What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Vizio E420. It was on sale. It is for the other house, don't need M series since I already have the Samsung 7000 in the main system. Plus CNET said the E series has PQ that is nearly as good as the M series without the "smart" functions that I don't want or need.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I had the 95 and loved it, but found I wasn't really using the analog outputs enough for it to really be worth it. If I had things set up differently and had more time to do 2 channel listening I might have considered the 105, but because I didn't think I'd use the analog outputs I went with the 103. Now, I went with the Darbee version out of sheer curiosity. Combined with the return policy, I figured that it was worth possibly having to ship it back just to see what all the hype was about.

I've been pondering a new BD player.

What pushed you towards this one?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I could have done that for you. I live about 10 minutes from Oppo :) But now you can tell me instead :D I'm still planning on 105.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I could have done that for you. I live about 10 minutes from Oppo :) But now you can tell me instead :D I'm still planning on 105.
Normally I'd take you up on that, but from what I've been reading, Darbee processing is highly subjective. So I need to see with my own squinty Asian eyes :D I'll be posting as I go with it in my Pros and Joes thread so as to not muddy up this one too badly.

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Finally got a LSA LCR center speaker to match my LSA mains. I rested the speaker on a Peerless mount. Pretty damn huge but I love it!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Almost unbelievably (to me), the Beer Tusk got to $20k on Kickstarter and is funded. So, I guess that's something new that I bought. :)

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
I love the way you've hung it. I'm assuming the fire place is permanently out of service?
Not according to my wife! But yes, I'm nervous about the heat. Definitely going to keep an eye on it...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
No thanks to afterlife2 this happened

I also upgraded my phone and took advantage of a little promotion they are running. More to come on that when it arrives :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis