Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
things are getting strange around here lately i dont think ill come back and visit anymore

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
things are getting strange around here lately i dont think ill come back and visit anymore
I beg your pardon. I never promised you a rose garden.
Along with the sunshine, you know there's gotta be a little rain sometimes.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So ... as a kid I lived on a 750 acre farm. Yep, it's story time. This was down in Florida. We had moved there from NYC. My brother who was in his late teens had gotten a job managing the farm and that included cleaning out the horse stalls. Hay would be spread out on the stall floor ... I can't remember why exactly. But he would back the pick up truck up to a window and using a pitch fork he would toss the old hay into the bed.

A kid visiting from NYC whose mom had just gotten divorced was standing outside the stall beside the bed of the truck more or less heckling my brother about the job he was doing (shoveling sh!t). It was a relatively small window so there was no line of sight between them. As this heckling continued clumps of hay would fly out of the window into the bed of the truck at regular intervals until something special happened. The business end of the pitch fork appeared out of window and with a deft sideways flick, a small bed of pee soaked hay with a clump of horse turds mounted on it was launched at the hecklers face catching him with his mouth open. First the heckling ceased immediately. Second gravity took over and the gnarly mess dropped on the kid's shoes.

That sideways sh!t hook shot was beyond poetic. The look of slack jawed bewilderment on the kid's face (after the poop dropped of course) is something that has stayed with me for the better part of 4 decades. I asked my brother how he managed that shot even though he couldn't see the kid ... and the timing, it was perfect.

I'm out of time. Gottsta go. Have a nice day.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Lately?!? :D

Btw, Steph, if you're going to post on Bryce's account, you're going to need to misspell more words to fool us. :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm going to ship my brother a package for Christmas - holy cow, shipping is expensive. I wish that I could get Amazon's rates...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Saturday number two blown and the freaking boiler still isn't done yet. A regulator is all that stands between me and clean and efficient heat :mad:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
bummer ... snow's coming too
Snow's already here for me. About 2-3" has already fallen at the homestead and it looks like it'll probably be 6" at minimum if it continues at this pace overnight and tomorrow.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
the girl and I both have colds ... and Chinese plus a ton of desserts

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Snow's already here for me. About 2-3" has already fallen at the homestead and it looks like it'll probably be 6" at minimum if it continues at this pace overnight and tomorrow.
We had 5 inches of snow here, with another 2-4 inches of lake effect possible tonight .

the girl and I both have colds ... and Chinese plus a ton of desserts
Sorry to hear you and the Chinese girl are sick.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis