Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well it's been a blast exchanging barbs, derailing threads and buying stuff but now I'm going to try for nap 2. Nap 1 was a bit disappointing. I hope I don't dream about Rick getting his pipes cleaned.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I still find myself annoyed and surprised by how inconsiderate some folks are. A dude down the street is blasting his car radio while putting up Christmas lights. His timing sucks, as he started doing it almost exactly when I went out in the garage to do some work. At first, I thought it must be someone right outside my house it was so loud. It's amazingly loud at my house outside (it's as loud inside my house as my TV is, and that's after I shut the windows), so I can't imagine how loud it is there. He was listening to the end of a football game, but now he's just listening to an endless stream of commercials. I wish that I was more confrontational, because that's just a douchebag move.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I still find myself annoyed and surprised by how inconsiderate some folks are. A dude down the street is blasting his car radio while putting up Christmas lights. His timing sucks, as he started doing it almost exactly when I went out in the garage to do some work. At first, I thought it must be someone right outside my house it was so loud. It's amazingly loud at my house outside (it's as loud inside my house as my TV is, and that's after I shut the windows), so I can't imagine how loud it is there. He was listening to the end of a football game, but now he's just listening to an endless stream of commercials. I wish that I was more confrontational, because that's just a douchebag move.
You and I are very different people. Other than me being Asian and you a big white dog that is.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You're more confrontational, or you like listening to other people's car radios?
A little of both :p

Part of the teacher training is forcing yourself to be confrontational whether you're that type of person or not. If you can't tackle people and problems head on sometimes the kids/job will chew you up and spit you out. Some people I went to school with were definitely not confrontational people and they struggled mightily during certain things we did. I wasn't really, now I'm more so. Not like Imcloud ;) ;), but if it bothers me that bad I'll say something.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I now have ear wax remover fluid and ear plugs in, so I can't hear it anymore. Maybe he turned it off, maybe not.

I get along with this guy, and his family has been here since I moved here in mid-2000. I found and brought home one of their dogs one night, and we chat from time to time, but rarely. We just don't know each other that well. I think this is the first time that I've ever noticed him do this...I just hope it doesn't become a thing. I know that I listen to things fairly quietly, so me saying something is loud gets taken with a grain of salt - but this was loud. And really out of character, both for this guy and the neighborhood. We tend to be pretty considerate to each other.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My hats off to Moen today! My new faucet arrived on Friday, but the plastic handle had a gash in it. I filled out their online form (which is for any help related to a product, not specifically warranty issues) and asked if they'd mind sending a new handle because mine was damaged when I got it. Less than two hours later...on a Sunday...after a holiday...they sent me confirmation that the new handle is being shipped out to me free of charge. Amazing! Someone had to not only be working, but read through my comments, and then process the claim. I hadn't even looked it up before, but it's ~$30 handle. Sweet. That's going in the review for sure.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well it's been a blast exchanging barbs, derailing threads and buying stuff but now I'm going to try for nap 2. Nap 1 was a bit disappointing. I hope I don't dream about Rick getting his pipes cleaned.
Well...how to Nap 2 treat you? :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well...how to Nap 2 treat you? :)
Pretty good I guess. 1.5 hours down time. Now it's almost bedtime.

Did you see where the 65" VT is actually cheaper than the 65" ST?! Dude - if you get the 65" one, you'll be SAVING money. Tell her that. :D
Don't want to go OT on that thread but really saving money is sticking with our TH-50PZ77U. It also saves me the hassle of doing everything else involved with a new TV like getting rid of the old one, mounting the new one and then calibrating the thing. I was bad about getting stuff done when I wasn't working. Now ... it would take forever.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Don't want to go OT on that thread but really saving money is sticking with our TH-50PZ77U.
You should just sell your TV and stop watching altogether. :p Wait, no. That's too extreme. You could still watch on your computer monitor.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hmmm. Not horrible, but you can get those brand new for about $100-$150 more on Amazon. This year's models will cost a bit more.

What are you looking to get? Looks like you want to enter the world of Apple. Are you set on an all-in-one? You could get a brand new Mac Mini and larger monitor for less money.
Then it is a horrible deal considering these guys are up the road and I would have to pay tax ... maybe it would be tax free if I paid the $30 to ship but I don't buy stuff at pawn shops for 10% off.

I'm not really after anything other than maybe a bigger screen. I can't go too big without exceeding the desk space. This old XP eMachines (that you probably remember me removing the Northbridge (?)) still works.

Actually I'm all set. This one is hooked up. When the analog outs on my sound card (which you recommended) crapped out I just went over to the coaxial digital audio out and called it good. I wouldn't know what to do with anything better.

Mostly I'm after a killer deal.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Actually I'm all set.
No you're NOT! :D You vacuumed off that northbridge heat sink like, what, six years ago?! That thing is ancient.

I was just looking at monitor prices on Amazon today (they had one on sale), and I was amazed at how inexpensive they've become. I bought a 20" monitor a few years back for, I forget, about $250 or so and thought it was a stellar deal. Now, they have 24" monitors for just over $100. If you'd like a larger monitor, you might want to check them out again.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis