Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Surgery didn't happen after all. Doc said my eye has issues for sure - abnormal pigmentation/spotting, lattice, small tears, but the retina is still attached, so nothing they can "fix" yet. Have to go back in Jan. No strenuous activity for 6 weeks :(

Yeah, so doc was saying "Nothing serious at the moment, but if you start to see shadows in your field of vision come in immediately because you have about 48hrs before the damage is irreversible." Um, that sounds pretty serious to me...but obviously that isn't an issue right now.
Thanks for the update on this. Watchful waiting is probably your only option. It seems like you're in good hands – always a good thing. "Make an appointment in 6 weeks" is always better than learning "it's too late to treat it".

In the past 2 years I've seen eye docs as frequently as every 2 weeks (much less often lately :)), so I am somewhat familiar with this routine. Good luck.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
damn John you always seem to have so much going on... Hope things go smoother in the future. Good luck with those eyes!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Keep us updated and I hope it all turns out well.
Surgery didn't happen after all. Doc said my eye has issues for sure - abnormal pigmentation/spotting, lattice, small tears, but the retina is still attached, so nothing they can "fix" yet. Have to go back in Jan. No strenuous activity for 6 weeks :(

Yeah, so doc was saying "Nothing serious at the moment, but if you start to see shadows in your field of vision come in immediately because you have about 48hrs before the damage is irreversible." Um, that sounds pretty serious to me...but obviously that isn't an issue right now.

I cover up, but I don't stifle them, though I do tend to blow my nose pretty hard. Haven't had any nasal issues recently that I would link to this though. Doc basically said it is likely age related, but I have had some other recent issues that all seem to be linked and now have to check with my primary doctor to see if that's what it is. The eye issue research lead me to another disorder that retina issues are directly related to and there's no cure, only treatment. Thankfully it is mainly just a nuisance kind of thing and nothing that will presumably shorten my life and I've had it for most of my life already. I just didn't know what it was; likely it has more of an impact as I get older though.

That was the other eye and it wasn't really an impact, it just happened to land on top of my shooting glasses :(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I only read a few of the reviews, but they were hilarious! Thanks for posting that. The top reviewer hit the gold mine with that review - darn near 30k votes. His other reviews have about less than 20 total. Of course, now I'm inspired to try it on my knob and bullocks. :eek: :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry to hear about all of your eye troubles John. Hope it all works out and they get you ship shape.

How boring is it going to be if you can only listen to por....er...movies and short to medium length internet clips. :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Here we go again ... another Saturday spent paying for yesterday.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm taking my car in for it's 40k mile service. Granted, it has 48k miles on it...but I'm doing better. :eek: :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm taking my car in for it's 40k mile service. Granted, it has 48k miles on it...but I'm doing better. :eek: :D
But it's cold outside. In the teens this morning. I know the northerners enjoy a little revenge for me calling the 90s cool.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
But it's cold outside. In the teens this morning. I know the northerners enjoy a little revenge for me calling the 90s cool.
Yep, it's cold here, too. The forecast said that it shouldn't get down to freezing, but the weather website says that it's 28. I hope it didn't get that cold here because I didn't cover my plants. This is like the one freeze a year that hits and then it ruins all of the plants until Spring. I hope that my oranges don't get ruined.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Applied at Subway. Called Subway to follow up. Got a Subway club to the plums. Great end to great week. :(

&

My danglies look like a an elderly Rastafarian. :eek: Veet FTW.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Applied at Subway. Called Subway to follow up. Got a Subway club to the plums. Great end to great week. :(
Don't fret it, dude. Their a bunch of snobs, anyway. Sandwich "artist," my a**. :D

Best of luck finding something that you like to do.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
It's in the teens up north as well, of course that's on the minus side and without adding in windchill. :)
We almost hit -40 with the windchill this morning, it's our first real cold snap this fall.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
At the Ford dealer. Thank goodness for smart phones and the internet. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis