it, and some Vue coffee packs.

The V700 was only $120 (before tax) at Walmart. I'm not a Walmart fan, but dang, that's the cheapest that I've seen them by about $30. Of course, this means that new models will come out as soon as I get mine. :)
I bought a Keurig in May when I got back from overseas, still the best purchase I made all year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I bought a Keurig in May when I got back from overseas, still the best purchase I made all year.
They are handy, aren't they? :) Which one did you get? Was it a k-cup or Vue brewer?

Last edited by a moderator:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
JBL Studio 530 speakers for $369 - will be here Tomorrow

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis